Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-21, 09:55 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Day 36 Back and Bi. Good workout. Really like having the base moves - well, like might not be the right word, but I think it's great for strength and getting major movement patterns. Not looking forward to push up day coming. Or Bulgarians my nemesis.

ETA: I used 20s and 10s for this one.
Old 02-17-21, 10:14 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
EPIC Day 36 Back and Bi. Good workout. Really like having the base moves - well, like might not be the right word, but I think it's great for strength and getting major movement patterns. Not looking forward to push up day coming. Or Bulgarians my nemesis.
That is a good workout! I struggle with Bulgarians too and always go lighter on them than any other leg work.

I did the squat/press workout on the Epic 2 rotation. I worked chest hard yesterday and my shoulders were way too fatigued for all those presses. I went lighter on the presses, which meant that I had to go lighter on the squats than I could have. Wasn't crazy about the workout - mostly because of all the presses and my tired shoulders, but it was also kind of boring doing so many squats. Caroline sure is strong.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 10:38 AM  
manleym

Thanks to Bex and the thread on Precision Kettlebells, I did On Demand 30 Minute Kettlebell EMOM Workout with Precision Kettlebells on Youtube yesterday. I liked it and am curious about his other workouts and how they compare to other KB instructors/workouts. This was only 30 minutes so I added on Caroline's 20 Min Dumbbell Hiit Workout At Home | Hiit It Hard Series Day 4. I don't know why she called it HIIT because it's all weights - no cardio or jumping at all. It was a great quick, metabolic weight workout and was a perfect add-on.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 11:02 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym... thanks for posting about the Hiit It Hard Series. I did a similar workout yesterday and I really enjoyed the shorter time and using weights. I also agree it is more metabolic for me but I’m wondering if it’s more HIIT for her with the heavy weights??? Also I noticed many of the YouTube instructors calling their workouts HIIT. I was wondering if it was due to just using the timer format. Definitely not the same as Cathe.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 03:46 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Manleym... thanks for posting about the Hiit It Hard Series. I did a similar workout yesterday and I really enjoyed the shorter time and using weights. I also agree it is more metabolic for me but I’m wondering if it’s more HIIT for her with the heavy weights??? Also I noticed many of the YouTube instructors calling their workouts HIIT. I was wondering if it was due to just using the timer format. Definitely not the same as Cathe.
I was actually trying to find the one you did, ChelePA. Do you remember the name of the workout? Yes, I think heavier weights would be a HUGE difference, but when I think "HIIT" I think burpees, tuck jumps, or even low impact moves like skaters. And DEFINITELY not the same as Cathe.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 05:56 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I was actually trying to find the one you did, ChelePA. Do you remember the name of the workout? Yes, I think heavier weights would be a HUGE difference, but when I think "HIIT" I think burpees, tuck jumps, or even low impact moves like skaters. And DEFINITELY not the same as Cathe.
Posted this on our other thread. But it was the one from December 12, 2020.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 10:01 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Day 37 Legs - Bulgarian torture lunges! Started with 10s, mostly did BW. Made it through and my workout actually resembled hers - win! Will be stretching more later.
Old 02-18-21, 09:21 PM  
bex

Well I'm on the back 9 now! Yesterday was Day 26 Full Body Dumbbell Complexes, so I'm officially more than 1/2 way through EPIC.

I have to say, this one wasn't my favorite. The ten-minute complexes felt really long and I got tired of counting reps, while at the same time feeling like the weights I could hold weren't challenging enough.

But, huge breakthrough, I did every single pushup on the floor, from my toes! I lost track of how many circuits I did but I think it was 5 x 5 pushups in each!! Plus some more as part of the final minute burnout. From barely being able to do 1 pushup just 5 months ago, I absolutely can't believe how far I've come! Let's see what the second half brings.

For my warmup, I reversed my usual sequence and I think it worked better. Started with one of Mr & Mrs Muscle's full body warmup to get the blood moving and then did Caroline's more mobilization-based EPIC 2 warmup.

For stretch I found a nice 8-minute cool-down from Mike Donavanik that I'll use again.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 08:03 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Day 38 Upper Body aka pushup madness. I got through. Used weights appropriate for each exercise and push ups from my fanny lifter. Dive bombers didn't happen after all those other push ups. Didn't hate it as much as expected but didn't really like it either. I used 6.5 lbs (lat and front raises at the end) - > 25 lbs (1 for diamond presses). Mostly stayed at 10 lbs. I have been getting 5-10 min HIIT after these workouts. Rest day tomorrow. Looking for suggestions for 1 week 'off, before I start EPIC 2. Maybe a week with Anna? Shorter Caroline workouts? Or just get right to it?
Old 02-19-21, 10:00 AM  
slockhart

Hi all! I'm new here, just started Epic 1 this week. I used to be a fitness instructor and was in great shape, but since "retiring" from that, I've lacked motivation, and I'm turning 52 on Monday, so that has been messing with my mind a little and thinking I'm too old for this stuff (maybe I should be a little nicer to myself kind of thinking). But if you don't use it, you lose it! Something has clicked and I decided to give this Caroline a try! She looks amazing! But wow, day 1 and 2 were hard, and yesterday was bodyweight abs and core, which I was not a fan of. Needless to say, I feel every muscle today and that is a great feeling. I'm a little scared for the 1 hour HIIT tomorrow

Thanks for the invite to the group!
Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan, growing annanas, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle