Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-07-13, 09:55 AM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Biggest Loser...Jillian's back!

Is there a BL thread for the new season? I watched it last night and really liked Jillian. I've not ever watched previous seasons, but scheduled this one on my dvr.
Old 01-07-13, 10:17 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Spoiler alert!

Spoiler alert! If you have it dvr'd you might want to skip my response below.

Yikes, I thought she came back "too strong" last night. It felt like she was "bullying" her team more than Dolvett or Bob which was kind of hard to watch. And the young lady that walked off the show was not a good fit with her method of "@ss kicking" training. I wish Bob had gone out and talked to her and maybe swapped a team member with Jillian for her. I felt like they didn't do enough to keep her at the ranch.

Other than that, the kids are cute and made the show entertaining. I also felt bad for TC because he really wanted to be there.

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 01-07-13, 10:21 AM  
mle777

More Spoilers

I thought it was interesting that she came back so strong, yet her team lost the weigh-in, even with a 5 pound advantage. Maybe occasionally, slow and steady is the better method

3x Tough Mudder
Old 01-07-13, 10:29 AM  
Irisg1

I stopped watching last year and didn't think I'd be watching this season, but my daughter wanted to watch since Jillian's back. I wasn't crazy about it, and don't think I will continue to watch. At least not consistently. It just really bothered me when they sent TC home, because he was soo excited with his 15 lb. loss, but then others lost over 20. I know it's fair and much better than the popularity contest last year, but none-the-less it still bothers me to see people that are really trying get cut.
Old 01-07-13, 10:45 AM  
dela

I still wish they would let everyone stay on for 2 weeks before voting anyone off, I feel it would give people a better head start before they have to go home.

I only watched because Jillian is back, and I'm glad for the show she is, but I completely agree, she was too over the top for the first workout, and if you noticed at the end of the workout, the blue and red teams were high fiving each other and kind of had a "team" attitude like they "got through it together", while the white team looked beat down and defeated.

I also felt that since that girl went home anyway, they could have just let TC stay another week as well, and it could have stayed dramatic, where they waited until the very end to let him know he got a pass or something.

I the 3 teens on the show, their personalities and attitudes are exceptional. I think seeing them pop in and out will be my favorite part of the show this year.
Old 01-07-13, 11:47 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
I still wish they would let everyone stay on for 2 weeks before voting anyone off, I feel it would give people a better head start before they have to go home.

I only watched because Jillian is back, and I'm glad for the show she is, but I completely agree, she was too over the top for the first workout, and if you noticed at the end of the workout, the blue and red teams were high fiving each other and kind of had a "team" attitude like they "got through it together", while the white team looked beat down and defeated.

I also felt that since that girl went home anyway, they could have just let TC stay another week as well, and it could have stayed dramatic, where they waited until the very end to let him know he got a pass or something.

I the 3 teens on the show, their personalities and attitudes are exceptional. I think seeing them pop in and out will be my favorite part of the show this year.
ITA especially the part where they could have let TC stay since the girl on their team left anyway. Glad he did well at home. I think that's what he really wanted anyway so that he could succeed for his son. His story made me cry (I cry easily for these types of stories).
Old 01-07-13, 12:02 PM  
firmiewannabe

I agree with everyone re the idea that they could have let TC stay since the lady from his team went home.

Jillian.....what can I say last night sort of made me think back to why I really didn't miss her last season....her screetching hit new heights last night. I sort of hoped one of her team would have puked on her....

I DO like that this season is back to individuals not couples. I never liked how the couples too easily ganged up on other couples. Individuals makes it more even IMO.
Old 01-07-13, 12:05 PM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post

Yes!!! Give them a chance before you give them the boot, but the producers like drama. I find it gets old and that has kept me from watching the past few seasons. I still wish they hadn't sent anyone home this week since that girl left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
And the young lady that walked off the show was not a good fit with her method of "@ss kicking" training. I wish Bob had gone out and talked to her and maybe swapped a team member with Jillian for her. I felt like they didn't do enough to keep her at the ranch.
Yep. Think of all the people in the audience that didn't make it on the show. This girl makes it yet they let her walk away too easily, imo.

More random thoughts:
  • Jillian was just too much.
  • I felt bad for TC but hope he can keep up the good work at home.
  • Liking the 3 kids on the show. Hope they do well!
Old 01-07-13, 12:40 PM  
GotToBeFit

More spoiler alerts.....

I haven't watched a season in a long time. I watched because Jill was back and there are new people running the show. I don't think she was too much because where would that have left the contestant if she coddled when they fell down. The guy that was voted off I did feel bad cause he just discovered his fire. However, he took that feeling with him and continued on. If she had not pushed him he would not have discovered what he was capable of. The lady that voluntarily left annoyed me cause even when jill was working with someone else she was standing on the equipment just looking around. I find it odd that she didn't think this would happen to her on the show.

I was thoroughly entertained and will continue to watch.
Old 01-07-13, 01:35 PM  
hulabug1

I would have to agree with GotToBeFit. I love Jillian and I'm so glad she's back on the show! I'll definitely be watching this season

Tags
2013, biggest loser