Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-27-20, 10:16 AM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts ~SEPTEMBER 2020~*Everyone Welcome!*

September, 2020

Just taking it day by day this month and doing what I feel. A little more focus on strength is what I'd like to achieve.

31- KCM 30 MTF Strength & Stamina (Step Bonus); Upper Body (Upper & Swings Premix); KCM 30 MTF Strong & Lean (Workout 1 (Weights); stretch
1- Level Up (Strength) Got the whole 60+ min. in before the baby woke. It's like she knows! :0) These make me feel so accomplished and this one is so good for strengthening posture work. It seems I dread the 60 min. length but once I get into it, it just seems to fly by and I feel so good afterward!
2- My Cathe-like w/u(=7 min.); Beast Tempo (Chest/Triceps); stretch I thought I'd try these again as the pace is so slow and I didn't like them much when I first got them. I really liked it more today - even using the same weights as before (10's/12's/15's) but matching Sagi's tempo. It's hard to go so heavy at his pace and I did have to drop to 12# for the k/b's for the last 8 reps. After all those dips, and at the k/b angle, it got tough!! Great workout, my arms are still trembling, and I was in the FB zone for 51 min. of the workout!!! Just can't beat Beast....so nice to w/o with Sagi again, too!
3- My Cathe-like w/u(=12 min.); P90X3 (MMA); RIPT90FIT (Lung Burner-1 Round); Stretch Another goodie revealed from collecting dust! I think when I first got P90X3, I don't think I got thru the whole MMA workout....FF 2 years later, and I really liked it!! Go figure. I used my 8" step to put my hands on for all the sprawls (squat thrusts), and did the MMA moves followed by squat thrusts or butt kicks when the combo was too fast for me to keep good form. My HR was up throughout the whole workout. It was sooo nice to see some good MMA form and to really power up the moves. OTOH, I only managed 1 round of Lung Burner, haha. This is all drills and I just wasn't feeling it and thought I had enough cardio for today. Oddly enough, I was in the FB zone for 33 min. Shocker, but I will take it!
4- Yvette Bachman 30 Minutes of Fat Burning Cardio Kickboxing; Heather Robertson Pilates Fusion//Full Body HiiT Workout (35 min.) Yvette's class was really a FUN k/b workout with no equipment but weighted gloves. A goodie to get in some short, endurance type cardio without going all out and it seemed her music was better. Heather's class was great too with a :40/:10 HiiT format with 2 circuits, repeating each round once. Now this is how I LOVE to do pilates!!! That bear crawl kick, though, was brutal!! Great sweaty workout today! ETA: 1.5 hours of yard work (after my 1.5 hours of shopping!). Everything fit!!! (cause you can’t use the fitting rooms). Felt so good to shop again!! Last time was July 4th weekend at outlet malls. I made up for it. :0)
5- My Cathe-like w/u(=6 min.); Beast Tempo (Back & Bi's); stretch; 3.0 mile walk; stretch Another great strength workout that I liked better this time around. Those all-angle biceps were hard at the end! I used my plate-mates for the pull-overs which got really hard with the slow tempos!! Beautiful day for a walk! I got too close to the grass/ditch while walking on the access road and got bombarded with grasshoppers!! Jeesh, they were everywhere! That helped me walk faster, LOL. 603 cal burn today!
6- Rest day Winsor B&T

7- RwH Plyo HiiT 2; RwH LIHI Legs (Premix 1 = All Strength); Bonus Abs 1; stretch=61 min. I used my topper for HiiT and it was juusssttt right! I pretty much matched Cathe's weights for Legs but I used my topper to place the DB on to pick up/put down during the sumos and LOL'd when Cathe mentions that she wishes she had her platform there to put the weights on! *I do, Cath, and it works great!* Once again, I am baffled why these ab workouts are so easy in this series when everything else is a challenge (for me, anyway)?? But it felt GREAT to be able to get thru these workouts again esp. back to back!! 396 cal burn...31 min. in FB zone.
8 - P90X3 (Total Synergistics); Kathy Smith (The Rules of Fat Burning Compilation (Functional Fitness); Cardio Fat Burner (stretch)( Dust bunny extravaganza!! I was wanting some bodyweight/yoga focus and this was a perfect choice. That last exercise (Warrior 3 into 1/2 moon) repeated to the end was still tough but not as tough as last time I did this one (due to all my frequent yoga, I'm sure). Really enjoyed working out with Tony and the time flew by. I wanted some steady state cardio today too, and Kathy's was a good choice as well. I mute her and blast my music....but I can't do a Kathy workout and not include her 8 min. CFB stretch, though, as that was an absolute FAVORITE quick stretch for many years, as well as her CFB cardio which I need to do again too! Wow, nostalgia reigns! :0)
9 - Dressed Up Drills (Best Dressed Cardio/stretch); Reach (Standing work & Stretch) Beast Shoulders & Arms was on the rotation today but I've had neck/upper back DOMS for a few days now (certainly not from Beast Back & Bi's still??), so I did some dust bunnies again instead. Note to self: don't start at the finished combos for DUD when you haven't done it for eons. It seemed when I finally got the combos down, it was time to move on. Oh well, still fun! And I dusted off the cobwebs from Reach. It's been ages! The standing work is always such a great balance challenge and the balance challenge at the end of the stretch was always so hard for me, but today, it was a piece of cake!! Improvement from all the yoga over the course of the years, no doubt. Nostalgia reigns again!!//Today is my parents' 66th anniversary. The couple hours I was over there at their place, they received a beautiful bouquet of red roses w/ baby's breath, AND a beautiful Fall flower assortment of sunflowers, etc. Just gorgeous! (We already celebrated with my family on Monday).... I'm hoping my DH and I will celebrate our 66th one day and still be as happy as they are! <3
10- Yvette Bachman 30 Min. Shoulder & Ab Workout; Beast Bulk Arms (no w/u=36 min.); UB stretch My upper back/shoulder DOMS subsided so thought I'd continue with Shoulder, Bi's & Tri's work (to make my shoulders sore once again, ha)! LOVED Yvette's class which is circuit-style doing shoulder work then to the floor for ab work. I really didn't mind the up/down factor as it seemed to give it a cardio effect and me a break from working shoulders! Bulk Arms is a favorite Beast workout of mine, so this was a great add-on. Love Progressive Sets and wish more weight workouts included that style. My arms are FRIED and this was a strength combo I need to remember as I was not feeling Beast Shoulders today, and Yvette's was a fun substitute which included abs as well!!
11- 2.20 mile walk pushing the baby until it started misting; Yoga Short & Sweet #1
12- KCM BoxFit (Combos with Back, Tris, Bis, Shoulders & Chest - but my own premix of all the k/b combos with 2 sets of just Back, Shoulders - rear delt flyes mostly), & Chest (2 sets each); UB stretch Also, in making it "my own premix", I added in filler moves in place of some of Kelly's cardio.. i.e. jumping toward the TV (afraid I was going to punch the TV!) and running back, I did the UB combo as shown with all scissor moves (in place) and on another combo, I did 4 sets of running step ups on my 8" step for the duration of her move. My HR stayed up for most of the workout and the k/b combos seemed so fun today! I didn't even mind the bell as it's not as prevalent in this premix! (Actually the music was pretty soft). I used 15's for back & chest & 8's for shoulders and had to take a break between the chest sets at the end! I knew to count the reps, as they were uneven for the 1 arm work ; & today I did both arms for chest work. (This premix also includes ab work, which isn't listed in the premix description), equaled 46 min. which was fine--her premix equals around 53 min., IIRC), and I got my missing muscle groups in this week while having fun with my modifications!! 351 cal burn
13- Yvette Bachman HiiT/Step w/ KB & Heavy Weights (35 min. of 66 min.); stretch; 1.25 hours of Mow Max/Yard Work This one is so fun; I used a 6" step, 10-15# KB; 12-15# weights for the HiiT work. I stopped at 36 min. mark when she starts the weights...I just wanted some fun cardio and this :30/:10 format is super fun using the step! The A/C isn't running in my basement b/c it's been cool out, so I was one SWEATY woman!! 316 calorie burn.

14- 3.06 mile walk; 2.56 mile walk (both times pushing baby); Michelle's Yin Yoga stretches The second walk I was trying to get the baby to go to sleep since she woke early from her nap. No dice. :/ Thankfully, she was still a very good girl!
15- Five Parks Yoga (Active Hip Opening Hold & Flow Yoga Class (55 min.) Great hip opener, but I did have to modify a couple poses for my hips that didn't feel right. Loved the standing hip openers while balancing into the next pose! This is filmed ocean side and had a beautiful feel. (I did have to do this in two parts for the baby's nap times. Still a goodie!).
16- Cathe Fit Tower Boot Camp; Inner Dimension TV (IDT) Chill Out -Travis (20 min.); IDT Embracing Imperfection: 7 Day Meditation Series/Day 1 (14 min.) I bought this Cathe dvd from Mary's sale. I used my JS barre and it worked just fine. I'm glad to have an easier workout in my collection, but I didn't think it was all that fun (and Cathe annoyed me with her incessant talking!). (Probably due mostly to my mood & the barre work...) I took advantage of the HUGE sale at IDT - Yay! I thought I read somewhere that the 50% off is only for new customers, but being a previous subscriber, it worked, so I got a whole year for $60! Now I can try out some of the programs I didn't buy, but LOL, I have most of them! By skimming the site, it doesn't seem like they got a whole lot of new material since I put it on hold in '18. I liked Travis' class but when I think of a "chill class", I prefer all done on the mat...this was 10 min. standing/10 min. mat work; the standing poses made it a great back bend class, though. I am also going to try to do the 7 day meditation challenge... yep, we'll see. ;0)
17- IDT Day 2 of meditation challenge; X-10 (w/u); Heather Robertson (Full Body KB workout//At Home HiiT (34 min.); HR KB Tabata (12 min.); IDT (Power Yoga Blaze #3 - 34 min.) Got the meditation thing out of the way while drinking my coffee first thing (no closing eyes though)! I had such a FUN workout today...Loved BOTH of Heather's workouts; the Full Body had a :40/:20 format and I liked all the exercises done for 3 sets thru. That Ninja exercise was modified by putting my hands on the step; jumping back into squat thrust then picking up KB to do the UB move while in a deep squat. (Holding onto the KB while jumping back to squat thrust hurt my hands too much!) I used a 10# KB for the snatches (since the 10#'er didn't bonk my watch!), then 15# KB for the rest. I really liked the Tabata class with a :20/:10 format which breezed right thru and was a great finisher! I used a 15# KB for all...(I like Heather's form for swings better than Yvette's!), and both of these classes work the core oh, so well! 401 cal burn. Since I had extra time this morning, I added on an IDT class...OK, this was THE BEST class ever!! PERFECTION...just the right amount of challenge, balance, posture work, flexibility...it was PERFECT!! Favorited! I did skip 5 min. of the w/u and started in chair pose (at 5 min. mark). Lots of twisting 1/2 moons, so I was in heaven! Music playing in background was so nice, as well as Travis moving right along....and no stories!! Fantastic workout all around and ended with a 569 cal burn!
18- IDT Day 3 Meditation; KCM 30MTF Sculpting Rx (Workout 1 & 2 Combined=60 min.); Mow Max/Yard Work (2 hours) This Kelly was another dvd I bought during Mary's sale. And, I think I truly found my favorite Kelly DVD!!! I really liked Workout 1 which uses heavy weights w/ supersets and 10 reps for all but as usual, Legs are worked very little. My UB was fried, however, and as one complaint I had is that Kelly never stretches the muscles after they're worked, so I had to pause after the skull crushers/flyes, as my arms were almost cramping! I used 5's, 12's, 15's, and 20's, LOL....I had a whole variety since I didn't know what to expect. There was only one back exercise that was a little iffy for me: sitting on the step with your DB's sitting by your feet on their ends, then picking them up bringing elbows up & back. At that angle, I found that move a little iffy. But other than that, I really liked the creativity; I knew to play my own music, and best of all, Kelly's cueing was great!!!//On to Workout 2: I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this one!! Loved the combination moves of working upper and lower at the same time with cardio or sculpting moves mixed in. It reminded me SO MUCH of a Slim Series workout!! Some of the moves are very similar and with the standing core work as well. I even loved the floor core work at the end and in one exercise, how you're working your obliques while one leg bent in front in a psoas stretch. Loved that! I used 5's & 8's for the standing work and really thought Kelly was super creative in both these workouts. I'm so glad I have an updated Slim Series-like workout again, but getting it all done in 30 minutes! Kelly's cueing was good in this one too!!! A+ Kelly!!! <3
19- IDT Day 4 Meditation; Yvette Bachman Cardio Kickboxing BOSU Workout (64 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga One of my favorite Yvette workouts, this one doesn't include a whole lot of high impact moves, yet the "recovery" & lower impact moves sure sneak up on you! And when you're using a BOSU, you automatically get a great leg workout! In addition, the FW band and the ankle weights (mine were 2.6# each) working the legs at the end is just icing on the legs front. I need to watch my kicking form in this, though, as the classes' form (as well as Yvette's) isn't the best. During the "sit-n-stands" i.e. laying over the BOSU then standing up (and sometimes jumping), I finally found a good way to modify those: laying over BOSU, then putting palms on floor with straight legs. Still works legs/core but without the impact and was more joint friendly. I LOVE this one so much--it is SO MUCH FUN and feel so accomplished afterward. 426 cal burn. Nothing better than a Yvette class to start the week and end the week with! :0)
20- IDT Day 5 Meditation; IDT Flexibility & Beyond (Yin Yoga-Hips); 60 min. just seems SO long during a yin practice....I have to get used to Travis' stories again--aack! His long yin classes are just not my cuppa, although I can tolerate the Y30For30 Yin. I did the Meditation today during Shavasana which was nice.

21- IDT Day 6 Meditation; Cathe Live PHA 2020 (#278); IDT Calm (Lauren - 30 min.) LOVE this Live so much and always get a great strength workout that flies by. I used 10's-40# (2 20's for D/L's). It felt great to revisit this one! Lauren's class I already had 'favorited' when I subscribed before...and it's still a goodie!! It includes legs up the wall at the end--I was so relaxed I didn't think I could clean the house after that!
22- IDT Day 7 Meditation (made it!); 22 Min. Angie FitTv muted walk that turned into an AMD walk listening & moving to my music!; IDT Combination Class (Uplifted - Brittany-32 min.) I made it thru a WHOLE week of meditation - woo hoo! Signing up for IDT may be worth the $60 alone knowing I CAN do it, haha!! Having an early hair appt, I didn't workout until around 11:00. I started Angie's workout but it turned lame and I didn't want to listen any longer (ya, one of my moods! I blame the later workout time), so I listened to my music and just moved doing some of her moves ramped up or my own thing. Turned out good and I thought I would venture out and try a different IDT instructor besides Travis & Lauren. Brittany is very animated (she wasn't THAT animated during her meditation, LOL) and I wasn't sure if I would finish it, but kept going and once I got used to her and figured that the class was indeed, superb, I continued on and really enjoyed it--it includes power yoga, balance, & flow. Loved the energy this one radiates!
23- IDT Meditation (Lauren-10 min.); KCM Sculpting Rx (Workout 2 2x (minus abs) =42 min.); IDT Combination (The ABC's - Mychal= 32 min.) Can't believe I did a meditation after completing the challenge!! Progress! I LOVED Kelly's workout done twice! I used 5's & 8's again, and my HR was up for most of the workout. On the 2nd time around, I used all 8's until the last shoulder/tricep combo then picked up 8's again for the curtsy lunge/shoulder press/standing tricep combo. It's funny, my wonky shoulders don't mind these moves (except for the last shoulder sequence and I had to go lighter). My arms were toast! And Mychal's class didn't help as it had an arm balance and core focus. This was a really nice flow with strength focus and ends with pigeon to stretch out the LB as well. I liked Mychal; he has a great voice but I did have to look at the screen a few times...he's no Travis yet, but he's still young. ;0) 438 cal burn today.
24- IDT Meditation (Lauren); 5K walk (43 min. 485 cal.); 2.75 hours working in DS' flower beds; IDT Deep Sleep (Sweet Stroll-Travis=48 min.) Beautiful day! While this Gentle IDT class made me feel SO good and stretched, it's kind of a long one to do before bed, IMHO, but I see there's another 45 min. and even a 60 min. one included in this series. This class also has a "Part 2" which is a 20 min. meditation (which I will save for tomorrow). I did this class in the afternoon after being on my feet (or knees!) all morning during my walk & working in flower beds and it felt HEAVENLY! Now I'm afraid I need a nap, LOL!
25- IDT Meditation (Lauren); Yvette Bachman Moderate Impact Step/Multiple Muscle Group Training (60 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga; Mow Max/Yard Work - 1.5 hours I did a different meditation than what I said yesterday...it was just too sleep inducing and since I just rolled out of bed (after feeding my kitty!), I've been wanting something to help start my day. Nor did I end up taking a nap...too much laundry to get done. :0) Anyway, Yvette's class was SUPER fun as always...may be one of my top 5's. I used a 6" step, 5's, 10's, & 12's, and 15-25# KB's. It did seem easier this time around and I found myself putting down my 5's and grabbing my 10's a few times. It was plenty, though, for me today and how in the heck I preceded this workout with a Cathe Live BC workout the first time I did it last year, is beyond me! I love how Yvette finds so many fun athletic moves using the step! I searched thru the IDT site for just a 10-15 min. post-workout stretch and it didn't bring up anything. Sigh. If you guys come across one, please post! Great workout today! 485 cal burn
26- IDT Meditation (Travis); IDT Power Yoga Blaze #2 -33 min. (Travis) This class was nice too and even seemed a little harder than #3! It could just be the sequence. Lots of chair twists, humble warrior, tree in side plank, awkward airplane, locust, & standing splits, just to name a few. Coming up into Warrior 3 from the mat....my knees do NOT like that transition, esp. my L knee! Ends with core work on the mat, hip twists, etc. It also wasn't helping that my acid reflux was acting up this morning! :/ I usually do a workout before the yoga class and things have time to settle....Still feel very good & stretched and I actually had a VERY productive morning!! :0)
27- IDT Meditation (Dana); IDT Restorative Yoga For Hormonal Balance (Lauren - 30 min.) This was fantastic - uses a bolster and 2 blocks. Super relaxing...Mychal is in this class (so evidently, it is a practice intended for everyone!)

28- IDT Meditation (Lauren); KCM 30 MTF Strong & Lean (Workout 1; Workout 2) I needed a short meditation this morning before the baby got here, so this one worked well (5 min.). Not sure how long baby would sleep, I was just planning on Kelly's Workout 1 (Strength). She kept sleeping, so I thought I'd start her Workout 2 (Lean). I got thru it all and even stretched before baby woke. Felt so good! Kelly doesn't have a premix to do the workouts like this...I liked it! But I do have to stretch before I start triceps...why doesn't she ever stretch the muscles? So I take breaks to do that. And today, I just used weights, no barbell. 362 cal burn. Nice. ETA: 2.55 mile walk pushing baby in stroller and hallelujah, she stayed asleep when I stopped the stroller! :0)
29- IDT Meditation (Travis - from his Level Up program...a goodie!); LITE Body Weights & Band (Calorie Crush); LITE Cardio Party (just the hi/lo segments-no w/u, k/b or blasts=20 min.); IDT Leg Strength & Stretch (Brent) I just wanted some short cardio that focused on legs...I forgot how many jump variations are in the BW&B CCrush!! (Too many!) But works legs (w/ FW band) really well. I hadn't done Cardio Party since is came out last year! It was fun to revisit just doing the choreographed part and not the whole thing. Brent's class was HARD! It seemed more like a calisthenics class than a yoga class. No yoga postures, only leg (knee/hip) strengthening variations in very compromising positions. EEK! And since there were no posture titles, I had to keep looking at the screen to see what he was doing which was frustrating. A good one for leg strength, no doubt, but I won't be repeating it. This was the first IDT class that didn't excite me too much.... 440 cal burn today.
30- IDT Meditation (Travis); IDT Yang & Yin (Travis - 47 min.); 20 min. yard work LOVED this class! It is 1/2 power yoga and 1/2 yin - love that format! Nice posture work. Shoelace pose felt great...ends with spinal twists before shavasana. Favorited!

Very happy(and shocked!) that I completed 1/2 of the month with meditations every morning! Hope to keep that up in October. ��
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 10:49 AM  
Luv2WO

Here!

1. Barre3 Strength Conditioning with Andrew - 30 min, TBL 21 DOP Abs, PBL 5 Min More Stretch, 30 minute walk.
2. TBL 25 Minute Tone, New Year's Pilates Ball workout, PBL Lake Como Upper Body
3. TBL Fun Pilates Flow, PBL New You Strong and Supple Leg workout
4. YELLOWSTONE - PBL Instant Butt Lift, Abs of Steel workout, TBL Stretch and Relax
5. YELLOWSTONE
6. YELLOWSTONE

Pilates by Lisa Spring Into Summer Challenge

7. YELLOWSTONE - PBL Adore Your Core Strong Back, Spring Into Summer Leg Sculpt
8. PBL Spring Into Summer Defined Arms, No Frills workout, TBL Playful Pilates, Essentrics PM Stretch
9. PBL Spring Into Summer Core with More, Graceful Flow Stretching Routine, TBL 5 Day Jumpstart Full Body
10. PBL Spring Into Summer Standing Routine, Strength and Stability Shouler Workout, TBL Fun Pilates Flow, 30 min walk
11. PBL Spring Into Summer Side Slimmer, Strong and Defined Core, TBL Moving Meditation
12. PBL Spring Into Summer Posture Plus, Fast and Firm Butt workout
13. PBL Resistance Plus Posture Workout, Spring Into Summer Stretch and Release
14. PBL Spring Into Summer Shapely Legs, Everyday Essentials Classic Abs, TBL Pilates Strong Day 1, BB Daily Dance Stretch,
15. PBL SIS Core with More, TBL Pilates Strong Day 2, 30 min walk, Kait Hurley Slow Flow + Let Go
16. PBL SIS Sculpted Arms, Badlands Butt, TBL Pilates Strong Day 3, Kait Hurley Stress Reliever + Breath Meditation
17. PBL SIS Back, Butt and Triceps, Adore Your Core: Lower Abs, 5 Min More Stretch, TBL Pilates Strong Day 4, Kait Hurley Chill Dynamic Stretch + 3-part Breath
18. PBL SIS Abs, Sculpt and Firm Leg Workout, TBL Day 5 Pilates Stong, 30 min walk, Kait Hurley Chill Yoga Flow + Body Scan
19. PBL Spring Into Summer Leg Fix, Everyday Essentials: Arms with Weights, 40 min walk, Travis Sleep Yin Yoga - Stars
20. PBL SIS Arms and Back, Kickstart Your Day, Kait Hurley Relaxed Stretch + Loving Kindness
21. PBL SIS Core with More, SIS Legs with Band, TBL Total Body Tone, Kait Hurley Radically Open class
22. PBL Poise and Strength Arm workout, 5 Min More Legs, TBL Feel Good Flow, 30 min walk, IDT Stars Yin Yoga
23. PBL Rapid Results, SIS Stretch and Flow, TBL Back to the Mat Arms and Abs, IDT Serenity Yin Yoga
24. PBL Beach Baby workout, Central Park Stretch, TBL Beach Barre Cardio, 30 min walk, IDT Space Yin Yoga
25. PBL SIS Core Heat, Butt Blaster Workout, TBL Bonus Back and Hip Release, IDT Renew Yin Yoga
26. PBL SIS Sculpted Arms, Total Body Sculpt Ab Workout, Essentrics Butt Toning, 40 min walk, IDT Moon Yin Yoga
27. IDT Intention Yoga with Lauren, 5 Min More Upper Body, SIS Smoothing Stretch, IDT Levity Yin Yoga
28. IDT Growth Yoga with Lauren (hurt hamstring), SIS Sculpted Arms, Everyday Essentials: The Clam
29. Essentrics Barre workout - Standing, PBL New You Abdominals and SIS Stretch and Flow, TBL Lower Body Burn,
30. PBL SIS Toned Legs, Toned in 10 Full Body, TBL Bonus Upper Back and Neck Release, IDT Sleep Well Yin Yoga
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 11:12 AM  
tangerine

❉ SEPTEMBER: ❉

Week 1:
September 1 - Barlates No Excuses Fusion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEUiOFFjBtY) This is a newer workout from Linda. I was not loving the vocals when I previewed it but figured they wouldn't be too bad during the actual workout. They weren't too bad, but I prefer quiet or instrumental music for her workouts. The workout itself is pretty barre-based, lots of relevé work. Some potential for tweaking the back in the twisting moves. I did the reps half in relevé and half flat-footed. Skipped the chair/abs part this time. This workout focuses on working the calves, quads and side body, and some abs with c-curve work at the end on the floor. I'm not sold on this one but I do feel nicely worked out - will see if I revisit. [lots of relevé, mostly standing, no handstands, wrist friendly] + some standing stretches (20m)
September 2 - Leslie 2 Mile Walk first mile (15m, 160cals) This is an older Leslie workout that has SO many more moves than just marching in place. Not sure what happened to her method that it became so same-y. + Classical Stretch Deep Flexibility (1029) All floor - very nice stretch, sat on elevation for some moves but that was not so comfortable so just used the floor for the rest.
September 3 - Barlates Quiet Quarantine Burn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGtcLEipUgE This is a KILLER workout, I had to pause the video a bunch of times to transition up and down and to redo moves sometimes if I didn't get them the first time, Linda moves fast! This workout mainly works the abs, quads, obliques, outer thigh, shoulders and arms, glutes, no inner thigh work. It alterates between standing and floor work sections. Quite a bit of glute raises/handstands and also quite a bit of work in bear plank position. Asian squats and crouching moves. Side planks. Abs are at the end. This is the only workout I've heard Linda say "I'm sorry" about a move. Usually she says "Sorry but not sorry". And at the end when you are dying from the entire workout and then the tough tough abs section she says "Yeah I'm crazy but you're doing this workout so you must be a bit cray cray too" My one criticism here is that she shows modifications late, either well into the move or sometimes when you are on the second side already - this is not usual for her. Wore my HR monitor since it was a cardio-ish workout. I will be repeating this one for sure. (60m, 482 cals)
September 4 - Barlates Target 15 Arms (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Ath57ZvWE) - ok this workout title is a straight up lie. This is not an 'arms' workout, this is an 'arms, core, thighs, glutes and cardio' workout. Lots of compound moves. First part is standing, then down on the mat and then kneeling moves. It gets the HR up pretty well. + Barlates Express Glute Bridge (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmoD1nPBNDo) One of my favorites, great fast glute burnout + stretches (~30m)
September 5 - 30m morning walk + Barlates Bodyweight Basics Mat (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C97_8RqunA) - I did not care for this one. Heavy upper body focus, mainly triceps and some chest. A lot of work in plank and down dog position. I think I tweaked both my knees in that pigeon pose move, will have to modify if I do it again. I tried elevating on a step but it was tough with all the stepping forward moves. The moves were creative and the time went by quickly. Linda's verbal instructions were not detailed enough in some of the moves, especially as you're looking away from the screen most of the time. I don't think I will be repeating this one anytime soon. [upper body focus, hard on wrists and shoulders, difficult to modify] + a lot of stretches (1hr20m)
❉ September 6 - Rest day

WEEK 2:
❉ September 7 - Barlates No Excuses Cardio Sculpt (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TbLvPS8L8o) This is Linda's latest one. I don't really like the no excuses series much. The vocals distract me. And the exercises seem all over the place, not like her other workouts. I did get a good burn in my legs but not sure I will be repeating this one. + Classical Stretch 803 Stress Release - this is a "flexibility" oriented standing and chair stretch from Season 8. It uses the chair a lot, you sit in the chair as well as hold on to it. A chair with arms is best but I made do with a folding one, there's only so much space in a workout area. My back was hurting this morning (from sleeping) and this did loosen it up some. It stretches the entire body, nice overall stretch. (40m)
❉ September 8 - 20 Mins of Gina B Pop Mix on YT - I keep trying to like Gina but her cuing really throws me off. She cues at the beginning of the new move, not towards the end of the last one. So I always miss a rep or two.She was a bit better in this one but this video had 3 ads in the 20 minutes I did, all of them unskippable so not sure I will be repeating it. + Barlates Target 20 Back of Leg - used ankle weights instead of band. I expected this to be a hamstring workout but it was more glute-focused. It was a decent workout, I might repeat it. First few moves put a lot of weight on wrists and major shoulder/triceps work there.
September 9 - 30 mins of Cardio, Carolina Arbors Wellness Low and Slow 5 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh5OcsdlGT4) I really like this lady's personality and she uses great music. Used hand weights and added cha-chas to advance it but really enjoyed it! (30m, 221 cals) + Barlates Target 15 Standing Abs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqvRg_CTvF4 - I love this workout every time I do it. Good calorie burn when tacked on to cardio. (15m, 155cals)
September 10 - 20 mins of various cardio off YT (170 cals) + Barlates Target 10 arms - This one is a pure arms workout and it is tough, really works the shoulders. (87 cals)
September 11 - Classical Stretch 1017 Shin Splints - awful episode, bad cuing, random blathering on, uneven reps, the works. Lots of releve work, unrelated random tricep move in the middle. Absolutely hated it, so much that I didn't even finish it. Planning on never repeating it again. Some of the classical stretch episodes are gems but you have to really dig through all the episodes to find them.
September 12 - Barlates Lazy Days Weights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi3CC9gknIQ) - Low energy day so decided to try this one. I liked it, nice light workout. [easily modified, wrist friendly] + Paula Lay Let go and Unwind (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch38DWb7pW0) - liked the end but the stretches were pretty aggressive for a 'let go' workout.
September 13 - Barlates Total 20 Dynamic Fusion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-D1Q5nZDIw) - this one is definitely inspired by BUTI, some yoga with movement there. It was a decent workout, not easy. Tweaked my shoulder in one of the down dog moves (down dog to up dog), will have to be more careful next time.
September 14 - Rest day
September 15 - Barlates Total 20 Weights - first time doing it, enjoyed it except for last part where you work abs by rolling up and down - that moved too fast. Modified by doing it lying down half the time. No curtsy lunges, very little work on wrists.
September 16 - Lacking energy/motivation lately, maybe due to lack of sleep altho I thought I had caught up after a few bad nights where I woke up in the night and couldn't get back to sleep till way after. Dragged myself to my workout space to do Barlates Target 10 Outer Thigh + Half of Barlates Target 20 Inner Thigh Two oldies but goodies, wore ankle weights for both of them. Actually I started with Barlates No Excuses Mat but the first few moves were all weird shoulder tweaky tricep work that I didn't like - I think this is my absolute least favorite series from Linda, between the music and the moves. (22m)
September 17 - 20 minutes of dance cardio off youtube
September 18 - Classical Stretch 806 Lose a Pant Size - this is the first episode I've encountered where Miranda isn't alone. So the cuing was slightly better than usual, except for when she went off on a diatribe about not accepting aging and completely forgot to provide any cuing for an entire set. I take her point but I'd rather have some instruction so I don't injure my spine. A decent workout/stretch, might repeat this one now that I know the moves. (23m)
❉ September 19 - No workout
❉ September 20 - No workout
❉ September 21 - Barlates Target 15 Squats and Raises - few curtsy lunges, easily modified. I started with a Body Project workout but gave up after about 6 minutes since my knees weren't liking it. I think there is something about Body Project that causes knee instability for me, a lot of bouncing on the supporting leg. Too bad because I really like the workouts. (20m)
❉ September 22 - No workout besides walking around Costco which I hadn't been to since March
September 23 - 20 mins of Prevention 3-2-1 with Chris Freytag
September 24 - YBB Latin Flavor cardio only (23m)
September 25 - Classical Stretch INCREASE YOUR ENERGY (S) (23:26, all standing) - love this one, lots of standing core work and Miranda's cuing was actually quite good I dropped the folding chair I was using for the workout on my feet after! Hope my feet recover by tomorrow - working out feels so dangerous sometimes.
September 26 - Barre Centric 9 minute thighs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT2QilWNmvo) + Barre Centric Arms C (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xulTwGn-sVI)
September 27 - Barlates Fusion Flow Easy Cardio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSyh3r0EW5A - really enjoyed this one for just getting some movement in. Usually don't like cardio with Linda, it tends to get boring but this one was sharp and functional and I would repeat it.
September 28 - Pahla B 10 minute low impact Tabata (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M6FzhjlLVY) I like Pahla in short doses, she is much less chatty in the shorter workouts. She was right too, I burned 105 calories in 10 minutes! + Barlates Target 10 Standing Abs (23m)
❉ September 29 - Rest day
❉ September 30 - Grocery shopping day, no workout
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 12:06 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 12:14 PM  
Tammie M

September

1 - The Firm BSS4: Supercharged Sculpting + Winsor Pilates Upper Body Sculpting
2 - Debbie Rocker Walk, Sculpt and Tone
3 - Barlates Metabolic Training Series: Functional
4 - Misty Tripoli Body Groove Delicious Dance: Workout 1 + Winsor Pilates Advanced Body Slimming
5 - Chalene Johnson PiYo Define: Lower Body + Upper Body
6 - Barlates Torch and Tone: Box + Classical Stretch Season 8: 811
7 - Carol Miller G-Force 2
8 - Christa Riley The Firm BSS3: Complete Body Sculpting
9 - DOTI Total Body Tone with a Twist + Winsor Pilates Bun & Thigh Sculpting
10 - Barlates Torch and Tone: Cardio Sculpt
11 - Petra Kolber Get Moving Mix - Fat Burning Basics & Cardio Dance + Tracie Long Core Movements Vol. 3
12 - Tracie Long Signature Vol. 1
13 - Petra Kolber Get Moving Mix - Toning, Abs & Pilates/ Yoga Conditioning + Tracie Long Core Movements Vol. 4
14 - Tracie Long Signature Vol. 2
15 - Barlates Torch and Tone: Slide
16 - Yoga Booty Ballet: Advanced
17 - Margaret Richard Sculpture: Lower
18 - Barlates Shape Up Series: Shape Up Barre Box
19 - The Firm Fat-Burning Cardio Toning + Classical Stretch Season 8: 818
20 - The Firm BSS3: Total Muscle Shaping
21 - Chalene Johnson PiYo: Sweat + Misty Tripoli Body Groove Delicious Dance: Workout 2
22 - Barlates Shape Up Series: Shape Up Band
23 - Anna Benson G-Force 3
24 - Barlates Shape Up Series: Shape Up Slide Sculpt + Classical Stretch Season 8: 826
27 - Tracie Long Functional Foundations: Core Strength
28 - Tracie Long Functional Foundations: Core Cardio
29 - FitPrime G-Force 4
30 - Chalene Johnson PiYo: Core + Misty Tripoli Body Groove Delicious Dance: Workout 3
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 12:32 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

~~~ SEPTEMBER ~~~

Cooler Days for Outdoor Fun

1 - Kit Rich, Gentle Core Awareness (Glo); 5,785 steps.

2 - Unplugged 1925; 30 hip circle bridges; 5,355 steps.

3 - 20 minute lunch walk; 20 box climbs; RaviAna Fat Free cleansing breath exercise and Start Your Engines; 7,636 steps.

4 - Lee Holden Better Breathing; 5,814 steps.

5 - Evening walk around the neighborhood; 7,440 steps.

6 - Beach walk; gym for 15 minutes recumbent, cable PT and weight machines; 10,188 steps.

7 - Lots of housework; 20 minute evening walk around the neighborhood; 6,300 steps.

8 - 22 minute lunch walk and that's it; 6,553 steps.

9 - 24 minute after dinner walk; 7,850 steps.

10 - Finished off the Unplugged 1900 series with 1926, chest, biceps, deltoids and inner thighs; 50 butt bridges and 25 ballerina crisscross with the hip circle; energy warm ups and Bye Bye Back Pain from RaviAna House Calls; 3,771 steps.

11 - PT and stretching; 1.78 mile walk; 9,047 steps.

12 - Rest and catch-up day; 4,240 steps.

13 - 55 minute / 2.12 mile beach walk; 8,733 steps.

14 - 12 minute Lucy Wyndham-Read HIIT workout; Felicia Tomasko Ayurvedic Detox: Pigeon Hip Series; 6,055 steps.

15 - Pre-walk stretch; evening walk; 8,097 steps.

16 - Ellen Barrett Skinny Sculpt; 5,385 steps.

17 - Lunch walk (1.26, 27 mins); 30 box climbs; FitOn Get Up & Dance (7.5 minutes); "Elasticity," a yoga knee clinic with Tias Little (Glo); PT, stretch and inversion; evening walk with DH (1.17, 25 mins; 11,044 steps.

18 - Nothing formal / rest day; 3,384 steps.

19 - Feeling blah, headache day; 4,295 steps.

20 - Beach walk and after-dinner walk (total 3.65; 87 mins); PT, stretching and inversion; 12,293 steps.

21 - Mark Osmundsen Pilates Barre Blend (Glo); Kathy Smith 10 Minute Timeout Walk; 5,819 steps.

22 - Sarah Beth Deep Stretch Low Back; lunch walk (1.48, 30 mins); Kathy Smith Ageless Staying Strong - Arms; evening walk with DH (1.32, 35 minutes); walk totals 2.8, 65 minutes); 11,379 steps.

23 - Margaret Richard Good 'N Strong Vol. 1, abs and lower body; evening walk; 6,956 steps.

24 - Pre-walk stretching; 30 butt bridges; lunch walk; short evening walk; 9,029 steps.

25 - 30 box climbs; 30 butt bridges; lunch walk (1.2, 23 mins); 8,145 steps.

26 - cruddy day; 5,616 steps.

27 - Back stretches; after dinner walk; 12,000 steps.

28 - Kit Rich, Breath Focused Classical Pilates (Glo); 3,996 steps.

29 - Pre-walk Pilates/yoga blend; 50 butt bridges; lunch walk (1.06, 22 mins); MR Good 'N Strong workout 1-1; Ellen Pick Your Spot Pilates - butt; evening walk (1.28, 42 mins); 10,151 steps.

30 - Jane Fonda's Personal Trainer Series - first half of Abs, Buns & Thighs; JFPTS stretch workout from Low Impact Aerobics & Stretch; evening walk with DH (1.37, 31 minutes); 10,258 steps.

September totals:

3 of 10 .... Yoga - hatha, yin, restorative
0 of 3 ....... Yoga - Kundalini yoga
4 of 5 ....... Pilates
0 of 2 ....... KCM
2 of 4 ....... Margaret Richard
2 of 2 ....... Ellen Barrett
2 of 2 ....... Kathy Smith
2 of 2 ....... Jane Fonda
1 of 2 ....... Lee Holden
3 of 4 ..... Gym (1) and wildcards (LWR 1) (FitOn 1)
20 of 12 ... Walk bonuses (20 outdoors, )
0 of 1 ....... Dump, stow or keep
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 01:31 PM  
clerkin11

31) LMOD - 45 minute Body Combat - so fun!!
1) Cathe Fit Tower Advanced - from the dvd's that came with the fit tower - it was good and only 30-35 minutes so perfect for the time I had
2) Cathe Intermediate Step from Step Sync plus Essentrics Abs and Waist - these Essentrics are so stretchy and nice!!!
3) Cathe Fit Tower Total Body - love this one!
4)-7) Going to VT to see baby G - only workout will be walking (and maybe bouncing the baby on the yoga ball lol)
7) Took the puppies for a 45 minute walk when we got back from VT. We miss Baby G already!! She's so cute!! Not an easy baby by any means, but so cute!!!
8) Found out today that my Cathe Live subscription expired, so I did a LMOD Body Pump #113 (I think). It was actually really fun and I liked it. After work took puppies for a 40 minute walk.
9) LMOD Body Combat #74 - super cardio heavy and I burned almost 500 calories!! That was fun and rewarding. Too hot to go walking in the evening though.
10) Evening walk with the puppies but no workout at lunch. My daughter facetimed me with baby G and I just enjoyed staring at the baby lol. Walk 40 minutes.
11) Cathe Flex Train plus 40 minute walk in the evening - I haven't done Flex Train in a very long time and it was fun. So quick paced it's hard to do the equipment changes fast enough but that just ups the burn so it's fine.
12) Morning and evening walks - 40 minutes each time - Running errands (groceries) and getting haircuts (where our stylist was running 2 hours late!!!).
13) Morning walk 40 minutes. Evening walk 50 minutes
14) Morning walk 30 minutes, Cathe Live Smokin Lower Body - Cathe was sick and still this was a killer workout! Evening walk 40 minutes
15) Morning walk 30 minutes, Cathe X-Train Chest, Back & Shoulders, Evening walk 40 minutes.
16) Morning walk 30 minutes, Jillian Killer Buns & Thighs workout 1, Evening walk 40 minutes.
17) rainy day and busy work day so rest day
18) morning walk 30 minutes, Cathe Live PHA Supersets (super fun!), evening walk 30 minutes
19) morning walk 40 minutes, evening walk 45 minutes
20) morning walk 50 minutes, evening walk 45 minutes
21) morning walk 30 minutes, Cathe Live Lower Body Touch Up Training, evening walk 50 minutes
22) morning walk 30 minutes, evening walk 45 minutes
23) morning walk 30 minutes, Cathe Live Upper Body Touch Up Training
24) mornin walk 30 minutes then trip to VT to see baby G
25)-26) in VT - did go for walks with baby G but didn't keep track
27) morning walk 50 minutes
28) Morning walk 30 minutes, Cathe Live Glutes & Thighs - this was a pretty tough workout using weights, high step and a mat- 3 exercises, then repeat them all and move on to next circuit - 4 circuits all together. It was 60 minutes long and very cardio and a calorie burner.
29) Morning walk 30 minutes; ART arm workout at lunch and some stretching - it was just a 20 minute no weight arm workout and I just needed some good stretches. Sore from Glutes & Thighs still.
30) raining in the morning so did a Jenny Ford Walk Across America Malibu before work, Cathe Live Cardio Boxing Bootcamp at lunch - but I'm still sore from Glutes & Thighs so I focused more on upper body and went easy on lower body, then an after work walk 40 minutes with the dogs.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 01:47 PM  
Dontmindthemess

September

1. Penny Barnshaw 40 min Total Body No Repeat HiiT with weights (8/30/20 45min) + Peloton 15 min stretch More strength than cardio in this 45/15 Penny. Not a killer which was good since I wasn’t feeling 100% this morning. Finished up with an extra stretch since my neck and shoulders were feeling a bit tight.
2. Peloton 45 min Intervals & Arms ride Kendall 6/25/20
3. Barlates Endurance 90 total body + Peloton 30 min Power Zone Endurance Matt
4. Barlates Pilates Ring Mat and Standing
5. Peloton 45 min 80s ride Ally
6-13. Rest I really strained my calves doing that Barlates magic ring workout. Worst part? I knew better. I knew I shouldn’t have done the second set of calf raises in the standing barre section but I kept going anyway. Just dumb. Then on top of that I had a stomach bug and a bad period. I probably took more time off than necessary but I did a number on my calf (from step) about 10 years ago and it nagged me for months.
14. Peloton Matt 3/24/19 (15 mins) and 30 min low impact ride Robin 8/17/19 + PBL Kickstart your Pilates Day 1
15. Rest I had an early appointment and I was out all day.
16. Peloton 45 min Intervals and Arms ride Emma 6/16/20 + PBL Spring into Summer Ab Burner and New You Stretch with Band
17. Barlates Endurance 110 Cardio Sculpt + PBL 5 minutes more lower body and New York Core
18. Peloton Emma 30 min Listening Party 9/3/20 + Barlates BW basics Stretch Sculpt
19. Romney Bosu Megan 8/27 + PBL Spring into Summer Abs Yes I’m still subscribed to Romney and I really enjoyed this workout. It was 45 minutes and covered all the bases. I found the section that I was on the flat side of the Bosu very challenging!! I’ve been doing Pilates by Lisa with my husband instead of Penny. He tweaked his back and this is probably good for him
20. Romney studios Pulse
21. Peloton Sam 5 min w/u and 30 min ride + PBL core
22. Rest
23. Romney Pulse
24. Peloton Emma 45 min ride
25. Penny Barnshaw 45 min Strength and Cardio Burnout + PBL core
26. Studio Sweat on Demand Spin Soak and stretch
27. PBL Strong and defined leg workout + 5 parks yoga Shoulder and Neck tension release class + SSOD Upper body foam roller stretch My front shoulder into my neck and even my jaw has been feeling tight. I felt a lot better after this 5 parks session. Didn’t finish the foam roller stretch, it just wasn’t feeling good for me.
28. Peloton Emma 45 min groove ride 9/27 + 5 parks yoga Neck and shoulder tension release Liked this stretch too! I’m really into Emma as an instructor.
29. SSOD Bike and Barre Totally Toned I subscribed to Sweat studio on demand and I really enjoyed both workouts I did but my cadence doesn’t show while I’m working out and I know I don’t go as fast as I should without it! This was a 30 min spin and a 30 min barre workout. The barre was nice but not especially challenging.
30. Penny Barnshaw Intense Standing Abs and HiiT + 5 Parks Yoga Neck and Shoulder Tension release + 2 mile trail walk

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 04:50 PM  
MathTeacher

September!

1 - PBL Arms
2 - PBL Legs
3 - PBL Legs
4 - Rest Day Home football game
5 - PBL Arms

6 - PBL Standing
7 - PBL Core
8 - PBL Side Slimmer
9 - PBL Arms
10 -
11 -
12 - PBL Legs

13 - PBL Core
14 - PBL Arms
15 -
16 - PBL Legs
17 - PBL Arms
18 - PBL Legs
Old 08-27-20, 05:49 PM  
bex

✨✨September 2020✨✨

Start where I am, and see what I can do

1 - 6,900 steps, Bike ride (14 mins).
2 - 7,500 steps, Gilad Step & Tone (15 mins), Leslie Sansone Walk at Home Express, Brisk Walk 2 Miles. I did Gilad on the floor and holding 1 lb weights, and it was ok but more weights and less step than I remembered. And it's oddly harder for me to coordinate my stepping and arm movements when there's not an actual step. So after the warmup and first section I switched to a Leslie workout. I hated the music, and I almost never say that! But I enjoyed the band work, and in total I moved for 45 minutes, so that's all good.
3 - 10,200 steps
4 - 6,200 steps, Jenny Ford Step by Step 3 (w/u, first combo = 15 mins), Leslie Sansone Power Walk Power Firm (first 15 mins). I thought I'd grabbed Step by Step, but it turned out to be vol 3, which I've never done before. I didn't have the patience to learn the combos, which are oddly more confusing if you're doing them on the floor. So I pulled it out and put on Leslie. I used 1/2 lb weighted gloves and I think the UB work was ok, but then my darling called me for dinner. A short workout is better than none, and probably better to do less than I want to do.
5 - 17,300 steps, physiotherapy LB strengthening band workout. Dr says I’m ok to resume bike rides, moderate cardio and weights. Hooray!!
6 - 12,200 steps, Cardio Coach vol 1R on elliptical (extended w/u and skipped challenge 3, total 33 mins), Margaret Richards' Perfect 10 vol 1B, shoulders and back sections, Slim & Limber (very gently). Considering my 'always go for it' personality, I'm doing great at easing myself back slowly. I kept my HR moderate for Cardio Coach, even during the hill challenges, and only grabbed 1 kg weights for Margaret. My plan for this month is to try to do something every day, less than I think I can, but keep doing it.
7 - 5,700 steps, Bike ride!!! (35 mins total), Jenny Ford Beginner Step with 3 Combos and Cardio Bursts (w/u, 2 combos + c/d, total 30 mins), PT LB band work (10 mins). I’m trying not to get too overexcited about being able to exercise, but the freedom to grab a shared bike and pedal away is just so great.
8 - 9,400 steps, Bike ride (30 mins total)
9 - 9,300 steps, Bike ride (30 mins total)
10 - 7,100 steps, Bike ride (1 hour total), Total body workout with PT (1 hour total). The PT ran me through a whole bunch of body weight exercises that are safe for me to do and will help me regain fitness over the next month. He was surprised at how good my form was - which I attribute to the great instruction from my 100s of DVD workouts, all recommended by VF! I got some great new shoulder & back activations to do with a band that will should help counteract sitting at a desk all day. So happy that I'm back to working out and have Things to Do!!!
11 - 3,000 steps, Bike ride (30 mins total). Busy day, great dinner with my entrepreneurs group.
12 - 12,300 steps, Cardio Coach vol 2 on elliptical (extended w/u and c/d, total 40 mins), PT Workouts with band: Shoulder activation, Core rotation, Udaya Lie Down and Stretch, Bike ride (30 mins total). I let my HR get higher in Cardio Coach, and was still able to complete all 3 challenges. Fitness is coming back.
13 - 8,400 steps, Bike ride (1 hour 10 mins total), Margaret Richards' Perfect 10 vol 2 Part A. Had a pretty active day w bike rides, but got home and had an urge to do some upper body work, so I figured I'd do a few of Margaret Richards' moves. Nothing too strenuous, just to lightly toast the muscles. Still not supposed to do crunches, so I subbed in short front & side plank holds. It all felt good.
14 - Bike ride (30 mins total), Jenny Ford Step by Step, PT Hip activation workout (first half). Now that I’m back to doing workouts again, I’m not going to track my steps anymore. The step count is definitely dropping now that I’ve re-started bike rides anyway. Loved doing a step workout with the step, and one my body remembers. I was dripping with sweat and grinning by the end.
15 - Rest. Head down into a work deadline, so even though I wanted to workout, decided I couldn't spare the time.
16 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Margaret Richards' Beauty to the Bone, Vol 1 Part A. I swear this was pretty much the same workout as the previous Margaret Richards I did on Sunday. I increased the intensity ever so little by using 3 lbs instead of 1kg dumbbells, and holding planks for 20 seconds instead of 15. Bit by bit.
17 - Rest.
18 - Rest.
19 - Bike ride (40 mins total). Spent most of the day at the doctors, so boring. Should have done some weights in the evening but watched a movie instead.
20 - Bike ride (1 hour 20 mins total). Chinese lesson and some work, plus my husband back from a business trip so no time to fit in other workouts.
21 - Bike ride (1 hour total), Gentle Vinyasa Flow (1 hour version). First time I've allowed msyelf to do yoga practice and it felt sooo good. Was careful to avoid any stretches to the front body (cobra, upwards dog, even camel pose) and it all feels great.
22 - Bike ride (1 hour total)
23 - Rest. Work is taking all my time again.
24 - Bike ride (1 hour total)
25 - Rest.
26 - 16,000 steps, Cardio Coach vol 2R on elliptical (extended w/u and c/d, total 45 mins), Gilad Quickfit Chest & Back. First time I was able to give up the background concern "I need to be careful" and just go for the workout. Let my HR get as high as the workout took me. Ended up a red-faced sweaty mess, and very very happy
27 - Bike ride (50 mins total). Today was a full work day, and I'm so tired by this week.
28 - Bike ride (1 hour total)
29 - Bike ride (1 hour 10 mins total)
30 - Bike ride (50 mins total)
bex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts