Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-02-09, 02:36 PM  
alisoncooks

Buying T-Tapp on ebay? Beware.

I recently bought the Total workout on ebay only to find that it was a DVD-r (with a home printed label.)

One word: bootlegger.

This indiv is selling more copies. I haven't made up my mind what I should do (don't want to be a snitch, but leaning toward reporting them). At my request, they did refund my $. However, if you are in the market for T-Tapp but don't want to get ripped, PM me and I can tell you WHO NOT to buy from.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 03:06 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I recently bought the Total workout on ebay only to find that it was a DVD-r (with a home printed label.)

One word: bootlegger.

This indiv is selling more copies. I haven't made up my mind what I should do (don't want to be a snitch, but leaning toward reporting them). At my request, they did refund my $. However, if you are in the market for T-Tapp but don't want to get ripped, PM me and I can tell you WHO NOT to buy from.
The early editions of Total as well as some others were DVD-R. I think some still are (not Total, though).
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 03:07 PM  
alisoncooks

I considered that, but the label printed on the disc is clearly of a poorer quality than the Basic Workout Plus that I just received in a trade.

And the seller refunded my $$ within 20 minutes and asked that I just leave no feedback.

Take that as you will...
Old 11-02-09, 03:26 PM  
CharM

"don't want to be a snitch"? What are we, 12? lol Why wouldn't you want to let ebay and others know the person is selling bootlegs? Wouldn't you have liked to have had that info when making the decision to purchase?

ETA: Thanks for bringing it up here and making people aware of yet another bootlegger. sheesh, I guess there are some for just about every dvd out there.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 04:23 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

You might want to report him/her to Teresa if you do believe it's a bootleg. Do you still have the return address it was shipped from? If it's a bootleg, she could start whatever legal processes are necessary.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 05:40 PM  
keilan00

I've purchase a dvd from Teresa Tapp directly and it was a DVD-r. It was in a cheapie CD case, too.

Can you take a picture of the "bootleg" dvd so we know what to look for? You could show the picture to Teresa she may have the ability to confirm your thoughts.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 05:48 PM  
Pippa

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
I've purchase a dvd from Teresa Tapp directly and it was a DVD-r. It was in a cheapie CD case, too.
Yes, me too! In fact, I think I have 3-4 T-Tapp's that are DVD-R and in CD cases(as opposed to regular DVD cases) all purchased directly from Teresa.
Old 11-02-09, 06:07 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
"don't want to be a snitch"? What are we, 12? lol Why wouldn't you want to let ebay and others know the person is selling bootlegs? Wouldn't you have liked to have had that info when making the decision to purchase?

ETA: Thanks for bringing it up here and making people aware of yet another bootlegger. sheesh, I guess there are some for just about every dvd out there.
LOL, I know. Which is why I feel compelled to let the proper people aware of this and take care of it.

Mainly, when I compared the labels, the "real" one from T-tapp has a nice crisp picture. The other looks a bit "digital" like it was blown up a little and then the quality is rougher (it has a bit more of a texture than my "real" one.) Came in a paper sleeve (no case)--wasn't even shipped in a bubble mailer...just an envelope.
Old 11-02-09, 08:12 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S. View Post
You might want to report him/her to Teresa if you do believe it's a bootleg. Do you still have the return address it was shipped from? If it's a bootleg, she could start whatever legal processes are necessary.
I think that's the best course of action to take.

The unfortunate thing is that, if you post negative feedback and state that the seller sold you a pirated DVD, that seller will probably just stop selling under that username and open a new account with a new name -- and keep selling their bootlegs. (Ask me how I know... )

Susan
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-09, 11:12 PM  
tigerbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippa View Post
Yes, me too! In fact, I think I have 3-4 T-Tapp's that are DVD-R and in CD cases(as opposed to regular DVD cases) all purchased directly from Teresa.
Same here. I just took a count and have 8 T-Tapp workouts that are DVD-R and came in cheap CD cases which I purchased directly from Teresa.