Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-13, 11:03 PM  
michl43

Lightbulb OT refused delivery ups delivery, took it to post officr

I ordered something from amazon and changed my mind and wrote refused delivery on it and took it to post office and placed on counter with other boxes.... That was on 6/4... Today I look at order status and it was delivered to me UPS... I wonder was will happen with it now...
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-13, 11:38 PM  
JENILU

I'm not sure if this answers what your trying to say. Amazon does take returns, but they are pretty specific and have a page of instructions, I think, on how to do it. I believe you have to print off a specific label when you tell them you want to return something, and that is the only way they accept it back. If you did something other than their return polcy, I have no idea what happens? Have you e-mailed them?
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 05:19 AM  
kitty12

Well, I wonder what the Post Office did with the package then. Normally with refuse delivery they will return it to the return address on the box. But since it didn't ship through them, not sure!
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 05:34 AM  
LauraBella

I think your best bet for an answer would be to call your local PO and ask about their protocol.
Old 06-10-13, 05:43 AM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by michl43 View Post
I ordered something from amazon and changed my mind and wrote refused delivery on it and took it to post office and placed on counter with other boxes.... That was on 6/4... Today I look at order status and it was delivered to me UPS... I wonder was will happen with it now...
I think there might be 2 issues. The first is you have to refuse to accept delivery of the package at the time of delivery. Meaning, the carrier brings it to your door & you tell them at that time, "I refuse delivery." Once it's in your possession (eg. they leave it for you), you have accepted it (by terms of the carrier). In this case, you received the package & changed your mind after you had it in your possession.

The second issue is that it was delivered by UPS and you gave it to the post office. The postal clerk should not have accepted it as it wasn't billed for shipment by the postal service. You could have taken it to a UPS store, facility or maybe, left it for UPS to pick up if they come by daily & they might have accepted it as "delivery refused." (Unlikely but possible)

Maybe start by going back to the post office & see if they still have your package? If not, contact Amazon by email & tell them what you did.

As someone suggested before, Amazon always takes returns but you have to print out a return label & take to the carrier you selected for the return (USPS or UPS). They won't charge you for the return if they made a mistake. If you simply changed your mind, they typically charge for return postage.

HTH

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 05:55 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Ditto what Joan said. It's probably sitting at the PO because it's not their responsibility and you didn't talk to anyone there. It's like buying something at Target and then dropping it off at Walmart with a note.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 07:39 AM  
aunatural

Lol. Thanks for the laugh Joni. You have such a way with words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Ditto what Joan said. It's probably sitting at the PO because it's not their responsibility and you didn't talk to anyone there. It's like buying something at Target and then dropping it off at Walmart with a note.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 08:37 AM  
mountaingal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
But.... since UPS does deliver to the post office, maybe an aware clerk handed it off to the UPS driver.

Cynthia
mountaingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 09:17 AM  
mtnmom

You can refuse delivery on an article of mail after it's left the carrier's hands.

1.1.3 Refusal After Delivery
After delivery, an addressee may mark a mailpiece “Refused” and return it within a reasonable time, if the piece or any attachment is not opened.

I found that here: http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/508.htm

I think your first line of attack on this question is to contact your PO and see what they might have done with the package.

I was given the option of refusing delivery by Amazon customer service when I tried to cancel an order before it was logged as being shipped. It was too far into the process to stop shipping, so I was told I should refuse delivery. Turns out I changed my mind again and kept it. And to keep this on-topic, it was for the PowerStrike 6 DVD - and I'm glad I kept it!