Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-13, 07:28 AM  
Conni

Cathe's Flex Train

Got my dvds yesterday and started out with this one today.
Great metabolic workout! This one will creep up on you little by little, until you are thoroughly cooked! This workout has hardly any impact, but Cathe will get your heartrate up and going.

It is 55 minutes long, just enough.
Can't wait to try another one!
Old 10-01-13, 07:29 AM  
dixie

Thanks for the review!!!
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 07:31 AM  
Bebop

Are there pre-mixes?
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 08:41 AM  
Conni

I got this from Cathe's site:

47:48 Timesaver #1 - No Abs: ( Warm Up + Legs & Shoulders + Back + Legs & Biceps + Chest With discs + Disc lunges + Triceps + Legs/FireWalkers + Stretch)
47:49 Timesaver #2 - No Disc + No FireWalkers: ( Warm Up + Legs & Shoulders + Back + Legs & Biceps + Triceps + Core/Abs +Stretch)
39:00 Timesaver #3- No Disc + No FireWalkers + No Core ( Warm Up + Legs & Shoulders + Back + Legs & Biceps + Triceps + Stretch)
Old 10-01-13, 09:58 AM  
WorkoutFun
VF Supporter

Thanks for the review. I was going to try this tonight.
WorkoutFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 03:54 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I just previewed Flex Train and it looks FANTASTIC! I wrote some thoughts on my check in, but I thought I'd copy it here for the folks on GD.

Quote:
Previewing Flex Train and it looks awesome!!!! Whoo hoo! It loooks like its going to be the perfect companion to Supercuts. I did notice whereas supercuts is a little more hodgepodge-y this one is separated into distinct sections where the focus is on individual body parts, even though many moves are compound. She appears to alternate from an upper body focus to lower body back and forth. So she'll do a shoulder focus segment then lower body, then back (where she goes nice and heavy with single arm rows) to lower body again. She focuses on chest and triceps this way, although I noticed one section was compound with legs and biceps together.
It seems this one is designed so you can use slightly heavier weights then with Supercuts. Especially with the back, she grabbed a 25 lb dumbbell for single arm rows.
Old 10-01-13, 07:32 PM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I just previewed Flex Train and it looks FANTASTIC! I wrote some thoughts on my check in, but I thought I'd copy it here for the folks on GD.

It seems this one is designed so you can use slightly heavier weights then with Supercuts. Especially with the back, she grabbed a 25 lb dumbbell for single arm rows.
Thanks for the review! I had similar thoughts when I previewed it, too. I think I'm going to like the pace of Flex Train better than Supercuts!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 09:04 PM  
gigi

I think the key to Flex Train will be making the correct weight choices so the workout is challenging. This is definitely not as advanced as past workouts though it is a nice, solid workout. I felt the chest was way under-worked compared to everything else. I liked that this one is chaptered by body parts worked.
Old 10-07-13, 08:04 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I did Flex Train yesterday and I am surprised by the DOMS this morning! Upper body mostly: shoulders, upper back and upper abs are especially sore. Unexpected and happy about it!
Old 10-07-13, 08:32 AM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I did Flex Train yesterday and I am surprised by the DOMS this morning! Upper body mostly: shoulders, upper back and upper abs are especially sore. Unexpected and happy about it!
I'm surprised that my upper back is still sore and I did Flex Train on Wednesday I did Rockout Knockout yesterday so maybe that's helping too.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flex train, flextrain