Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-21, 03:33 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Good job, evil enabler I didn't know I needed this one!
It's in my Amazon cart right now! But I'm going to wait for reviews

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 07:18 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I didn't end up doing any of the workouts. They just don't interest me enough after previewing them.

Maybe someone else will try them out!
Old 02-17-21, 08:15 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I am definitely interested. I like pilates and barre and for a time, I've subscribed to Karen's Workout Hotel youtube channel. I really like her, her instructions and her workouts. They're just right for me. If this set is anything like her workouts on youtube, I know I will like them. I'll probably buy this set although I don't need another ball and a band and wish it wasn't included (for a price I'm sure) with the set. Calendar and 30-minute workouts per day are a plus for me. I won't use the food guide. I'm pretty sure I'll cave and will buy this set in the next couple of weeks. My streaming can be iffy, so I still buy DVDs whenever I can.
Old 02-19-21, 08:58 AM  
bubbles76

I like barre too. Trying to get into pilates. I like the idea of it, but haven't really clicked with a lot of pilates workouts yet. The set also calls for dumbbells, so I hope there is also traditional strength work.

For those that tried the free trial, how do you describe the set? Was it dark like the Intervalo set set or bright like the Circuit Burn 90 set?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 04:01 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

It's more like a studio setting (like fitness/barre studio). Lighter in brightness vs. darker but not stark white or anything like that. It reminded me of a lot of YouTube type workout settings.
Old 02-23-21, 04:49 PM  
MoFirmer

Well I had this in my cart and ended up hitting purchase! LOL! It is due here Thursday. I won't have time to try any of the workouts as I'll have my granddaughter here this weekend. It does look like a fun, good workout from what I see of her YouTube workouts!
Old 02-23-21, 04:54 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
Well I had this in my cart and ended up hitting purchase! LOL! It is due here Thursday.
Same here! Due in on Thursday.
Old 02-26-21, 10:37 AM  
bubbles76

Okay, what's the scoop ladies? I've got amazon points burning a whole in my pocket. I was saving them for Jessica Smith, but as I suspect her offering will be digital I am considering other options.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 10:52 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I got my set yesterday and I did Barre Bootcamp today and previewed 2 other workouts. Production quality is not that of Cathe or other "professional" dvds (picture quality and sound) but it didn't really bother me. Today I did Barre Bootcamp and it was really good. Efficient, variety of moves and just enough reps for you to feel the exercises but without killing you. Thirty minutes flew by and at the end I felt worked out without being wiped out. Karen is a good, no nonsense instructor who doesn't chatter incessantly. If you're not familiar with her, check out her Workout Hotel youtube channel. Based on this one workout and the other 2 DVDs I previewed, this was money very well spent. You get quite a lot for $49.99 and you can't beat 30 minute well-rounded workouts. It's thumbs up from me!
Old 02-26-21, 10:56 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I got my set yesterday and I did Barre Bootcamp today and previewed 2 other workouts. Production quality is not that of Cathe or other "professional" dvds (picture quality and sound) but it didn't really bother me. Today I did Barre Bootcamp and it was really good. Efficient, variety of moves and just enough reps for you to feel the exercises but without killing you. Thirty minutes flew by and at the end I felt worked out without being wiped out. Karen is a good, no nonsense instructor who doesn't chatter incessantly. If you're not familiar with her, check out her Workout Hotel youtube channel. Based on this one workout and the other 2 DVDs I previewed, this was money very well spent. You get quite a lot for $49.99 and you can't beat 30 minute well-rounded workouts. It's thumbs up from me!
Usia, is it a mix of cardio and weights? My usual issue with barre workouts is often that they don't use weights enough.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
define and align, karen vizueta, xtfmax, xtrainfit