Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-15-20, 01:01 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I just got a shipping email. They shipped today, 2/15 media mail so it might not be till middle or end of next week when we'll receive them.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 02:50 PM  
Taiga

Volume 1 is in stock at Mary's. The clip is up Volume 2 is expected in stock today. Even with Tracie's discount, it ends up cheaper at Mary's and faster shipping. Glad I waited and another thanks to Crescent Moon for heads up----I thought it would be a while before Mary had these.
Old 02-15-20, 07:19 PM  
LizEMA

The second clip is up.

It looks like Tracie had a completely new production team on this series.
Lighting, angles, camera work is all different from previous releases. All together, it makes it a little hard to see her. For me, at least. I like the closer camera shots of her previous work. And the brighter lights.

And I had been so excited about this series because she posted on FB about filming:
"The crew:
Elizabeth Rogers
Susan Harris
Stuart Owens."

Sadly, I mistook that to mean "cast", but, I guess she literally meant the crew as in production crew? Color me disappointed!
Old 02-15-20, 07:31 PM  
counterclockwise

The moves themselves look great but I really don’t like the darkness and all the shadows. Hope her next workouts go back to her previous lighting. Her talking to the camera overhead is also a little weird.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 08:06 PM  
Messe

Ugh on the dark set with all the shadows. It's so unappealing — and so amateurish. Tracie has been in this business long enough to know better.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 09:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Volume 1 is in stock at Mary's. The clip is up Volume 2 is expected in stock today. Even with Tracie's discount, it ends up cheaper at Mary's and faster shipping. Glad I waited and another thanks to Crescent Moon for heads up----I thought it would be a while before Mary had these.
Literally could get before the preorders the way Mary operates

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 09:51 PM  
ncl

I got my shipping notice today as well. That may be a first!

I feel the same as others about the clips. I don't like the set and the darkness of the set. That said, i love Tracie's workouts generally so if they are as good as her others, the set won't deter me.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 09:53 PM  
Taiga

I don't care about the set. The moves look good and I like that she has been adding more mobility work.
Old 02-15-20, 09:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
I don't care about the set. The moves look good and I like that she has been adding more mobility work.
Agreed.

I like the chapters too. Should be able to utilize the DVD in different ways.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 10:34 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Ditto. I'm thankful Tracie is still producing home workout DVDs and would guess that the profit is marginal. The indie production values bother me not in the least. Judging by the clips, the moves are clearly visible. A well conceived workout trumps a bright and shiny set, IMO.

I have ordered both workouts.

Tags
signature series, tracie long