Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-24, 07:09 AM  
Helen

LILI That movement challenge looks good as a 'start your day' thing; also to check in on what I can (or can't) do these days.
CLEDA I'm picturing you in 'Superman Clothes' doing that Disco Walk
VANNIE If you're really keen on making playable DVDs from download with menus, chapters, and premixes (playlists) I've found it great - definitely got DH's money's worth from the software. Although what I use is no longer made, I'm sure there'd be something similar.

Sat 13
looong dog walk - started holidays with Alice. Lovely day for it too.
Sun 14
Chris Dorner - 40min Kickboxing, with Kathryn
Mon 15
Cathe - Low Impact Series - Athletic Training - Cardio Leg Express, with Kirrily
Chris Dorner - 48min dance cardio, with Kathryn
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-24, 09:56 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

4/13 - Jessica's 2 Morning Walks, Interval Walk
4/14 - Two 45 minute gardening sessions, then my shift at the bird rescue.

Helen - I really liked the first 4 or 5 of the Movement Challenge, but then the next one killed my knees and the last one I could only do one of the moves with one hand, the other wrist wouldn't cooperate. I'll keep up with them off and on.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-24, 06:55 AM  
Helen

Tue 16
30min brisk dog walk, including a solid hill-climb
Old 04-16-24, 09:08 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliMagill View Post
I came home from Goodwill this week with more books and couldn't find room on my shelves. That was the final hint I needed to read more and buy less! And I'm a huge fan of the public library.
I am a HUGE fan of my library. I originally purchased a Kindle many years ago as the books don't take up any room on the bookshelves. Problem? I ended up with 500+ books on my kindle and I forget about them and rarely use it to read !!!

Since I retired, I am using my library constantly and loving it. I keep getting great recommendations from Good reads, from VF, from friends. It's great. I love to read and I can't be happier, sitting outside in the morning sun, getting my Vitamin D and reading.

While I'm here:

4/13/2024: 10 mins. Aquil Hydrow Drive Row, 5 mins. Cool down row, 20 mins. Country ride with Bradley, 5 mins. Post ride stretch

4/14/2024: REST DAY

4/15/2024: 45 mins. low impact Jenn Sherman Ride, 10 mins. Bradley rose cool down ride, 5 mins. post ride stretch, 10 mins. vibration plate

Hated the country ride with Bradley Rose (which is strange, since I adore him. Just didn't click. Not sure why).

Jenn Sherman: I know I whine about her, but she has the best music choices (for me). I end up turning her down and music up and get a good ride.

I am liking the every other day. But that's not what every day is about , now is it? I'll have to see if I can fix that.

Gotta run. Vitamin D and my current book is calling me with a big cup of coffee!

Have a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-24, 11:39 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

4/15 - Unplugged 2026, 24 min.
Day 8 Movement Challenge
GFWR Motown Classics W/O, 18 min.
Two 45 min. gardening sessions
4/16 - Bird hike*
Full Body Rebounder w/o for Lymphatic something, 9 min.
Basic Step W/O #26 w/ Kat Gates-B, 26 min.
1 hour of gardening

The bird hike was at a county park led by a former county employee. DH & I were the only ones who had never done a bird hike before, out of the dozen or so people there. I didn't pay attention to how far we went because we stopped many times along the way to spot different birds. At the end they added up how many species we saw and it was 39, many of which come to our various feeders. There were quite a few birds that I had never noticed before. I learned a lot and the group was very nice. They all seemed to know each other, but were very welcoming. Definitely got my geek on!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-24, 02:27 PM  
Vantreesta

How did so much time pass since I last posted?!

Fri 4/5 46 minutes UP NORTH
46 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.75 mi)
Pedometer: 10540 steps, 5.01 mi/Fitbit: 10343 steps, 4.88 mi

Sat 4/6 0 minutes UP NORTH
Pedometer: 4475 steps, 2.23 mi/Fitbit: 4371 steps, 2.05 mi

Sun 4/7 10 minutes UP NORTH
10 minutes (from 1 dog walks .67 mi w/ 13# pack)
Pedometer: 4682 steps, 2.29 mi/Fitbit: 5510 steps, 2.61 mi

Mon 4/8 140 minutes
17 minutes (from Crossrope Double in the Gap)
11 minutes (from Crossrope Solar Eclipse Skips)
40 minutes (from C. Friedrich STS 2.0 Tri Sets Total Body Express #3 premix) 1st time
22 minutes (from C. Friedrich Stretch Max routine #1 no equipment)
50 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.07 mi--last walk w/ 13# pack)
Pedometer: 15500 steps, 7.4 mi/Fitbit:16026 steps, 7.64 mi

Tue 4/9 57 minutes
5 minutes (from Cha-Cha Slide)
52 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.11 mi--last walk w/ 13# pack)
Pedometer: 11484 steps, 5.55 mi/Fitbit: 13124 steps, 6.21 mi

Wed 4/10 159 minutes
18 minutes (from Crossrope Triple off the Wall)
31 minutes (from 2.36 mi for ZL 10k trainer wk2 day2)
10 minutes (from 10 min EMOM wobble board drills)
8 minutes (from Run Better with Ash -Runners Relief: Soothing Foot Massage Routine, YT) 1st time
23 minutes (from Healthy Fit with Ty -Day 6 FOAM ROLLING/ STRETCHING LOWER BODY | Help your body to recover w/ self massage | Follow along, YT) 1st time
9 minutes (from H. Clare -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
60 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.73 mi--last walk w/ 13# pack)
Pedometer: 18598 steps, 8.81 mi/Fitbit: 18248 steps, 8.77 mi

Thu 4/11 65 minutes
20 minutes (from Crossrope Round Tripper)
7 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 23 -Total Body Stretch, YT) 1st time
38 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.37 mi--last walk w/ 15# pack)
Pedometer: 13736 steps, 6.56 mi/Fitbit: 13625 steps, 6.5 mi

Fri 4/12 94 minutes
2 minutes (from DieselSC Ultimate Two-Minute Shoulder Warmup, YT) 1st time
21 minutes (from C. Friedrich STS 2.0 Total Body Giant Sets express #3 premix) 1st time
21 minutes (from C. Friedrich STS 2.0 Chair Yoga)
50 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.96 mi--last walk w/ 15# pack)
Pedometer: 13473 steps, 6.48 mi/Fitbit: 14165 steps, 6.69 mi

Sat 4/13 20 minutes SHOPPING & PRINCE PARTY WITH FRIENDS!
20 minutes (from 1 dog walks 1.2 mi)
Pedometer: 12109 steps, 5.97 mi/Fitbit: 12481 steps, 5.9 mi

Sun 4/14 28 minutes
28 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.75 mi--last walk w/ 15# pack)
Pedometer: 8910 steps, 4.36 mi/Fitbit: 9273 steps, 4.3 mi

Mon 4/15 34 minutes LUNCH WITH FRIENDS
34 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.13 mi) really wanted to go for a run even though it wasn't sheduled, but I had a migraine so no workouts happened
Pedometer: 10105 steps, 4.92 mi/Fitbit: 13237 steps, 6.17 mi

Tue 4/16 73 minutes
5 minutes (from Cha-Cha Slide)
15 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 23 -15 Minute Morning Yoga for Upper Back and Shoulder RELIEF, YT) 1st time
9 minutes (from Human 2.0 Fitness -MOVEMENT CHALLENGE - Day 23 | Mobility Training & Injury Prevention Exercises, YT) 1st time
31 minutes (from C. Friedrich STS 2.0 Lower Body 1 premix #1) 1st time
13 minutes (from PT strength exercises combo-floorwork only)
it poured most of the day-we attempted a walk in the morning but the wind was so bad Cyric said no way and turned back home
Pedometer: 9771 steps, 4.85 mi/Fitbit: 8317 steps, 3.92 mi
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-24, 02:50 PM  
Vantreesta

The first wknd of April we went to my FIL's so I was a slug as I usually am when we're there. Last wknd I met some friends from college a couple hours away. We shopped the outlets and then went to the Airbnb we rented that was just a few miles away. We laughed and talked and ate and watched Prince's movies. We hadn't all gotten together in at least a couple years so it was really fun to hang out and catch up. I got home Sunday just in time for the Twins game. I was going to run but hubby was at a Ren Fest and Cyric was just so darn excited to see me that I couldn't bear to disappoint him by running out the door.

Monday ended up with no workouts either bc I had a migraine. I did still meet friends for lunch and we did two walks but I took a nap before I had to start supper and felt better after that. Today I had to get groceries and made it home shortly after the game started. I have gotten up at 7 the last two mornings (go me!) and I am just tired. I haven't managed to make it to bed much earlier yet. It poured and was super windy most of yesterday and Cyric did not want to walk in that! It's still cloudy and windy today and while I love cloudy, it's not helping my sleepiness! I'm gonna have to make myself get up as soon as the game is over or I'm likely to fall asleep.

I bought some new gadgets that I'm excited about. One is a squat wedge, and it really made yesterday's lower body weight workout and PT more effective, I think. I really like it! I also got a foot strengthening board that I'm hoping will be helpful in my foot routine, which I've been neglecting and need to restart. That was actually part of a kit that also came with resistance loops, and small foam roller and massage ball. The roller and ball were a little disappointing but I haven't actually used them yet so I'll reserve judgment. The roller is probably roughly the diameter of a soup can and a little longer.

I signed up for a 5k trail race that's on May 4th. It's the same one I did last year. Our wknds are so crazy from basically now till mid-October that it may be the only race I get to do.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-24, 09:31 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
• Books versus Kindle - when the Kindle dies (mine did long ago) you LOSE ALL THE BOOKS!
• I do envy you an outdoor morning spot to read - our outside sit-spot is out the back - West of the house.
• Every other day for formal workouts is probably going to become more realistic as we get older - longer recovery time! Putting a decent walk in between would be perfect.

VANNIE
• Sounds like a lovely weekend away with old friends.
• Making Cyric a proritiy is sometimes what you need to do.
• Soup-can sized roller is much narrower than usual, let us know how it goes.
• Lots of movement/workout days posted though

LILI
• Heh! Bridget requested bird-watching binoculars for last Christmas! You're in very good company.
• Kat Gates' smile is infectious - really like her workouts!
Old 04-18-24, 01:17 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
CLEDA
• Books versus Kindle - when the Kindle dies (mine did long ago) you LOSE ALL THE BOOKS!
• I do envy you an outdoor morning spot to read - our outside sit-spot is out the back - West of the house.
• Every other day for formal workouts is probably going to become more realistic as we get older - longer recovery time! Putting a decent walk in between would be perfect.
Ran super fast to look and see if I cancel my PRIME membership at Amazon, will I lose all my kindle books and the answer is NO! So many of the books I have remain safe. (they are stored on Amazon). Not to say they won't some day go away, but I'm ok for now! (Helen - you always make me think!!!) and that's NOT a bad thing.

I really have to get back into the every day. Even a gentle something. But, Not today ....

Have a great day. Too lazy to look at my log, will post later.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-24, 06:07 PM  
Helen

CLEDA Ahhh - most of the books on my Kindle came from the Guggenheim Project, not from Amazon. Sorry to have given you a mild panic.

Wed 17
30min brisk dog walk
Thu 18
PJ Wren - 12 Days to Christmas Challenge 2023 - Day 3 - Get Ready to Tone Up, An Energising Lower Body Workout