Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-24-21, 04:06 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans!

Kittybug I don't have that Ingrid Romero set, but of course I had to check it out on Mary's site. I like that there is a lot of content and Mary's clip is really long which is great. It looks tough! I'll have to mull it over. I just used my points for the DVDs I bought last week. Sale price only good for today though. Oh and I checked out 2lazy4gym's review. Wow, it seems really, really hard. I was pretty set on buying it, but now I don't know. AND, did you know there is an Extreme Booty Edge volume 1 also on Mary's site? It's labeled as intermediate. The puzzling thing is the price is $47 for a 58 minute workout. That seems kind of crazy and makes me wonder if it's an error.

Bee your comment to Nathalie about the butter had me chuckling. My husband always says that we still have the same pound of butter that we had when we got married. I hardly ever use butter for cooking and that was a great departure from the way his mother cooked. He still likes to tease me about it.

And Bee why are you getting rid of your turbo tower?

ChelePA great weather today! I was out at lunch for a walk and I actually got sweaty. Such a nice change!!!

Cataddict I hope you're knee is feeling better little by little. Stinky when we get injured.

Oh, I meant to post before that I will join in the Kat step workout for Fun Friday.

I'm doing a new system for my workouts. I have many that I haven't done in years. On a lot of them I write notes on the back covers so I have a reference point for things I like, things I don't like, length of workout etc.
So, I'm sort of randomly going through them and doing the ones that don't have any notes on the back cover. Yesterday I did Mindy Mylrea Strength Express which is an old CIA workout. It uses a medicine ball and body bar. She's crazy manic in this one and doesn't stop moving or talking during the entire thing. It wasn't my favorite.

I'm not sure what I will do tonight. I've got a somewhat cranky knee right now too. Nothing serious, it just sometimes hurts.
Old 02-24-21, 04:12 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends! Hope some of ya'll are getting sunshine. It is definitely a welcome relief!

Bee Ha about the stalling comment. I did remember it. Oh, and you did Total Body Tuesday. Me too!

Nathalie, KateTT, and you fellow tea drinkers -I'm also a huge tea drinker. Used to be black coffee (so I'm with ya Kittybug) but once perimenopause kicked in, so did insomnia, so coffee and black tea were traded for green tea. I would have NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER thought I would have insomnia, but alas, I did. Once I got through the worst of the insomnia I stuck with green tea and haven't switched back to coffee. But I drink ALOT of green tea.

Kittybug I have Ingrid Romero's Edge Booty Extreme Volume 2 set. Found it at Half Price Books for like $10 or $12. Score! I've done some of the workouts and they are hard. Ingrid and the background exercisers remind me ALOT of Beachbody gals - in looks (ahem ) and the "over the top" enthusiasm/personality. And Ingrid says, "mama" ALOT...so while they are excellent workouts, I can't do them exclusively. But I can't do BB exclusively either because of the same reasons. 2 Lazy has a GREAT lower body rotation that combines EBE2, Cathe, Butt Bible, and I think that's it.

KateTT my ears are perked reading your reviews of Katami 4x4 since I'm doing them now. I did all of them once when I first got them and do remember them getting harder and harder. And I remember liking the Athlete and Warrior workouts best (I think). Although there may have been a good Hero. Well, all of them are great metabolic workouts. Just like anything else, like some more than others and that can all change depending on life.

Nathalie we have thawed out and today is absolutely gorgeous! Sunny and in the 60's/70's. Go figure! Last week we were having minus 0 temps. I think MOST of the state has power now, but alot of people don't have water. Lots of cases being delivered by the National Guard, non-profits, etc. And crazy how much it costs to ship from U.S. to Canada! Think we'd get a break since we share the continent.

Cataddict glad to hear your knee/leg is doing better. Perfect timing for Hair Max since you really couldn't workout anyway. Hope it continues to heal. Glad you're taking it easy.

Yesterday I was really wanting a total body weights workout since I had done Change 1 (metabolic) Monday and have it planned for today. So yesterday was Total Body Tuesday instead of TwoFer Tuesday. I started with Caroline's 5 Min Full Body Warm Up, and planned to do one of her weight workouts.
When I started doing the workout I soon realized that I had done it before and while I really liked it, I wasn't ready for any repeat workouts. There's too much great workouts out there to try! So I found Growingannanas 40 Min No Repeat - Full Body Hiit & Strength Workout - With Weights (Dumbbells) and it FIT THE BILL!! I LOVED this workout!! There was a great mix of slow, heavy moves with faster moves; compound and isolation moves; hit upper, lower, core. Great music. And I needed ALL of those components because I've been in a goldilocks mood of having trouble finding the "just right" workout for the day. There have been more workouts recently that I don't want to do, than I do want to do, and this was one I wanted to do. Try it! You'll like it! I finished with Heather Robertson 10 Minute Full Body Mobility And Flexibility Routine since Growingannanas didn't have a cool down or stretch. I think the last move was burpees and then we were done. I needed more of a cool down and stretch. Heather's was a great stretch that I would revisit.

Just glanced at the clock and time's getting away from me. Gotta run for now! Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 04:33 PM  
Mickey12

I might be the easiest person on the planet to enable. I just bought the Ingrid Romero set from Mary, Kittybug I have a feeling I will be modifying a lot but I am such a sucker for a sale.
Old 02-24-21, 04:44 PM  
ChelePA

Kim...you crack me up. I barely have time for the DVDs I do own. Plus now YouTube has me looking for new routines all the time.

Manleym...just curious what weights you used for Growing Annanas workout. I might do it tomorrow. Is it more intermediate with the weights or does she lift heavy? Thanks!

Edited to add: I see she’s using 5 kg. I’ll start with 10 pounds and see how I feel.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 07:07 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Laughing my bum off at you, Kim!!!! You should have seen how long I ruminated over 'should I or should I not' get that set...but the price and things people said about it drove me over the edge. Oh, that and did you realize it comes with two firewalker type bands?? I actually need new ones because mine are all stretched out, so that kind of pushed me over the edge too! And yes, I saw that first video of hers but also all of the complaints about WHY is it so expensive for so little content!

Of course, Manleym got the stellar deal! I'm so jealous of your thrift shopping, Manleym. I wanna come visit and shop with you!

Speaking of YouTube ChelePA, I've checked out a couple of Caroline's vids and while the workouts themselves look awesome, I can't get past the music which is just NOT my thing. This is just personal, but that's the type of 'current' music that makes me want to dig my eyeballs out with a spoon, so I don't know that I'd ever be able to bring myself to do her workouts, as wonderful as they look. I guess we'll have to see, sigh.

So today I did I am Athlete 1, and yep, these workouts do get harder. It's really hard to figure out what weights to use...I go heavier and realize there's NO way I can do option three so I do option two or some form of it, or I drop weights and go back to option three. Arg! I guess I need to really get familiar with them to know. And is it me, or are they kind of insidious, like you don't feel like you're spending too much time on any one thing when suddenly you realize you're soaked and heaving and wanting it to be over?? Needless to say, there's nothing about Paul I don't like and I am really enjoying this set!

Kim, let me know when you get your new set and I'll let you know when I get mine...then we can try them together, eek!!!

Stay fierce, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 07:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Well, I was going to come here and chime in that the Ingrid workout is really hard!! But if other people have it, maybe we should have an Edge Booty 2 day. I imagine Mary may have the first set as a deal of the day soon if she didn't already this week -- seems like she does that sort of thing, no? One is definitely easier, but still tough. I cannot even imagine doing a rotation like the one 2lazy has that manleym mentioned.

Hey, you green tea drinkers..... does that caffeine not bother you? I have shied away from it because I don't do well with caffeine either. (kittybug, your comment about not understanding "don't drink coffee" cracked me up!)

Kim, I like your new system for trying workouts, though what happened with Mindy is why I tend to not branch out like that! I got ride of (past tense now) my Turbo Tower because I never even unboxed it and now we have this giant cage type thing that makes it completely unnecessary. So, on to a better home. We have different email aliases for people in our community. One is called "free" and we posted it there, and also some bookshelves that I had to convince hubby we don't need anymore. He was all sad that everyone wanted my Turbo Tower and nobody wants his big old oak bookshelves. I know it went to a good home -- it's the mom of a kid my son's age. She is a volunteer firefighter and she loves to work out. Perfect.

manleym, I've made note of that Growingannanas workout you loved -- sounds like a goodie!

Ok, obviously spending too much time on VF this afternoon!!
Old 02-24-21, 07:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Well, I "think" I have a strained calf muscle that has impacted the back of my knee. Ugh! I got my first Covid shot today and the parking is a good football field length from the building entrance. And the exit was even farther from the lot. By the time I got to my car my leg was killing me! I felt about 150 years old and was feeling very sorry for myself. I was whining to my DH that I might never, ever feel better and he said "will there be dessert at the Pity Party?" and that just cracked me up and I couldn't stop laughing! I know I was being very dramatic and that comment just snapped me out of my funk.

They recommend that you keep your arm moving and hydrate a lot so I decided to do an Upper body Cathe Live. I chose #10 and got a good work out and at least felt like I was doing something without hindering any progress in healing. I enjoyed it and I was doing the chest flyes with 15s and they felt a little light!

Kim, you also made me laugh with your comment concerning enabling. manleym, thanks for the heads up that Ingrid reminded you of the Beachbody people! I believe I will take a hard pass. One series filled with hoop earrings, crazed joyfulness and enhancements are my limit.

manleym, good to hear your weather is improving. It's been a rough go. Do you have any big plans for your birthday? It's close!

FN1 LOL about the coffee comment and ITA! I like tea okay but coffee is one of the basic food groups, isn't it??

KateTT, I'm not counting my DVDs either. My excuse is that I'm so ancient I have been collecting for many, many more years!

bee, yes, in Afterburn she does say "stalling" and yes, I needed her to stall. Those staggered pushups with the discs are killer!

Chele, natives here think 50 is cold! I always laugh when I listen to the local weather reports and they complain if it's under 70. I'm still a Pennsylvania girl at heart, and 50 is very nice for February, particularly when it's sunny!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 07:56 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yikes, FN2! Please get that leg/knee looked at if this doesn't improve soon, okay?

And your husband's comment made me laugh too because that's totally something my husband would say! Goes right along with 'It'll feel better when it stops hurting' which is always helpful, hah!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 08:51 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Yikes, FN2! Please get that leg/knee looked at if this doesn't improve soon, okay?

And your husband's comment made me laugh too because that's totally something my husband would say! Goes right along with 'It'll feel better when it stops hurting' which is always helpful, hah!
Cataddict I laughed out loud at your husband's comment. And like Kittybug, it is also something my husband would say to snap me out of a mood. I'm happy to hear you got your first vaccine. My husband's first one is set for tomorrow. I'm so happy we're moving forward.

Bee, we bought the Ingrid Romero workout today because it was Mary's deal of the day. (edited: Oh wait, I see you were commenting that Mary may have the first Ingrid Romero on the deal of the day, not the one we bought.) So you have it too? Wow, we can definitely have a little Ingrid club with you, Manleym, Kittybug and me. I'm picturing what you describe as the "cage thing" to be like something they have at my husband's gym. It's really great, actually, and I used it for getting great stretches at every imaginable position when I was there a few times. Cool beans for you! I'm glad the turbo tower went to a good home.

ChelePA I'm still stuck on DVDs and prefer them to Youtube workouts, so that's why I keep buying. But it really amazes me how many good ones are available on Youtube.

Have a great night everyone.

Last edited by Mickey12; 02-24-21 at 08:56 PM. Reason: mistake in reading Bee's post
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 09:15 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym...I am assuming you did the Growing Annanas from August 22, 2020. Thanks so much for the recommendation. As you know, not a fan of repetition or weights, but this one was perfect for me. Flew by...much to my surprise. She uses 5 kg throughout. I stuck with 10 pounds for lower body (could have probably lifted heavier on a few...but I usually try to go deeper into the move), 8 pounds for core (since I have a bruised side...long story) and used 8-15 pounds for upper body. She is more doable in the weight department for me versus Caroline. Same with Heather...more my speed. For Cathe, I decided I am going to start using the premixes that offer little to no repetition if available...therefore no dread factor for me.

Today's my day for hair max. Cataddict...loved that your husband could snap you out of your mood. Hoping you heal quickly! I remember feeling the same after my broken foot. And it took some time to get back to my current cardio level. I'm still very cautious of impact. I think I was overdoing the cardio and higher impact which led to a stress fracture then a full break. That's why I love rebounding these days. Still miss my cycling classes.

It was beautiful yesterday. My daughter, Winston and I enjoyed the sunshine. My husband had to travel to Rochester, NY to visit his mom. She is 92 years old and having several health issues. She conquered Covid a few weeks ago but I think we are seeing the after effects of this virus. She is going for surgery today. Hoping they can do it laparascopically. Otherwise, it will be a difficult road. There's so much back story to her situation. She is a cloistered nun for the last 25 years...so there are strict rules and regulations with seeing her and especially with Covid. It's been almost 2 years since he visited her. I told my husband it's now or possibly never with the way things are progressing. I'm hoping she lives to be a hundred but she is definitely declining the last few weeks. He had a chance to spend the whole day with her and see her outside the convent. A rarity. When we visit, she is behind bars...like I said...so much more to the situation. Only 1 visitor is allowed. He had to get special approval. His mom was so happy to see him.

Hope everyone has a great day!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in