Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-21, 02:49 PM  
Leonana

Well, I'm doing a Fitness with PJ rotation. It's a free 15 Day rotation, and I did Day 1 today, Intense Leg and Glute Workout. It was a good workout. Believe it or not, I'm going to do something different from Jessica, lol. I just am not feeling Lift and Shift. Which tells me that perhaps slow rep, heavy weight workouts are not my thing.
Old 04-05-21, 06:42 PM  
MathTeacher

I keep hoping April will be better.

I am still dealing with my hip pain.
My Fitbit died.
I am giving standardized tests today and tomorrow.
My weight is up and up.

BUT The weather is amazing.
Old 04-05-21, 07:33 PM  
Vantreesta

MT, I'm sorry things aren't looking up yet. Do you have a diagnosis for your hip?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 10:02 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, I hope your headache and sinuses are doing better. I finally broke down and saw an ENT for the sinuses about a month ago. This past year has been the worst ever for sinuses and I kept getting infections. Anyhow, the ENT I saw was great and encouraged me to try a different OTC sinus rinse than what I'd been using and it's making a really nice difference. It's hard to know sometimes...there are so many products out there. Glad to hear your COVID test was negative. Nice to know that is not playing a role in things.

Sherry, glad to hear no reaction to your first shot.

MT, sorry the hip is still giving your problems. Did the chiro give you some guidance? I have not weighed myself in quite some time. I'm afraid I've gone up too.

I've been exercising and walking a lot. Good walking weather. The dogs are keeping me busy.

Waves to Mell. Have a good night everyone!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 01:48 PM  
Leonana

Well, I've already bailed on Fitness with PJ, lol. I didn't care for her upper body workout. Anyway, I did the Upper Body workout for Lift and Shift today. Taking a break helped me see what I did like about it. I also realized that I like using my tv/Roku a lot more than my laptop, so it made playing the workout much easier. I also lowered my weights. I was overdoing it and wearing myself out.

MT, I'm sorry about your hip pain. My weight is up too. I'm having a hard time saying no to sweets. Then dd brought home Krispy Kreme donuts. Yikes!

Katie, I have sinus problems if I breathe fragrance. I have to use fragrance free laundry detergent and no air fresheners. Sometimes I have to use the sinus rinse bottle, which I do not look forward to! What spray did your ENT recommend?

Vannie, I hope you are enjoying baseball season.
Old 04-07-21, 09:01 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 10:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Well, I've already bailed on Fitness with PJ, lol. I didn't care for her upper body workout. Anyway, I did the Upper Body workout for Lift and Shift today. Taking a break helped me see what I did like about it. I also realized that I like using my tv/Roku a lot more than my laptop, so it made playing the workout much easier. I also lowered my weights. I was overdoing it and wearing myself out.

MT, I'm sorry about your hip pain. My weight is up too. I'm having a hard time saying no to sweets. Then dd brought home Krispy Kreme donuts. Yikes!

Katie, I have sinus problems if I breathe fragrance. I have to use fragrance free laundry detergent and no air fresheners. Sometimes I have to use the sinus rinse bottle, which I do not look forward to! What spray did your ENT recommend?

Vannie, I hope you are enjoying baseball season.
Sherry, it's funny you should say that. I told my brother earlier today that I swear I love the game more every season! I am enjoying every minute! More when we win but still loving it all!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 07:08 AM  
MathTeacher

Vannie, I am all up in baseball this year. My Hogs are doing great. The Cards have already had a bench clearing. I think it was the Razorback basketball team that got me all fired up.

Mell, Snacking is my biggest problem. I really need to get that under control.

Sherry, I am glad you are having some exercise ADD. I can never make up my mind what I want to do.

Katie, Keep us posted on what the ENT has to day. I am glad you are having great weather.
Old 04-08-21, 07:47 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
Mell, Snacking is my biggest problem. I really need to get that under control.
I really need to work on snacking too. Mr Goodbars have really been my downfall recently. I also need to get brave and step on the scale.

So my ENT recommended a product called Neilmed sinus rinse. Can be found at places like Walmart. Walgreens, etc. He said the Simply Saline spray I was using just doesn't get into the sinuses. I started using the Neilmed product every day for a while since I had a cold. For the first time in a long time, the cold didn't go into a sinus infection I'm pretty sure because of the rinse. Now I'm using it maybe 3 times a week or on days I do some very dusty things. Sherry, I have problems with fragrances too as does DH. We stay clear of products like that as much as we can. I think my sinus issues are mostly related to what a dusty environment we live in. All I know is I'm breathing better than I have in a long time and I'm very grateful.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 10:09 PM  
Leonana

Katie, that's what I use, although a different brand called Sinus Cleanse. But I think it's no longer being made, so I use the Neilmed saline packets. I probably should get a new bottle. I use the saline spray for mild sinus problems, then use the Neilmed when I have a persistent headache. I tried a neti pot, but hated it. I like the bottles much better. I'm glad it worked well for you.

I had a similar issue. A couple of years ago, I could not get over a sinus infection. After taking the antibiotics, it wasn't completely gone. I started rinsing with the bottle, and it cleared up. I was kicking myself for not using the bottle sooner, I could have avoided the infection. But tbh, I hate using it! It's like getting water up my nose in the pool, lol.

Mell, I was really struggling with the snacking. If I'm stressed, I want to eat. So, I've been working on my stress levels, and that seems to be helping with the snacking.