Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-20, 07:36 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I just got my results late this afternoon - negative! I am still congested, but not coughing much. I can go back to work tomorrow. Hooray!
I'll catch up tomorrow.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 09:41 PM  
Cher

Chrys, great news! Happy to hear that. Hope you start feeling better soon.

AnMrsDe, you are really making me want to signup for ID! I have money from my birthday so just thinking I might use it for this. You are right, if I did even just 2 of the workouts a month it would probably be worth it. I’m enjoying your comments for each practice you try.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 10:23 AM  
AnMrsDe

Haha, Cher, glad I could help? And, Clerkin, Yoga30for30 is an excellent program!! Haha, I read your comments in that GD thread! Something about 30 min. classes are more appealing to me than the 60 min. ones!

Yay, Chrys!! :0)

Jane, glad to see you check in! Ugh, on the stomach bug....I'm glad you're feeling better and your calf is better...you had a lot of aches and pains, literally!

Well, Ladies, I think I found my favorite Kelly workout!!!! (Yes, even more so than Amped Up Cardio)!! It is Sculpting Rx! Two workouts: 1 is heavier weights/super sets - 10 rep format and the other is lighter weights/cardio sculpting workout. Workout 2 reminds me so much of a Slim Series workout! I loved both workouts - Yahoo!!!! AND.......Kelly's cueing is GOOD!!!!!!!!

TGIF!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 02:31 PM  
tangerine

AnMrsDe, if you think Kelly's cuing is bad, try doing a Classical Stretch workout. Miranda is so flaky, goes off on random tangents all the time, forgets that we can't see her when we are bent over and gives no verbal cues to compensate, and generally doesn't provide much instruction at all. I feel like she's from the Tracy Anderson school of cuing sometimes. I really have to stop myself from ranting at her to actually cue something so I don't injure myself.

It's like 180 degrees from Linda's instruction style. I accept it though because I like Miranda in general and my body usually feels great after the workouts. Maybe it's the same with you and Kelly.

Chrys, glad to hear it's not COVID!

Jane, between your injury and Tammie's description of the DOMS after, I think I will wait a long time before getting a pilates circle. Glad you are doing better.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 05:04 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Glad you were negative for COVID19, Chrys. Now to get over whatever crud you did come down with!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 06:16 PM  
Tammie M

Chrys, what a relief! I'm glad to hear your test was negative. Hope you feel better soon.

Jane, I am glad you are feeling better now. Yes, Linda is sneaky and wicked with that Pilates ring. She fried my quads for at least a week in the barre one.

tangerine, my nomination for worst cueing from an instructor is Slyvia Wiesenberg. I can actually handle Tracy's bad or lack of cues. I have only tried Sylvia's Tonique Addicted to Movement. She provide very little cues and instruction. You have to try to watch her in these awkward positions. It was so irritating!! I know many people love her workouts, including Linda, but I can't handle no cues or instruction. I gave the dvd to my young DIL but I haven't heard what she thinks of the workouts on it. She normally does HIIT workouts on YouTube.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 05:50 AM  
Cher

Char, you made me laugh with your description of Flippin Friday!

AnMrsDe, I have Sculpting RX too. I haven’t done it in a while but remember liking it. I wish Kelly would do just a little more leg work in her workouts. There are a couple of them that have a decent amount but I find most could use a little more for me.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 10:10 AM  
T2B

Chrys - glad it’s not Covid. Hope you’re feeling better.

tangerine - I’m recording Classical Stretch and fast forwarding through it quickly to see if there’s anything I would do. Lol, so far, nothing has appealed to me. Beautiful scenery though.

Jane - now I’m really afraid of that Pilates circle. Glad you took it easy for a bit and are on the mend. Are you still working out with your hubby?

AnMrsDe - What do you think of the Cathe clip? It looks good. These are going to be perfect. I’m all about 30 minute workouts right now.

Our temps got down to 46 degrees overnight. High today will be about 70. Love!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 10:11 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
AnMrsDe, if you think Kelly's cuing is bad, try doing a Classical Stretch workout. Miranda is so flaky, goes off on random tangents all the time, forgets that we can't see her when we are bent over and gives no verbal cues to compensate, and generally doesn't provide much instruction at all. I feel like she's from the Tracy Anderson school of cuing sometimes. I really have to stop myself from ranting at her to actually cue something so I don't injure myself.

It's like 180 degrees from Linda's instruction style. I accept it though because I like Miranda in general and my body usually feels great after the workouts. Maybe it's the same with you and Kelly.
LOL, you made me chuckle! I agree, you have to know what to do when you're following a workout! Sometimes, visual cues are better for me than audio. Take Heather Robertson, for example, I know EXACTLY what to do during her workouts and she doesn't even make a peep during the whole class!! And another plus, is that I can enjoy her music, get a great workout and not get annoyed at all the talking when I'm in one of my moods!! Ahem, that was me doing Cathe's FT w/o the other day! ;0) I guess that's why I like a VARIETY of workouts, instructors, genres, etc.....but whatever works to get that workout in, it's allllll good!//How is your DD doing with the online classes---going any better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Char, you made me laugh with your description of Flippin Friday!

AnMrsDe, I have Sculpting RX too. I haven’t done it in a while but remember liking it. I wish Kelly would do just a little more leg work in her workouts. There are a couple of them that have a decent amount but I find most could use a little more for me.
CharM, me too!

Cher, Now that I have a few KCM workouts, I know to schedule a leg day elsewhere in my week. Unless, of course, "Leg" is in the title of the DVD! ;0) If you use the right poundages, SRx is a great UB fryer! I was really impressed with that Workout 2 and how much I enjoyed it! Since it's pretty short and includes the ab work, I might do it 2x thru (but w/o the ab work) and that would make it about 40 min....(Ya, I make up my own premixes, LOL! I do wish she had more choices re: the premixes in that. Usually, she's pretty good about including tons). I'm just super thankful she includes that Music on/off option!!!!

T2B, I liked Cathe's Perfect Low Impact clip - thought it looked fun!! We'll see how my back likes it during all those "get low" moves, however. Am I the only one who didn't care for the color of the clothes she picked? But that won't make a difference when I'm doing the workout, though, I'm sure! Hope work went well for you this week. Love that you can find the time to post more.

Have a great weekend, all!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 11:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I just had to share - I finally got some good news in 2020!

Two years ago I was diagnosed with moving from osteopenia to osteoporosis. I had a follow up DEXA a couple weeks ago and got the results yesterday. I'm back to osteopenia!!! I'm frankly surprised at the good news because with all things COVID I barely moved from March through June, gained 15 pounds and ate crap. But now I'm motivated to stay on course and do everything in my power to keep things going in the right direction.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts