Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 07-25-04, 06:27 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksleeth
I have been voting for one workout for each category (step, strength, etc.) but I've noticed a lot of people are voting for more than one workout and also voting for workouts that have been created in the past 2 years (I thought the w/o had to be at least 2 years old). So, I get the impression there are really no hard and fast rules? Am I missing something??
Kim - I'm not in a position to set rules. I just started the voting to get this thing rolling. There are guidelines for the type of video to nominate but they're not hard and fast. I am tabulating every vote. So if there is more than one video that you believe to be HofF material mark it down. Do so, though, in a new post because I'm not going back through old posts for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelfling
What about a Hall Of Fame Celebrity Workout Video category? Where else would we feel comfortable voting for Claudia Schiffer or Regis Philbin?

I'd also like to see a Most Fun category but I think Nat already has enough to do!

I think a Beginner's category is a great idea.

WWWendy, I'm glad your husband is okay!
ATB,
- Lisa
Lisa - Hopefully, a committee will be formed to create more order in the process. At that point, I think it is in their hands to decide if there should be more categories. For now, I'd put Celebrity workouts in Other which gets further broken down into different categories on that page. Hopefully the HofF workouts are the most fun Also I agree that the Beginners workout category is going to be great. I'm going to try to post more on that next week (with WWWendy's help ).

Nat
Old 07-25-04, 06:57 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare*
I know it should not bother me, but including "stretch" with yoga just seems wrong.
That one bothers me too Clare -- although flexibility is an important part of yoga, strength is certainly just as important. So, one could argue that you could just as easily call the category yoga and strength.

I'm not even stepping into the cardio/with weights mess.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
Old 07-25-04, 07:20 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Hi again

I'm still gathering my thoughts on this, but I wanted to say that at this point all we are really doing is nominating videos that seem to fit the Hall of Fame criteria well. If you can think of one video in a category that you feel fits the criteria, post it, if you can think of more than one that you feel are truly Hall of Famers, nominate more than one.

Perhaps gathering all the nominated titles will help make some of the category divisions more clear. Or maybe not!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 10-25-04, 07:04 AM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare*
Are we also doing speciality categories? Like Pilates, Athletic Stretch (as opposed to yoga), or Ball workouts? How about Rebounding? I also really think we need a AWT (Aerobic Weight Training) category and a Circuit Training category.
I'd add Tai Chi also.

Tags
vf hall of fame