Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-25-20, 04:12 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Skechers Shape Ups Walking DVD - 2009

Anyone have this walking DVD that appears to have been a free gift with the purchase of the once popular "rounded" sole Shape Up shoes?

it came with a Tony Little audio CD that i found at the thrift store. The previous owner must have left it in the CD case by accident.

anyway, it contains 2 nicely produced video walking workouts using the Shape Ups shoes. the instructor introduced herself as "Tammy." i can't figure out what her last name is - i tried searching on the web. the literature that you see in photos shows a woman wearing the shoes but that's not "Tammy" or "Karina" who are in the workout.

Tammy has light brown, long, highlighted hair. Tammy introduces "Karina" the other person in the walk.

The main menu shows 3 options - Intro, 15 min walk and 30 min walk.

The separate 5 min intro segment could be used as a warm-up - 2 min of showing how to balance on the shoes followed by standing stretches.

15 min walk: i haven't fully previewed the 15 min walk, but it looks basic.

The 30 min walk has somewhat light walking alternated by some decent toning moves like leg lifts, deep lunges, squats, forward bends, side lunges, calf raises, etc. this was based on my preview - i have yet to try the workout.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 07:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jeannine that's an interesting find! I'm sorry to say I have never seen this though

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 07:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Hey Linda - i vaguely remember a co-worker buying these shoes and that i wasn't interested in them.

someone here had already created tags for the shoes - i tagged this thread.

EDITED TO ADD:
here's the thread - at the top of this link, Jennifer P. posted briefly about the DVD:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=151495&page=2

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 08-26-20, 07:18 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I bought the shoes and loved them. They helped my back! But I don't remember the DVD.

The shoes are falling apart now. That's a pity because they really were some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. (I have several pair of Sketchers and wear them all the time. I've noticed their shoes aren't very durable, although the Shape Ups lasted longer than most.)
Old 08-26-20, 07:28 AM  
Demeris

I bought these shoes and wore them for several months. Then they started tweaking my knees something fierce. Later on, I received an email about a lawsuit and the possibility of getting a partial refund. I filed with the website that claimed there was a lawsuit. And about a year-and-a-half later I got a check for $34 in the mail as a partial refund for those shoes.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 08:24 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I bought those shoes for myself and my husband. I remember the DVD too but I don't think I ever did it. Will check later to see if I can find it but it may have been tossed. If I can find it, it's yours.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 11:45 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbK View Post
If I can find it, it's yours.
i have one already - it was a stowaway in a Tony Little CD.

it's a decent-looking workout. the walking moves slowly because they assume you're wearing the clodhopper/Herman Munster shoes! the toning moves are sound - lots of leg lifts, lunges, etc. i bet the weight of the shoes also provided some resistance when lifting your legs.

Old 08-26-20, 02:23 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

OK - great. I looked around and didn't find it so I'm happy you already have one.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 05:09 PM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
the walking moves slowly because they assume you're wearing the clodhopper/herman munster shoes!
ha!
Old 08-26-20, 07:20 PM  
fanofladyvols

I never tried these shoes and that thread was interesting how people's opinions were all over the place on comfortable or not.

Wonder if Jennifer kept the DVD? Oh the VF mysteries...

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skechers, skechers shape-ups