Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-21, 03:04 PM  
Erica H.

I did Caroline's HIIT that was on her Epic 2 schedule today. I was pathetic! I made the huge mistake of not looking at the workout breakdown before doing the video. I had no idea that there would be so many burpees and getting up/down. I get dizzy easily and wasn't feeling so well during and after the workout. Plus, I was so slow getting up and down! Looking forward to her splits in the next few days.

Thanks for the recommendations for Heather and Anna!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 03:14 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Makes sense. I was hoping for an easier way.
LOL! Me too! If you figure out one let me know!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 09:08 PM  
bex

Finally took on EPIC Day 25 HIIT yesterday. I'd previewed the moves and it looked really hard, so it took me a while to psych myself up. Turns out it was just ordinary hard.

I'm actually amazed at how many pushups I managed to do as part of the variety of burpees. Then I tried adding on Caroline's pull-up workout, but even doing the beginner version I couldn't manage 1 circuit of the 3 different incline pull-ups, let alone the 2 circuits she went through. Something to work up to, just like the pushups.

For a stretch, I chose Growing Annanas' Day 21 15 Min Recovery Stretch, Yoga Workout from her 28-day challenge in Feb. It was just ok, won't add it to the favorites list.

buffmama, manleym, if you check out the 28-day challenge workouts on youtube they have a tiny bit more description of whether they're strength or cardio or whatever. But yeah, it would be helpful if she gave a little more. With Heather's you can tell more from the names.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 09:33 PM  
bex

Big congratulations to IceQueen on finishing EPIC!

Since you didn't post your workouts, how about letting us know something about the whole series? What effects did it have on you, what were some of your favorite workouts, anything else you'd like to share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
We probably should have started a new thread for February. Maybe wait till March?
You're right, let's do that. How do y'all feel about renaming it to include Heather Robertson and Growing Annanas, since many of us are mixing those in?
Old 02-16-21, 07:52 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post

Since you didn't post your workouts, how about letting us know something about the whole series? What effects did it have on you, what were some of your favorite workouts, anything else you'd like to share?

You're right, let's do that. How do y'all feel about renaming it to include Heather Robertson and Growing Annanas, since many of us are mixing those in?
Two for Tuesday was a combo of instructors. I started with a step express workout from Kat-Gates Buettner. It was an intermediate workout at 40 minutes. So I decided to add on Caroline's 15 minute standing abs using dumbbells. This one was more compound...hitting core and upper body in unison. I then noticed she had a 20 minute HIIT workout also using dumbbells and thought this would be a nice finisher for my doubles day. Loved it! No repeats and it's a full body workout. If you choose the right weights (I'm still figuring this out for Caroline), it's a very effective short workout.

I also plan on using a combo of the instructors mentioned. I would love to hear others thoughts on their workouts. I'm enjoying the variety while continuing to use my Cathe workouts in the mix.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 08:15 AM  
bex

Thanks to the YouTube instructor discussion thread, I've discovered Precision Kettlebells, which has exactly the type of KB workouts I like.

I chose their On Demand 30 Min Kettlebell EMOM Workout and found that I also love the EMOM format, and it really works with my competitive nature. I was a happy sweaty mess after 30 minutes.

Then I added on Heather Robertson's 15 Min Booty Band Workout for Strong Glutes. I started with my wide fabric band (which is supposedly medium weight, whatever that means) and was DY-ING. By the time Heather got to fire hydrants, I realized she's using an elastic band with a lot more ROM. So I stopped and switched, and finished the 2nd circuit with the easier band. It was almost too easy that way, so I'll have to keep experimenting with different band options.

Cooldown was Heather Robertson's Full Body Stretch Great for Tight Hips. It was ok but nothing special.
Old 02-16-21, 08:53 AM  
Erica H.

I did Epic 2 lunges yesterday and chest today - both were great workouts. I skipped the calf work yesterday and the ab work today.

I'm fine with adding other instructors to the check-in! I love reading about other workouts and how you like them!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 09:53 AM  
buffmama

EPIC Day 40 DB HIIT featuring squat presses. Doable but tiring, good thing that is the point. Can't imagine trying to do 2 Caroline workouts! Just adding in some cardio is challenging. I used 10lbs except for lat raises at the end when I used 6.5 lbs.
Old 02-16-21, 10:33 AM  
manleym

Quote:
buffmama, manleym, if you check out the 28-day challenge workouts on youtube they have a tiny bit more description of whether they're strength or cardio or whatever. But yeah, it would be helpful if she gave a little more. With Heather's you can tell more from the names.
Thanks for the tip Bex!

Quote:
How do y'all feel about renaming it to include Heather Robertson and Growing Annanas, since many of us are mixing those in?
Great idea! I'm all for it!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 03:23 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:

Since you didn't post your workouts, how about letting us know something about the whole series? What effects did it have on you, what were some of your favorite workouts, anything else you'd like to share
With moving to another state I was pretty bad about posting the workouts I did. I am someone who needs a set routine/schedule, but sometimes gets bored towards the end. With Epic, none of that. I looked forward to getting up and doing the workout. Did they get hard? Oh yeah. Caroline is a beast and a lot of times I couldn't keep up, but I never got frustrated. I plan on doing Epic 2, but may go back through and do Epic I again. I gained so much strength. I would have liked a little more light cardio/hiit mixed in to help burn fat. When I do again I may add that in with some of Heathers. Such a quality program, better than some you have to pay for and all for free. If she ends up charging, I will pay for a subscription. I can't even pick a favorite workout because I really liked them all (well maybe not the ones with burpees). I would recommend this program and any of her workouts.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan, growing annanas, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle