Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-20-21, 09:18 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Add On Abs and Total Stretch from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set.

Paine: How awful for your daughter's DH! Food poisoning is miserable, but usually once you get the bad stuff out of your body you do start feeling better fairly quickly.

Pat58: I agree that Good N Strong is one of the better Margarets.

Cyana: "Patio puttering" is one of my favorite occupations, and it is so soothing to the soul. I've never, ever misted my asparagus ferns! In fact, one in particular I had to severely cut back twice over the years (long story) and it has come back stronger than ever with just regular watering.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 08:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ One mile lunch walk
~ Day 5 of Kassandra's evening yoga
~ Almost 8,000 steps

The yoga was simple, basically forward bends, but it was nice. I liked the affirmation, "I am in the process of positive change."

Paine, I hope your SIL feels better soon. That is very worrisome.

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 08:55 AM  
cyana

Good Morning! Another day of dirt therapy in the books. My microbiome should be in good shape after being exposed to my native soil microbes all week. More tedious weeding remains, but I have a tool similar to this: https://www.gardenersedge.com/ground...handle/p/86203 that has made life so much better. LOVE this tool so much, next time I go to the local gardening center (where we got it), I'm going to take it with me and profess my undying love for our best garden tool purchase ever. There's an older lady who works there and I always try to check out in her lane. She and I gab about plants and she'll get a kick out of my affection for this inanimate object. Yesterday, as I was engaged in some seriously gnarly root excavation, I told DH I felt sort of like Misery from the Stephen King book, as I was swinging away - taking out my frustrations on the roots and NOT human limbs, however. DH gave me the look: "Yet another confirmation that I've been married to an alien for 41 years".

Paine - I hope your SIL is feeling much better today. Food poisoning is so unpleasant. My hairdresser had COVID back around the holidays and her illness was primarily GI versus respiratory.

Sandra - I totally agree about dirt therapy/patio puttering and the near-magical therapeutic effects. I'm anxiously watching my ginger and turmeric pots for signs of life. Good to know about the asparagus fern - I may give it another try one of these days.

Pat - I like that affirmation. I've been trying to use affirmations more often this year, along with limiting my news exposure.

Time to have my second cup of coffee, check the updated weather forecast, and plan today's dirt strategy. Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 09:46 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Unplugged #1904

My SIL was feeling so sick yesterday that he planned to take today off work but he ended up going to work this morning so he is feeling a lot better.

Cyana, I'm laughing at your microbiome comment (you are right about that!).
EDIT to add: My husband already has your favorite gardening tool. He is the one that does the majority of our gardening (which I'm thankful for because I loathe insects).
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 09:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Last night I showed my DVDs some love and concocted a nice little workout cocktail:

~ Ellen's WW 10 minute walk;
~ Kathy Smith Ageless arms workout;
~ Winsor Lower Body "Lift and Firm Glute" (yep just one)
~ 5,000 steps for the day

Paine - I am happy for your SIL that he's feeling better.

Cyana, heh heh about your replenished microbiome! I remember that series of lectures, forget the scientist's name though. There's a world of information to study there. I was intrigued by the generational connections.

Waves to one and all! Enjoy the day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 09:50 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Unplugged Episode #1905
Shiva Rhea Flow Yoga for Beginners (Relaxing Flexibility Flow practice)

Shiva's Relaxing Flexibility Flow practice is a wonderful hip, hamstring and inner thigh stretch and it felt great after Margaret's Unplugged workout.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 10:36 AM  
cyana

Quick wave - it's quiet this week. Hope everyone is well and just busy.

Ended up doing mostly mundane stuff yesterday - like get groceries. To be honest, my grumpy hips needed a break, so I just did some stretching on my own. We had to wait for the utility people to mark the location of the underground cable, as that's an area where we're going to dig up and move some existing shrubs and plant replacements. Unfortunately the guy didn't get here until late afternoon, so today should be a biggie. Eoin Finn would be proud - I've been spending lots of time in nature this week. Not nearly as exotic as Pat's and Pam's beach excursions or forest walks, but I'll take it.

Paine - I hope your DH enjoys that tool as much as I do. I normally enjoy weeding (yes, I'm weird that way), but hope to do a better job of staying on top of things this year.

Pat - I'm happy that research into the microbiome is finally becoming mainstream versus something that gets blown off as some woo woo out there pile of pooh (pun intended! ). Now you can find articles on pubmed, etc about the gut brain axis/gut brain connection. I suspect there's still much to learn.

Off to the great outdoors. Waves to ALL.

Old 04-22-21, 09:07 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Skipped a workout yesterday.

Today's Workout: Upper Body from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3.

Paine: I'm glad your SIL is doing better!

Cyana: It seems like you are enjoying your week off! Like you, my nature these days is pretty tame (most suburban tracts and small parks) -- but it is still a great break from a computer screen.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 07:04 AM  
cyana

Good Morning. It's hard to think of today in terms of the usual Happy Friday/TGIF, since my vacation is coming to a rapid close.

Yesterday was a great Earth Day. It was a beautiful day with sun, blue skies and tons of birds. Three people were doing yoga over at the park yesterday afternoon. We did major yard work - glad to have the big shrub moving/planting project behind us. I harvested 5 strawberries yesterday.

Essentrics is getting ready to start the next focused program next week - walking and and hiking. One of Pam's favorites - Maude - will be doing the live classes and Monday's class at 12 noon ET will be open to all and available for 24 hours. Since Pam likes Maude so much, I'm looking forward to doing her practice.

Waves to ALL.

Old 04-23-21, 07:24 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, sorry that your week is coming to an end; I know it always goes by too fast! I just realized that although I posted about Earth Day, I never actually went outside! Glad you got some projects done.

Sandra, my walks don't have a ton of nature either, but at least we have a small pond in our development, so I can usually see ducks and geese...and sometimes turtles.

Paine, it's always nice to find a workout pair that goes well together!

Pat, LOL about showing the DVDs some love; I was trying to do that last week. The ospreys were getting blown quite a bit by the wind yesterday!

TGIF and Happy Friday to all.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder