Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-13, 06:16 PM  
LauraBella

Glutecentric results?

I'm starting Glutecentric. It arrived yesterday! Hoorah! (Insanely fast, btw, Amazon delivered the very day after the order.) I've tried the first 10-20 days or so of Omni, but I purchased Glute after MUCH debate with myself as to which of the two (Omni/Glute) to order.

I felt my body improved while trying Omni (I def credit the cardio for some for some of that). But I couldn't honestly decide if I was an hourglass or glute....

Someone convince me I chose well! Can Glutecentric girls (or glutecentric guinea pigs, if you just decided it didn't fit you!) please chime in! How did it change your bodies?
Old 06-23-13, 08:02 PM  
Honeydew

I did the Firm a long time ago, the set with the "death box" and got, the dreaded spongebob butt , then for a long time, one glute got smaller and flatter no matter what workouts I did. I'm happy to say that smaller glute looks normal and is the same size as the other now, my butt is definitely lifted and has more shape. The "thutt" area no longer looks awful., however I am having a hard time slimming my inner/outer thighs and "love handles" those have always been a problem area for me and I"m sure if I could clean up my diet I'd see more progress in those areas. I can get my upper body into shape pretty quickly, that's the last place I gain weight, so right now it's pretty slim with some definition that wasn't there til I started TA workouts.

Have fun with it and remember that it does take time to see results.

* I do alternate TA with other workouts
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 02:15 AM  
Kathleen86

I alternate TA with other workouts too, but I do think I'm am benefiting from doing glutecentric! It's the only thing I do consistently that really gets a burn going in the glutes..I do kettlebells (Skogg) which uses glutes for swings but it doesn't feel like that much (maybe when I increase the weight.)

Anyway..dare I say it, I am wayyyy happier with how my backside looks than when I started working out consistently again almost 7 weeks ago. It's lifted up way higher, seems more toned. I'd say it's not even my problem area right now..! (when I started it was low, heavy, saggy..I tried some dresses on and it looked ridiculous!! ) I started with level 3 this time and did that 5x, level 4 5x, and will be moving on to level 5 which I will do 6x because I want to alternate starting legs. I'm working through the DVDs slower than most because I don't do it everyday and just started taking weeks 'off' where I focus more on cardio but plan on doing Tracy's youtube content and other shorter toning segments.

I also increased my overall activity a lot and made some simple diet changes, I haven't weighed yet but I lost 3" from my abs, 2" from my hipbones, 1" from widest part of hips. I'm sure weight loss in general helped my results but I'm glad I'm doing glutecentric...it is time well spent as far as I'm concerned.
Kathleen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 12:08 AM  
Kathleen86

Hoping some others who do glutecentric can chime in for you.
Kathleen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 06:59 AM  
LauraBella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen86 View Post
Hoping some others who do glutecentric can chime in for you.
Me, too. Thank you both so much, though.
Old 06-25-13, 08:01 AM  
Scbayless

I started at I think 1.2 doing both omni and glute. I found my butt perked up a lot. I'm not sure if it was just going forward but either way, TA has indeed helped my beyond imagination ugly butt.
Old 06-25-13, 10:02 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I think I am an Omni/Glute combo too.

I bought Meta Glute, tried a couples of days, hated it, and traded it. Several months later I bought Continuity Omni and LOVED it. I completed Year 1 of Continuity Omni and now I have Year 2 Omni and Glute. For 2.1, I alternated between Omni and Glute (picking the one I preferred for each level) and now I am doing Glute 2.2.

Both Omni and Glute are total body but I see a few differences:
*I think Omni is more challenging earlier on. For instance, there seems to be more plank work in Omni compared to more work on all fours in Glute. The biggest results for me so far have been in my abs and upper body (lean, lots of definition) whereas there are less changes in my lower body (improvements mainly in the side of the glutes/hips but that was never a "problem"). From what I see of Year 2, both become comparable in terms of intensity.
*I find that Glute really targets the glutes more specifically (duh). Each level seems to work the glutes from all angles, often with ankle weights. I can see how it will produce results in that area.

Experiment with Glute and maybe consider supplementing it with something else if you find it is incomplete for you. Most importantly, be consistent and give it time
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote