I found this on my morning news round:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...iday_gilad.DTL

Enjoy!

Cynthia
mountaingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-12, 09:50 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks, that was interesting. It's hard to believe he has been around that long. I'm usually not into fitness camps, but that one sounds like fun.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-12, 10:26 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Cynthia, thanks for posting this! I'm an oldtime Gilad fan.

Coincidentally, I just did his Lord of the Abs Phenomenal Abs & Core and was floored by how out of shape I am cause that was TOUGH! I got the set a while back but my work hours didn't allow for longer workouts. Now I've decided I want to start incorporating them, probably with one of his rotations: http://www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.c...-schedules.pdf But I can't tell you how many exercises I had to skip. Oh well, one has to start somewhere!

His fitness camps DO look amazing and I've promised myself that DH and I will get to one sometime. Well I think they're mostly populated by female Gilad crushers so not sure DH wants to participate, lol. But hey, it's Hawaii!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-12, 10:27 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Thanks, that was interesting. It's hard to believe he has been around that long.
Not to mention Trella still looks 25!
Old 03-23-12, 11:43 AM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Cynthia, thanks for posting this! I'm an oldtime Gilad fan.

Coincidentally, I just did his Lord of the Abs Phenomenal Abs & Core and was floored by how out of shape I am cause that was TOUGH! I got the set a while back but my work hours didn't allow for longer workouts. Now I've decided I want to start incorporating them, probably with one of his rotations: http://www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.c...-schedules.pdf But I can't tell you how many exercises I had to skip. Oh well, one has to start somewhere!

His fitness camps DO look amazing and I've promised myself that DH and I will get to one sometime. Well I think they're mostly populated by female Gilad crushers so not sure DH wants to participate, lol. But hey, it's Hawaii!!
I just did this one again for the 2nd time this week and you are right it is tough and challenging. I too skipped quite a few exercise or subbed in a different move for what he was doing. It's a great workout though and I definitely want the rest of the set, especially the one that uses a med ball. I picked up Vol 1 of his TV classics and have been doing them on my time crunch days and they're a pretty good workout in 22 minutes. I'm a recent Gilad convert and I am loving him.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-12, 11:58 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbclark44 View Post
I picked up Vol 1 of his TV classics and have been doing them on my time crunch days and they're a pretty good workout in 22 minutes.
They are fun, and a great way to start the day. I used to do them back in the day.
On his site if you're really obsessed you can buy huge downloads of his morning show throughout the years. The clips are so funny! http://www.bodiesinmotionwithgilad.c..._on_demand.htm
(ETA - there are trailers for each season and a clip of each and every episode.)
Quote:
I'm a recent Gilad convert and I am loving him.
Wonderful to know he's still converting people.
Old 03-24-12, 08:10 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Where's Gilda????
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-12, 02:23 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
Where's Gilda????
I was wondering the same thing! I hope she gets here soon, because it wouldn't seem right to have a Gilad thread without Gilda.

Tags
gilad