Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-13, 11:10 AM  
workoutjunkie

Boo. I'm so disappointed to hear this. I was really looking forward to this workout, especially the combos.

My fave workout is the combo section from KPC. I would often do that plus some of the leg exercises from Legs & Glutes. That DVD is awesome - two great workouts and a ton of premixes.

Kickmax was a disappointment. The combos are kind of blah. Didn't care for the high impact cardio stuff and all the jumping jacks in the second section. If she had done a premix that combined the two, alternated cardio with a combo, I would've liked it much better. I keep the workout just for the leg conditioning drills.

Hard Strikes and the kickbox section from 4DS are ok, but still nothing to write home about.

I really hope that if Cathe comes out with another kickboxing DVD it is filled with fun combos and not a lot of impact or jumping jacks. I'd even like a good boxing DVD like KCM's TLC for days I can't work my legs.

Since I probably won't be getting Rockout Knockout, I wonder if MMA Boxing or one of Susan Chung's workouts would be more to my liking...
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 11:42 AM  
Shelbygirl

I actually liked this one a lot. I thought it was fun and plenty intense for me. I used 1 lb. weighted gloves for the whole thing, which worked out well. This one was much more enjoyable to me than Hard Strikes.

It's always interesting to me to see how different we all are...what is a prize to one person is a disappointment to another.

Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 11:49 AM  
marmact

I definitely won't be buying this one, as I was really disappointed with HS and this sounds like more of the same.

Cathe's MMA Boxing is excellent, for the person who asked. It's all punching (it's boxing NOT kickboxing) with cardio bursts in between combo sections. You can do or skip the cardio really easily as the workout is nicely chaptered.

I also love Susan Chung's RF #1 and #2. (I don't have #3.) She offers a lot of variety and fantastic form. Her combos are also interesting and fun!

I also think Cathe's Kickboxing from 4DS is awesome. It's short at about 30 minutes, but totally underrated in terms of the fun factor and intensity. I really enjoy that one.
Old 10-09-13, 11:16 AM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
Cathe's MMA Boxing is excellent, for the person who asked. It's all punching (it's boxing NOT kickboxing) with cardio bursts in between combo sections. You can do or skip the cardio really easily as the workout is nicely chaptered.

I also love Susan Chung's RF #1 and #2. (I don't have #3.) She offers a lot of variety and fantastic form. Her combos are also interesting and fun!

I also think Cathe's Kickboxing from 4DS is awesome. It's short at about 30 minutes, but totally underrated in terms of the fun factor and intensity. I really enjoy that one.
That was me! Thanks for responding. It's been awhile since I've done 4DS, but I like shorter 30 min. kickbox workouts so will have to try it again. Will have to put MMA boxing on my wish list, and will definitely look more closely at Susan Chung's. Interested to hear reviews after her new one comes out. Thanks!
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13, 12:01 PM  
alydinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by workoutjunkie View Post
That was me! Thanks for responding. It's been awhile since I've done 4DS, but I like shorter 30 min. kickbox workouts so will have to try it again. Will have to put MMA boxing on my wish list, and will definitely look more closely at Susan Chung's. Interested to hear reviews after her new one comes out. Thanks!
You should also look at Patrick's new kickbox DVD Kickbox Burn. It's an hour long, but it's fantastic.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13, 02:12 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
You should also look at Patrick's new kickbox DVD Kickbox Burn. It's an hour long, but it's fantastic.
It is indeed fantastic - and there are four distinct 10-minute sections plus an abs section, so you could always opt to do just some of the sections for a shorter workout!
Old 10-09-13, 05:45 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
I definitely won't be buying this one, as I was really disappointed with HS and this sounds like more of the same.

I remember feeling the same when I pull out 4DS Kickbox and do it. An idea for me may be a to pair up 4DS Kickbox with Great Glutes...
Old 10-09-13, 05:47 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
It really is...basic but not a thousand reps of the same move...intense, high energy, fun...love it! I keep watching for her own release Patrick mentions at the end of the workout. The cardio is divided into 10 minute sections and you can mix and match to make your own workouts so it will play only the sections you choose. Very nice feature.
Old 10-10-13, 08:33 AM  
Conni

I had just done RK last week and then it was on the rotation this week, so I subbed HS.
I actually enjoyed HS more than RK.

RK's combos are repeated so much I know I am going to get bored, at least HS is constantly moving. Yes, there are a lot of jacks, but it seems to move faster and once it is over, it's over. the conditioning section is really good, imo.

RK just seems disjointed. I put on my wraps, then my gloves, then my wraps again...
I am hoping RK grows on me a bit, like HS has. Time will tell.
Old 10-10-13, 08:38 AM  
RoccoLuv

I think the cueing in this is terrible.

I think from now on when (if!) i do this one again when Cathe says to 'recover' from a move that we only did a few times & my heart rate isn't even up yet, that I am just going to continue on with the move instead of marching in place.
Graduate of p90x (2x), Insanity (2x), P90X+, CLX, STS, Turbo Fire, Asylum 1 & 2, JNL Fusion, Body Beast, Xtrain, Fitness is Function Kbell, Cathe Ripped with Hiit. Currently doing Edge Booty Extreme 2.
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe kickbox, rockout knockout