Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-24, 12:21 PM  
buffmama

Smile Moving with YouTube workouts + More 2024

All are welcome.
Old 01-01-24, 12:23 PM  
buffmama

I started NML's 2 week Metcon 100. Two thumbs up. I wasn't overly ambitious
- OK, not ambitious at all but got it all done. . Holy banana count..... 1

Happy and Healthy New Year to all
Old 01-01-24, 05:58 PM  
wendug

Thanks for starting a new thread, buffmama! I hope you're feeling better. I was going to start the NML metcon challenge today, but I just wasn't in the mood for all the chatter. So I did Juliette Wooten- 40 Min. Tabata workout. This workout was just okay. I'm not a huge fan of jumping with heavier weights, and she had a bit of it using a 15 pound dumbbell. I did the moves, but it is not something I would do often. I like that Juliette has some unique moves, but not all of them are successful so I'll modify to do what works for me. I feel like I got a good workout, though.
Old 01-02-24, 09:07 AM  
buffmama

NML Retcon 100 Day 2 push ups! ugh!!!!!!!! I did elevated push ups to get through them and some were super-elevated, better that than misalignment and for some reason I didn't want to do them off my toes. ETA: Holy banana count = 1
I also did a rotational strength class with Justina Escole that had enough rows to balance out the pushing from Lindsey.
I crashed yesterday after exercising and expect I will later today too.
Old 01-02-24, 06:41 PM  
wendug

buffmama- 100 push ups is a lot- even if they are spaced out in the workout! Plus since you've been sick I bet those were tough!

I saw that Chris & Edi posted their first workout for their Build Series 2- 40 Min. Chest, Shoulders, Triceps & Core, so I wanted to give that a go. It was a tough Push workout, but I made it through. They are now adding warm-ups & cool-downs to their workouts, which is nice. This series is 10 weeks with 5 days a week workouts. I might loosely follow this, but I don't think I can handle 5 days of lifting a week, especially if the workouts are 40-60 minutes long. I'll see how it goes.
Old 01-03-24, 09:01 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post

I saw that Chris & Edi posted their first workout for their Build Series 2- 40 Min. Chest, Shoulders, Triceps & Core, so I wanted to give that a go. .
I did this one today and loved it. I substituted extra chest and triceps work for the core work and changed some of the exercises a bit to make it a perfect workout for me.

buffmama - I missed that you were sick. Hope you are feeling better.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-24, 09:47 AM  
buffmama

Thanks Erica - Happy New Year.

Metcon 100 Day 3 Lower Body - squats. Great workout. Holy banana count = 2.
Old 01-03-24, 10:33 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Thanks Erica - Happy New Year.

Metcon 100 Day 3 Lower Body - squats. Great workout. Holy banana count = 2.
Thanks. This month is going to be super tough and then I really hope things get better.

I saw the nml day 3 workout this morning and thought it looked good. Glad you liked it! I hope to try it soon.

Thanks to both of you for posting - I always enjoy reading your thoughts about the workouts you do.

Erica
Old 01-03-24, 06:15 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Chris & Edi- Build 2 Day 2- 40 Minute Complete Lower Body Workout. With the inclusion of the weight bench, I like this series better than the last for lower body work. Yay bulgarian lunges! And I'd much rather do an elevated hamstring bridge than the move where you lift the dumbbell holding it between your feet. I've dropped it a few times trying that move. Not a fan of the calf work, but I did it anyway since it was unweighted.

buffmama- Glad you like the NML metcon series so far. I will get to the workouts sometime. I do miss their warm-ups and cool-downs. I'm happy Chris & Edi have added both to their workouts, but Lyndsay's are superior with more mobility work included.

Erica- I'm glad you're popping in with your updates, too!
Old 01-04-24, 09:04 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Today's workout- Chris & Edi- Build 2 Day 2- 40 Minute Complete Lower Body Workout. With the inclusion of the weight bench, I like this series better than the last for lower body work. Yay bulgarian lunges! And I'd much rather do an elevated hamstring bridge than the move where you lift the dumbbell holding it between your feet. I've dropped it a few times trying that move. Not a fan of the calf work, but I did it anyway since it was unweighted.
I did this one today and liked it a lot. I think it's the first lower body workout I ever did from Chris/Edi. I did skip the floorwork and calf raises. Not anything special with this workout, but I really like Chris/Edi. I'll definitely do it again but it won't be a much-repeated workout. I also did a different Tiff/Dan workout: 25 Minute Dumbbell Leg Workout at Home - Squats, RDLs & Lunges It was great, but I feel like all of their lower body workouts are so similar. I do love them but they all feel like the same workout.

Erica