Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-21, 02:40 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I agree, it does not seem possible that it was a year ago. I remember(possibly email?) visiting with your mom about sunsets and how beautiful they are. She described them simply as "God paints". Whenever I see one of our glorious sunsets, I always think about that and it makes me smile. Hugs and prayers Vannie!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 04:37 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Katie. Yes, Mom loved sunsets so much. My family still shares sunset pics, always thinking of Mom painting with God.

Thank you guys for remembering with me. She loved you guys and being part of this group. Sometimes she would say she should drop out bc she really didn't workout but I wouldn't let her bc I knew it was good for her. Gosh, I miss her so much.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 05:52 PM  
MathTeacher

Vannie, I can't believe it has been a year already. I miss her daily sweetness. She never complained even though she had every right to. I need to try to be more like her.
Old 04-13-21, 06:57 PM  
Vantreesta

MT, I know what you mean. Throughout her illness I just was in awe of her positive attitude and continued embracing of life, no matter how restricted life became. I am trying to love people more like she did but I will never match the example she set.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-16-21, 08:22 AM  
Catahoula Cate

We are still in Spring snow squall type weather but at least the wind isn't gusting. I've gotten some good walks in with the dogs. I've been focusing on Ravi and Ana's Posture Primer pretty much daily this week along with independent exercises. It's been a good mix. I finally got the guts to step on the scale after quite a few months. I shouldn't wait that long as I got a reality check. Up 5 lbs and I can feel it in my clothes so I'm trying to lose that. It wouldn't hurt if I added another 5 to lose on top of that.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 04-22-21, 12:38 AM  
Vantreesta

Tue 4/13 49 minutes
12 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 7 Morning Yoga for Anxiety & Stress, YT) TUE
37 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.23 mi) I hate to admit I'm tired of the cold and wind

Wed 4/14 42 minutes
42 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.97 mi)

Thu 4/15 44 minutes HELP FRIEND MOVE
44 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.84 mi)

Fri 4/16 169 minutes
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) FRI
9 minutes (from H. Clare Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT) FRI
32 minutes (from 2.81 mi for 10k trainer wk6 day3/Zombies Run S3M33) MON
8 minutes (from H. Clare Quick Post-run Yoga Routine, YT) FRI
29 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 26, YT) MON 1st time
23 minutes (from Classical Stretch S11E19 Feet & Calf Workout, TV) 1st time
55 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.87 mi)

Sat 4/17 10 minutes MOVING/ORGANIZING PARTY!!
10 minutes (from 1 dog walks .68 mi)

Sun 4/18 38 minutes
38 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.88 mi)

Mon 4/19 68 minutes
10 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 8 Full Body Stretch Wake Up Yoga, YT) MON
58 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.93 mi)

Tue 4/20 173 minutes
13 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 9 Best Morning Yoga Practice, YT) TUE
11 minutes (from M. Kenway Walking Stretches That Relieve Muscle Soreness After Walking & Hiking, YT) 1st time
15 minutes (from C. Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT) TUE
17 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 6) MON
4 minutes (from L. Brooks Push, Pull, Swing Challenge wk1 day1) MON
20 minutes (from S. McMahon WWE Fit Series-Upper Body + Flexibility) TUE 1st time
93 minutes (from 3 dog walks 5.81 mi)

Wed 4/21 142 minutes
11 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 10 Morning Yoga for Neck & Upper Back Relief, YT) WED
12 minutes (from C. Jordan Part 2 Fix Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) 1st time THU
29 minutes (from 7.13 mi on bike trainer/Ambient Through the Rainforest -Asian Forest Lane/Zombies Run S3M34) THU WOOHOO!!!
20 minutes (from J. Miller Post-Athletic Stretches -cycling)
70 minutes (from 3 dog walks 4.75 mi)

I'm 99% sure I'm just deleting the remaining 66 episodes of Classical Stretch on the DVR. I just feel so crabby every time I try them. I am not a fan of Miranda and disagree with a fair amount of what she says. Not sure why I like Essentrics and not Classical Stretch but there you have it. I know some people swear by it but there are too many workouts I enjoy to keep wasting my time (and DVR space!) on smthg I can't get into.

Old 04-22-21, 10:20 PM  
Vantreesta

Thu 4/22 161 minutes
12 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 11 Morning Yoga to Energize Your Day, YT) THU
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) WED
9 minutes (from H. Clare Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT) WED
35 minutes (from 3.02 mi for 10k trainer wk7 day1/Zombies Run S3M35) WED
8 minutes (from H. Clare Quick Post-run Yoga Routine, YT) WED
84 minutes (from 3 dog walks 5.61 mi)

Old 04-22-21, 10:32 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, Love your new avatar!

Vannie, I've looked at some youtube clips of Miranda and classical stretch and just never clicked either. I love my Essentrics Stretch and Strength dvd.

I'm still in a Ana Brett and Ravi Singh mode with their posture primer segment on one of their yoga dvd's. I'm just getting a lot of benefit from it right now.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 04-22-21, 10:44 PM  
Leonana

I did Lift and Shift for four weeks. Now, I'm doing Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 1 rotation, for the past couple of weeks. I'm feeling a little under the weather today, so took a rest day.

Katie, thanks! I thought I'd give one of the other cats the limelight, lol.

Vannie, I had one Classical Stretch dvd, for bad backs. I bought it for dh, but he never used it. I eventually got rid of it. I have done a few short CS from You Tube. But I'm the same, it's not something I really like. I'm more into traditional stretch and yoga.
Old 04-23-21, 10:44 AM  
Vantreesta

I deleted all the CS episodes from the DVR last night and felt like a weight was lifted. No more obligation to keep trying them!

I have the Essentrics barre DVD and there is one section I particularly like for my hips. I am thinking I will try to add it into the mix for PT purposes. It really works at lengthening the hip out from the socket (I doubt I explained that well), which is a great pointer my second PT gave me for doing clams and side-lying leg abductions. It's easy to forget to do it though and sink into the side, which does not help my very tight QL!

I wish PT didn't have to be an ongoing (should be daily for me) thing, but it is what it is, right? I pay for it every time I slack off.

Katie, I don't remember if you have anterior pelvic tilt, but I just signed up for the Upright Health free APT help. Just watched the first video and Matt said the worst exercises to do for it are cobra (and I would imagine also sphinx), cow and camel poses. Argh. Of course I have been doing those for years as cobra and cow are in virtually every yoga practice! I know they are backbends but didn't think about them making my APT worse bc you flow through and move out of them. Tmrw's email will share the best exercises to do. I guess I need to figure out what I should do in yoga practices instead of those poses.