Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Combinations, Rotations, & Modifications

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-09, 05:29 PM  
KathAL79

Muscle & Fitness Hers Micro Reps Rotation Template

You probably already know about Muscle & Fitness Hers’ Look Great in Eight rotation (copy of original article here, with the wall chart kindly copied out by Alta here), but here’s another periodization idea from their March/April 2009 article “Your Rep Range Rules”:

Micro Reps
This is a microcycle program designed to be followed for 10 weeks.

Week 1: 3-6 reps
Week 2: 8-12
Week 3: 15-25+
Week 4: 8-12
Week 5: 3-6
Week 6: 15-25+
Week 7: 8-12
Week 8: 3-6
Week 9: 8-12
Week 10: 15-25+

The idea is to shake up your normal routine by rotating through a focus on strength (1-7 reps), growth (8-12 reps), and endurance (13+). [Note: I’m just summarizing the article. I’m aware there are other ways to break these rep ranges and their results down, like Tom Venuto does here]

The intended audience is women who lift weights regularly at the gym, probably doing splits for different body parts throughout the week. But there are plenty of ways to put this into play: doing splits or total body workouts, working out at the gym or at home with videos (although the trick would be the heavy weights / low reps), using machine or barbells or dumbbells or resistance bands or body weight exercises, and so on, working with whatever type of lifting style you might favor and working out however often you prefer.

Please feel free to post how you might or have used this rotation template!

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lgi8, muscle and fitness hers