Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-22-09, 06:09 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Staying Power with Tracie Long

I did the complete workout this morning of Staying Power and really enjoyed it. Everything flowed nicely--the cardio segments, weights. The brief floor hip section had me screaming in mercy (ouch).

Staying Power uses the med ball in addition to non med ball cardio. Lots of tricep work in this one. (I'm glad as that is a trouble spot for most of us ) Tracie does a nice sequence consisting of kickbacks with a moving warrior that works the legs and then into some overhead triceps extensions. You'll also see sets of tricep pushups near the end of the workout. You will also see bicep curls, overhead presses, rows for the back, etc during weight work or intermixed with the cardio portions. I also love the way she incorporates the inner and outer thighs in most of the moves. I'm sure to feel it tomorrow! Tracie may add an inner thigh sweep or a side leg lift to the cardio, for example, to effectively tone those areas. I used light weights, as Tracie suggested, during the entire workout and still felt it!

As stated above the lower body gets a good dose of "ouch" with a brief mat sequence that will tone the glutes and outer hips. You'll also do some bridge work that really keys in on those hard to tone glutes! Tracie does a quick set of flies to work the chest to round out the body parts. You will also perform regular pushups along with those tricep pushups. Ab work is quick but tough. (bicycles and various "Tracie inspired" routines!)

The stretch was great. I didn't skip it, as I sometimes do, and was glad I didn't. You'll stretch the lower body effectively with pigeon, wide angle stretch, butterfly stretch, head to knee stretch, quad stretch and a few others including a nice twist pose.

Two thumbs up!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 09:18 AM  
pfhanna

Thanks Denise, I am wondering if the cardio is low impact or could be done low impact. I am also wondering if these will be available at Collage video?? I checked their coming soon dvd's and didn't see it. Thanks, Pam.
Old 12-22-09, 09:40 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Hi!

It was fairly mixed impact but could be made lower if needed in a few spots where she bumped it up. (walking in place instead of running, etc) I really enjoyed the workout!

I'm not sure if Collage will be carrying these or not.

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 09:59 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Thanks for the review Denise! This is definitely on my wishlist.

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 10:31 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I think I read on her forum Tracie wants to maintain control of the distribution of these workouts for now. She may sell them through Collage and other vendors later on, but I don't think she'll do it right away.
Old 12-23-09, 06:33 AM  
stacy4ft9

Thanks for the review! I got my dvd's yesterday but they are a Christmas present so I have to wait a few more days. I knew Tracie would deliver another set of great workouts. I love her .
stacy4ft9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-09, 08:07 AM  
dixie

Thanks for the review!!
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-09, 10:06 AM  
KathAL79

Thanks for the review! Sounds like the title might hold true for you, Denise.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 02:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

OLD THREAD ALERT

Q1: Should i get Leaning Out and/or Defined Lines if i like Staying Power?
Q2: Do other series by Tracie Long have premixes like the Longevity series?

very late to the Longevity party. i just acquired this and Defining Shape. have yet to do Defining Shape. I really liked Staying Power.

i started looking into the Longevity series after being a little disappointed with the Metabolic Strength series. I've always been a Tracie fan! i have her original TLTs, Firms, and original FitPrimes. the MS series was my revisit to what Tracie's more recent offerings.

between TLT and MS, i wasn't interested in anything since i was happy with using all of her old Firm workouts. after the raves about the MS series and one of Tracie's sales, i decided to try it out.

MS 1/2 is on my trade list. i wanted to like it, but it just didn't thrill me too much. I also have one of her Core Movements workouts that i haven't tried yet.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 04:09 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
OLD THREAD ALERT

Q1: Should i get Leaning Out and/or Defined Lines if i like Staying Power?
Q2: Do other series by Tracie Long have premixes like the Longevity series?

very late to the Longevity party. i just acquired this and Defining Shape. have yet to do Defining Shape. I really liked Staying Power.

i started looking into the Longevity series after being a little disappointed with the Metabolic Strength series. I've always been a Tracie fan! i have her original TLTs, Firms, and original FitPrimes. the MS series was my revisit to what Tracie's more recent offerings.

between TLT and MS, i wasn't interested in anything since i was happy with using all of her old Firm workouts. after the raves about the MS series and one of Tracie's sales, i decided to try it out.

MS 1/2 is on my trade list. i wanted to like it, but it just didn't thrill me too much. I also have one of her Core Movements workouts that i haven't tried yet.
I really like Tracie's Longevity and Focus series and reach for them more than her MS workouts. I like both Leaning Out and Defined Lines, more so than Back Up and Step Forward (from the Longevity series). And they are chaptered if you just want to do one section of the workout. On a side note, I tried one of her Core Movement workouts on YT before it was pulled and I really liked it. I have them on my wish list.

Tags
longevity, staying power, tracie long, tracie long workouts