Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-07, 06:35 PM  
stephanie_932

I just did one of the Classical Stretch TV Series workouts and they were used in that, too!
Old 05-03-07, 06:50 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~
Is this 'pretzel' move similar to sitting in lotus???
Well, no. You're sitting on the ground, one leg bent across the front of you, the other aimed to the side (the instructors will tell you to try to get your knee behind your hip as much as possible) with your foot to the back. Kind of like a half a swastika. The idea is to get that side foot and knee off the ground and pulse while keeping your body as upright as possible.

ETA - the video clip Collage has of Designer Sculpting shows the pretzel
Old 05-04-07, 07:59 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom
Well, no. You're sitting on the ground, one leg bent across the front of you, the other aimed to the side (the instructors will tell you to try to get your knee behind your hip as much as possible) with your foot to the back. Kind of like a half a swastika. The idea is to get that side foot and knee off the ground and pulse while keeping your body as upright as possible.

ETA - the video clip Collage has of Designer Sculpting shows the pretzel

Thanks for the clip info, I checked it out. Oh yes, that one is a Killer! Those little pulsey things just always set my muscles on FIRE!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 12:58 PM  
BalleRina

I just did Tracey Mallet's Renew You Sleek & Lean workout for the first time this morning and wanted to resurrect this thread to point out that she includes a pretty killer pretzel variation!

BalleRina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 01:36 PM  
suegy3

Super Callanetics also has it.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 02:10 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalleRina
I just did Tracey Mallet's Renew You Sleek & Lean workout for the first time this morning and wanted to resurrect this thread to point out that she includes a pretty killer pretzel variation!
Oh no! I have been able to resist buying this one so far but I think you just pushed me over the edge with this comment. Bad BalleRina!!

I recently started holding on to my Fluidity barre when doing the pretzel and I find it SO much harder this way (as opposed to having my hands on the floor). Anyone noticed this too?
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 02:32 PM  
BalleRina

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie
I recently started holding on to my Fluidity barre when doing the pretzel and I find it SO much harder this way (as opposed to having my hands on the floor). Anyone noticed this too?
I think the same thing whenever I do the Fluidity advanced workout! Is it because it forces your upper body to stay more upright instead of sinking down into your shoulders or elbows?

Regarding Sleek & Lean, it isn't an instant favorite for me but I'll keep it because the Ballet Barre segment is pretty good and I really like the Abs & Buns segment (each segment is about 13 minutes). There's a Power Yoga segment in between those two segments which ruins the flow for me. The DVD is chaptered so when I do the entire workout, I'll probably do the warm up, power yoga, abs & buns and then the upper body segment. It's chaptered so this should be a really easy thing to do.

Final verdict: at only $6.59 (and free shipping!) from deepdiscount, it's worth a shot!

BalleRina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 03:48 PM  
Missiscipi

LOL my leg is like a fish flopping out of water when I try to do the pretzel. I have been doing it a couple times a week with IBallet and with Squeeze and it isn't getting any better for me. I really don't feel anything either - except like a fool!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 04:02 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Rozy - I feel like that sometimes, but that's when I realize I just have to adjust or something until the right muscles 'catch'.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 04:29 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

OK, peri-meno brain here! I have forgotten what the pretzel is, and in this very thread I have evidently seen a clip, but the only clip I see linked here brings me to a main page of Squeeze, which has no clip on it. Where did I see the clip of "the pretzel"

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pretzel