Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-21, 08:36 AM  
TinaT

I put up a list on the exchange and then took it down. After sleeping on it, I think I'll check out Tracie on Prime and see if I'll REALLY use her more. Is this true traders remorse, or in the moment feeling. Time will tell.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 09:39 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I'd love to hear from those who use them and are they truly intermediate?

I'm not into mountain climbers, burpees, etc.
I'm a huge Tracie fan, but now that I've had some injuries in the past few years, there's a lot that I have to modify. There are mountain climbers, burpees, etc. in her newer ones (the Sig Series and Grand Totals), and a lot of getting down on the ground and getting up. So if you have any mobility issues, this can be challenging. (Although her mobility work in the Sig Series is great!)

I would call her newer stuff (from the Metabolic Strength series onward) advanced. I would call the Longevity and Focus series intermediate (but high intermediate). There's heavier weights and more bodyweight work in the newer stuff, and I'd say there's more 4-limb cardio work in the previous stuff. Hope that makes sense. (ED to add: I'd say there's more higher impact cardio (plyo type stuff) in very short bursts in the newer stuff, but can also be modified)

I try to do one Tracie workout a week now (although I recently fell on the ice and have hurt my knee about 10 days ago, so I'll be out of commission for another week or so).
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 06:57 PM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I put up a list on the exchange and then took it down. After sleeping on it, I think I'll check out Tracie on Prime and see if I'll REALLY use her more. Is this true traders remorse, or in the moment feeling. Time will tell.
I have all 4 TLT dvds on my trade list
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 08:24 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
I have all 4 TLT dvds on my trade list
I consider the TLT ones to be truly intermediate and most resemble her Firm days.

I forgot earlier: The Yorktown ones on the ship are tough, which I think were from around that time. The Core Movements are more intermediate and I really enjoy them. Lots of mobility stretches in those.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 11:08 AM  
Cerulea

Signature Series 1 = awesome!

Coming back to this thread to report that the conversation inspired me to pick up some Tracies I didn't have -- Signature 1 and 2 -- and I really, really like Signature 1 (haven't tried 2 yet). It has mobility work, a really good compound weights section, and a nice stretch at the end. I'd put this one at advanced level if you go heavy.

I always come away from her offerings impressed with how intelligent they are. I'm seeing results in my running which I believe are attributable to the glute work.
Cerulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 11:22 AM  
TinaT

Cerulea ~ I want to like her newer releases. I need to really think about what I'm wanting and asking of my body. Burpees and mountain climbers are not in me... truly. But aside from those, I love what Tracie offers.

Thanks for reviving the thread, now I gotta go check out her routines again.

ETA: I will stick with what I have. Plenty of Tracie in my collection. But I'm glad I took a second look.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracie long