Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-20, 06:50 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Pilates Nest - Pilates for Hands and Heart - 30 minutes

This was Smriti's new March workout and it was challenging! Honestly, it was out of my league. Smriti did this move - I'll call it a Pilates Burpee - where you do rolling like a ball, come up to your feet, stand up/jump, and go right back down and do another. I'm not sure I could have ever done that, but I haven't been able to get close to something like that for at least 5 years and probably more like 10 years. Not sure I will do that one workout again.

Donna - Someone else's meal plans stress me out too - it just feels like something else that I will fail at. Heck, I even fail to stick to my own meal plans. I swear if I lived alone, I would just eat cereal for dinner most nights.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 06:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did take a walk at work and in the evening I did a practice from Trifecta - Back Mobilization (15 min). The Trifecta practice was a good one - especially after sitting all day. It is all floor work, too.

Today was:

1 Mile w/ Leslie - From Miracle Miles -for steps
Jessica Valent - Pilates for Arms & Upper Back

If the weather holds up, I will take a walk and stretch again tonight.

Carol - I hear you - I would probably eat the same thing over and over again - just easier not to think about it!! And yes, I agree - sometimes you have to take what you like and leave the rest behind on instructors (or anyone else's!) commentary.

Linda - Tracie Long?? I used to really like her stuff. I should try to do some of her workouts again...I have some of the older ones...

Christine - glad you are enjoying your workouts!!

Waves, Cheri, Brenda, Dana.....

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 09:15 AM  
cherimac

PN Lower Body Love

Carol-that was a hard workout. I modified some, too. I can only do rolling like a ball to standing if my ankles are crossed.
Old 03-03-20, 10:26 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Power Walk Tone Every Zone - 30min.
ePilates Hawaii Mat 2 - 20min
ePilates Leg Strengthening & Alignment - 12min

This month I'm following GHUTV Power Walking calendar for 4 days/week and only the workouts that are walking and strength. I don't plan to do pilates/yoga if they're on the calendar. I'm not sure if I'll last the entire month especially if the workouts start repeating themselves, but I'm hoping to stick to the calendar for at least the first 2 weeks. Most workouts are 30min long with only 1-2 that are 45min. I can do this. I really enjoyed today's Tone Every Zone.

ePilates March calendar calls for 5 workouts per week and most workouts are short. I plan to follow the calendar as close as I can because Emma's workouts make me feel so good!

Waves to all!
Old 03-03-20, 03:32 PM  
furmomof6

Faithful Workouts: Beginner Cardio/Strength
TBL: Quick Pilates Abs

Michelle had her 80 year old MIL in this video, she's so cute. The TBL workout was from Youtube.

Hi, Cheri!

Linda, my DH used to do Pilates with me and he really liked that too. He fell off the wagon, but wants to start again with Robin's challenge next week.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 05:29 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol burpees in Pilates? Every fiber in my being would have resisted that. I totally get wanting scaled down meals for yourself. I make oatmeal, a smoothie or soup when it's just me, myself and I to feed. Easy cleanup, too!

Christine your hubs did pilates with you?! That's super fantastic!! I hope he picks it back up with you. How sweet.

Dana I think you figured out a good way to mesh your pilates with that calendar. Cool. I'm having a really hard time keeping up adding my pilates at night. I'm hoping my rotation next week will leave me with some energy to add like I had been doing.

Donna yes, I do mean Tracie Long..sorry I dropped her last name. Her workouts always leave me feeling great. I remember feeling that way with Ellen too so I'm thinking it'll feel like an exercise vacay with them together

Today started with 10 MS Pilates burn segment. My notes from doing it in the past read that I thought it was a little advanced and not necessarily fun. Well my abs are stronger now but this segment is closer to intermediate rather than beginner like most 10 MS DVDs. I think it's a great quick pilates routine without the hundred and I enjoy it.
Also did Cathe Pure strength back, Xtrain rear delt bonus, 100 rep scarecrow challenge and Tamilee TBS standing stretch.

Waves to Cheri!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 05:32 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Hello!

I had a decent number of workouts last week and just never managed to get here. The week was busy, I was down a laptop since it was getting repaired... ya know, life. Now my HP is all fixed and home again (cue the angels singing! ) and everything this week has been cancelled. Except... I caught the boys' cold Sunday. Booo! So I'm resting for a few days.

Oh, and random... it took a week for my husband to "notice" my newly pierced ears ("notice" looked a lot like me pointing them out :P) and it took a week and a half for one of my boys to notice. LOL Cracks me up. I notice details like that but I know some don't. Do you?

Great workouts, everyone! And Happy March!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 06:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

Brenda hey!! Good to see you!!
Nobody notices diddly what I am doing except my kitty. She dogs me and is all up my biz

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 06:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi~

This morning I did:

Jessica Valent - Low Impact HIIT 3 - basically body weight lower body exercises.

Jessica Valent - Sciatica Routine (10 min of stretching hips, hamstrings, etc.)

Dana - that sounds like a good plan. I will have to look at that Power Walking calendar.

Christine - nice workouts. For tomorrow's active recovery day I may do one of the FW yoga programs....But, you never know what I will wake up and feel like doing tomorrow.

Linda - I will have to look through my Tracie Long DVDs and see if there are any I am up for trying!

Brenda - sorry you got sick....I hope you are feeling better. My DH doesn't seem to notice anything~

Waves Carol and Cheri!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 07:14 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I did light workouts on Tuesday after my massage:

Leslie Sansone - Walk 15: 5 Mile Walk - Mile 2 (Men's Mile) - 15 minutes;
Ellen Barrett - Sleek Side Body - 15 minutes

Donna - Good workouts! That stretch sounds nice.

Brenda - Laughing at your male family members just now "noticing" your pierced ears. Sorry you caught a cold!

Linda - I'm not exactly sure what you would call that move - Cheri said it best "rolling like a ball to standing" without using your knees or hands to get up. Just super impossible for me. Not happening, not even in my dreams. I enjoy any pilates routine without the hundred.

Christine - Nice job with your workouts!

Dana - Your plan sounds like a good one! I've got one of the GHUTV calendars already modified and ready to go once I get bored with Ellen. Like you I left out the yoga and pilates suggestions because I figure I'll get that elsewhere.

Cheri - Yes, that workout was too hard for me. One of the few - perhaps the only one - that I won't revisit.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote