Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-20-21, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

This week so far, I have been doing Ellen Barrett's workouts. I did Core Yoga on Sunday, Lifted and Lean on Monday and Power Fusion today.

Jane P - that is a great series of workouts you are doing.

It is good to see so many Pilates devotees!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 08:06 AM  
buffmama

Today was the Girl with the Pilates Mat 30 min Pilates for Strength & Weight Loss (weight baring). Typical Rachel here. She likes her side lying leg lifts, pelvic curls - and I tune in for those and more.

Jane P - At the moment I am working out exclusively with youtube. I have pilates DVDs but most aren't in the 25 min range. One of my favorites is Element Target Tone Pilates which has 3 sections which are about that length. Last year when I saw that the yoga I was doing daily wasn't getting me where I wanted to be I added in more pilates. I was already doing abt 10-15 min of core work daily so it wasn't a big 'stretch' (but stretch me it did). Easier days can be a beginner class, stretch, body part focused, a shorter class, slower pace. I try to mix it up throughout the week. There is so much content out there and some of it is really good. Try some shorter beginner classes if you're restarting. I'm looking forward to the one I have chosen for tomorrow.
Old 04-21-21, 07:48 AM  
buffmama

Pilates & Yoga with Katja Beginners II 34 min. A little too beginner for some things as there is more explanation and therefore less exercise time of lesser intensity. I added some progression and reps in where needed but not throughout.
Old 04-21-21, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

I did a little PT w/ Jessica Valent today- hip and hamstring release.

I will probably do some more later - I find that by mid-week my back is hurting from sitting so much for work....ugh.

Donna
Old 04-21-21, 09:02 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I'm loosely following Jessica Valant's monthly template, using rebounder workouts for the cardio days.
Monday was a workout from Fayth Caruso from Bellicon Live. Fayth's workouts always incorporate a bit of pilates.
Tuesday was Jessica Valant Arms and Abs + shoulder stretch.
So far so good for the week!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 07:46 AM  
buffmama

Kait Coats Full Body Pilates No Props All Levels 24 min Great arm work - and I don't even like pilates arm work! Progression of toe taps. Really like them with thigh turned out - felt my lower abs a lot more.
Old 04-22-21, 08:16 AM  
donnamp

I did PT inspired Pilates today w/ Jessica Valent - the Herniated Disc routine is one of my go-to's!

I also did a fusion workout w/ Jessica Smith.

Gale - I think for May I'm going to go back and follow Jessica's calendar.

Buffmama - thanks for mentioning that practice, I'm going to check it out!

Donna
Old 04-22-21, 12:25 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

So today i did Kathy Smith's Pilates for Abs. I still struggle getting through the abdominal 5 without taking a break, but I was able to do a teaser. The first time I completed it, the second time my legs were shaking, and the third time I had to stop. Still I'm proud I was able to do it at all.

I also did the wall exercises from Alycea Ungaro's book. It did great things for my very stiff neck and shoulders. I'm definitely going to continue doing the wall work. I think sometimes we forget that Pilates includes standing work.
Old 04-22-21, 08:07 PM  
MathTeacher

I did Jessica Valant's Inner and outer thighs. My left thigh/hip is so tight. That made this tougher than I think it should be.
Old 04-22-21, 08:07 PM  
Pam

Yesterday I did Heidi Tejada’s ABs Unleased. Harder than it looked. My short term is do her’s Advanced DVD.