Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-09, 08:15 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Donna, I asked where you were located because I would offer to sell you my Cardio Barre inexpensively if you were near NYC. It's a great barre but I have a wall-mounted one so don't need it anymore.

Good luck with your choice. You can't go wrong - they're all good.
Thanks Lucky Star - I'm afraid it would be a long drive from Buffalo. thanks to everyone for their responses. I haven't made a decision yet.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 07:52 AM  
LauraBella

Donna Dearest~

I just posted back to you at Collage.

The Fluidity barre is the only one I know. I can say that if you want to do the actual fluidity workouts, you will need that barre, bc of the way they ask you to sit under it and pull up.

Some pros:
Well made
Somewhat cute (as opposed to a homemade one)
Adjustable to many heights
I love that it has a comfortable wooden barre
It will TOTaLLY hold your weight if you ever need it to do that (if)

Cons:
Cost (I was lucky, mine is a gift)
Only has one side you can work from, so you'll wind up doing some dvds--like element or squeeze---facing to the side OR moving the barre itself).
The matt segements itself annoyingly where you want to stand (just don't use the matt to avoid this)
If you need to move it a lot, it's a little awkward (corners, in particular)

You CAN google instructions for making your own from PVC or metal pipe. Some people sell these homemade ones on ebay. They don't look hard to do, actually. And Lowe's or Home Depot will cut the lengths for you. You could paint them to match your room!!!

You deserve a barre, get one you love!

HTH,
your enabling friend,
Laura
LauraBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 08:38 AM  
Scorpio6

Recommend Cardio Barre

Hi there,
I just started a workout group called Barre Workouts, it seems like people interested in that are all over the forum. Anyway, I personally own the portable barre sold by Cardio Barre and have been very happy with it. I live in a small house and am able to keep the barre assembled at all times, because it's about a foot shorter than the shortest one I was able to find anywhere else. All the other barres are 5 feet long, this one is 4 feet. The barre has been sturdy enough for anything I wanted to do. Hope this helps. Have a good day!
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 11:11 AM  
adrien_73

I have an older mode of the Fluidity barre, and I regret my purchase. It's big, heavy & awkward to move. It wobbles back & forth on the floor a bit, and if you slide on the bar it will come right out of the bracket that holds it in place. It serves its purpose but for the price, I expected perfection! (or close to it at least!) I wanted to sell it and get a cardio barre, but it doesn't seem worth while since I already have all of the CB dvds. (THe package price is the best deal.)

I know most people love theirs, and I may have gotten a dud. When I called them to voice my concerns, they said that the bar is now screwed into place so at least that has been improved. It was several years after I purchased it, so they weren't very concerned.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 11:30 AM  
ellens2

I'm interested in hearing more about these other bars. Reviews I've heard in the past on the Fluidity is that it's no good for someone tall (ie 5'9" or above). Do any of these other bars solve that problem?
Old 09-14-09, 01:15 PM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

Donna,

check the Craigs List in Buffalo. I also live in Buffalo and recently had my Fluidity Bar listed - its gone now -but there might be others. I now have a wall mounted barre - part of my yoga rope wall, which is the bomb.

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 01:23 PM  
amazondotmom

I'm 5'11" and I wish the Fluidity Bar went up a bit higher. I still like it and have been frequently using it with my Bar Method DVDs, I just wish it was taller.
amazondotmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-09, 04:44 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
Hi there,
I just started a workout group called Barre Workouts, it seems like people interested in that are all over the forum. Anyway, I personally own the portable barre sold by Cardio Barre and have been very happy with it. I live in a small house and am able to keep the barre assembled at all times, because it's about a foot shorter than the shortest one I was able to find anywhere else. All the other barres are 5 feet long, this one is 4 feet. The barre has been sturdy enough for anything I wanted to do. Hope this helps. Have a good day!
Thank you Scorpio6. Does the height of the bar adjust? I see this one only weighs 13 pounds, a plus, as long as it is sturdy.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-09, 06:35 PM  
PhyllisG

I am thinking that the CardioBarre might be the way to go. It seems light weight and portable. The Fluidity bar looks big and heavy. I would not want to leave that set up all the time in my w/o space which also happens to be our office. Right now I guess I am sticking with the chair.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-09, 08:05 PM  
spstout

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

I am considering this one because it has a wooden barre. The Health Mark one does not appear to have a wooden barre. I believe it may be metal and I am not sure I would like the feel of that.
spstout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre