Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-01-13, 04:39 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKEMom View Post
Yes, 4DS HIS is one of my favorite workouts EVER I would say it's probably about the same as far as complexity goes, but there are no intervals; it's totally steady-state. It could be that I was working harder than I thought I was and didn't notice because I was thinking so much. That happens sometimes with step, another reason I love it. I don't bother to wear a HRM or anything, so this is strictly perceived exertion. I did work up a sweat. Also, sometimes when I'm learning something I don't move as vigorously as when I know it well. I expect it'll be more challenging cardio-wise once I've learned it and I'm doing it on a higher step.
Thank you, I really like HIS too (once I learned it).
Old 10-01-13, 05:34 PM  
HRCFitness

Rockin Knockout

I just did this one plus the heavy bag workout. It was great! Loved it! Seems like a good mix of Hardstrikes and Kick punch crunch. Nothing is complicated and there is just enough of everything.

It's a winner.
Going to do Flex Train tomorrow.
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 05:44 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
Really? I could have sworn I saw bent over tricep kickbacks in there. But I've been previewing so many workouts my mind is a blur.
You saw it...it's in one of the X10 workouts.
Old 10-01-13, 05:46 PM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiletha444 View Post
I'm struggling with what to call this group of dvds (since it's not a series)....I might rename my download folder "2013 Cathe Remix Set"....I like it!
I was having the same issue today trying to think what to label it in my journal when I do them to differentiate from her other ones. I sure wish she would have just given it some sort of title. I suppose "Cathe 2013" works. That's sort of a long title though.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 06:00 PM  
gigi

I agree that a good title would be The Cathe Remix Set.

They look fresh and fun to me though. I think I will enjoy them. Still getting back into the groove as I'm not 100% recovered from sinus/allergy issues. I will post my thoughts as I do them.
Old 10-01-13, 07:39 PM  
gigi

I just did Flex Train. To give you an idea of where I am right now fitness wise, I've been out of commission for about a month with sinus/allergy issues so I haven't been able to workout regularly and have just gotten back into the groove for about a week I'd say. I expected to have a very difficult time due to this. For example last week I could only handle half of LIS After Burn and it slayed me. The next day I completed the second half. I did half of Kickbox Burn on Sunday and the second half yesterday. That's about all I've been able to handle. That being said, I did all of Flex Train with no breaks. I matched Cathe's weights but for the rear dealt raises she used 10's and I used 8's. I had to do the drop set push ups on my knees. The tricep kickbacks she did in a plank, I dropped to one knee. My core is very weak right now. I modified some of the core work as well. I found this challenging but not killer but I do think this will be an easy workout to make more difficult by finding the highest weight you can handle with good form. This is not the super advanced Cathe workout she used to put out though.

It moved quickly. Nothing new or innovative but I was not bored, felt nicely worked and will reach for it again. The sliding discs are not over used. The chest was way under-worked compared to every other body part.
Old 10-01-13, 08:35 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I just finished party rockin step 1. I have been waiting for Cathe with more choreographed step for quite a while. I was only on 1 riser so seemed easier than it probably was. I really enjoyed this one. I thought the music was more upbeat than usual Cathe music and it made the workout seem even more fun. The choreography did not start from the top a lot which I appreciated. It moved right along. The steps were a bit different but there were enough Cathe moves that I was not ever lost. I thought her cueing was good. As someone else said... it could be my go to workout for a light/medium day. I worked up a nice sweat but was not gasping This is a keeper for me. Can't wait to try party rockin step 2.
Old 10-02-13, 05:37 AM  
RoccoLuv

Step #2

I did step #2 yesterday after my body beast workout. It was easy to learn & the music was decent. I was a little bored by combo 3 and thought about stopping. But I continued on & got a decent sweat. There was a good mix of old & new moves. Not a lot of spinning around either (I'm not too found of spinning around & around)

My biggest complaint about #2 is the amount of power 7's/power 15's. There are A TON of them.

Overall I felt this workout was just okay. Don't love it or hate it. Not sure if it will be better the 2nd time through or if it will actually be more boring.
Graduate of p90x (2x), Insanity (2x), P90X+, CLX, STS, Turbo Fire, Asylum 1 & 2, JNL Fusion, Body Beast, Xtrain, Fitness is Function Kbell, Cathe Ripped with Hiit. Currently doing Edge Booty Extreme 2.
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 07:30 AM  
Conni

Just did Party Rockin' Step 2 today. Love it! Dancier than I thought it would be, but I love the way Cathe integrated the interval moves into the combos, so you have no dread factor at all. I love the combos, Cathe was in great spirits and the music was good also.
I am not a huge Cathe step fan, but she has me now after this workout. Can't wait to do Step 1!
Old 10-02-13, 07:52 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Hi Angela,

Thanks for you Flex review! Im wondering if you thought it was easier or harder than supercuts (I know you really enjoy the xtrain series). TIA!

Tags
cathe, cathe 2013 workouts, cathe remix series, flex train