Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-21, 04:20 PM  
PennyK

Do you have a workout buddy?

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 05:19 PM  
ChelePA

Prior to Covid, my daughter did cycling classes with me. She will also go for long walks or a hike with me. But she prefers to exercise alone when it comes to DVDs or YouTube workouts. I miss our special time at the gym.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 05:24 PM  
Leonana

No, unfortunately.

My daughter doesn't want to exercise, she works at Starbucks part time and feels she gets enough exercise being on her feet. I've told her that isn't enough, she should at least do some yoga, but so far, she isn't too interested.

My husband has an active job. Which is a positive in that he is extremely healthy. However, he is always too tired to do anything physical. I wish we could hike or go for walks sometimes.
Old 02-25-21, 06:04 PM  
jusca

Nope. I prefer not to. A buddy feels like baggage to me as I'm very self-motivated in a lot of my hobbies/interests. The one time I gave some friends a chance to workout together was when we all went to a gym to sign up for a membership. I was mostly doing it for the social aspect but surely enough the sign up day was the last time they went to the gym (no surprise to me. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt). I went to the gym alone a few times after that but I much prefer being at home and canceled the membership shortly afterwards.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 07:43 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i have 2 buddies that live in other states. we have a private facebook group just for the 3 of us. we post our workouts and chat about everything that pops into our heads. we've been together online for 15 years.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 08:59 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I teach Essentrics to a few local friends, alternate with another local friend. Right now we are on zoom but hope to get back to in person classes ASAP. I also teach a few of my oldest & dearest friends across the country on zoom and will continue to do so. I have a few local walking buddies, we live in a hiking and walking paradise in a small rural community here on the west coast. So my friends keep me active!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 10:09 PM  
bubbles76

No I prefer not to. I mean, I'll take fitness classes, but I really don't care if there are other people in the room or not. I'm too self absorbed.

ETA: The only exception is when Tiny Bubble works out with me. He'll still do Misty workouts, Christi's Cinnamon, and yoga with me.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 06:28 AM  
DCW

I have a walking buddy which is great. We have been walking together 30 years.

My community rec class has been together 30 years, too.. We miss each other during Covid.

My walking buddies at work I miss so much.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 08:05 AM  
Rhonda

Sometimes I have a cat or two when stretching or doing yoga.

I workout in the mornings by myself and hubby does his workout when he gets home from work.

If it is nice outside, we will take a walk together but other than that I am on my own.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 08:20 AM  
sherry7899

only if cats count....I like exercising alone.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout buddy, workout partner