Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-12-20, 08:11 AM  
buffmama

Once my foot heals my abs and a** are going to be rock hard! Going to do more seated workouts and try wearing the boot for a few days as my foot isn't where I'd want it to be. Cassey is easy to add on as she has a lot of mat work - I'm going to be surrounded by chipper!
Old 03-12-20, 11:32 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
My knees have been more cranky because of the walking to/from my sister's house plus the walks with her. I think it was a bit of too much too soon. I might have to either drive there or ride my bike there because I do think the walks are good for us both.

Sandy O
That was/is a lot of miles!

Also wanted to ask if you had any 'go to' barre/pilates workouts when your foot was healing.
Old 03-12-20, 04:54 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
That was/is a lot of miles!

Also wanted to ask if you had any 'go to' barre/pilates workouts when your foot was healing.
I don't even know that I did her workouts because I had an injury. I did a ton of hers in 2017 with a variety of rehab and workouts. For the most part all of her stuff was well thought out and good workouts. The comments from my bookmarks indicate I liked her earlier stuff more because she must have started talking way too much in the new videos for my taste. She had lots of barre workouts I did.

Here were three in a row in my bookmarks labeled freaking awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItIiFN2OLHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAJTrMSc8xE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKzK7Dq7Z0E

Here's one I did to get warmed up for runs, so not for you now. I did this so much I had it memorized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msc7nAQa4o8

Sandy O
Old 03-14-20, 08:21 AM  
buffmama

Started wearing a boot on my foot to immobilize it and am definitely less cranky. Will be doing workouts that keep me off my foot - I think a tabata with suspension trainer mt climbers has to be worked in at some point.
Old 03-15-20, 02:58 AM  
Helen

Helloooo....!!! I dropped the ball when school returned for the year, but I'm back because I have renewed determination to make it onto a Derby team. Have a bit of a nemesis (nothing serious) at training, and she's been given team-member status, but I can skate rings around her!! It's because of my shoulder injury (I'm telling myself that anyway).

So.... just going to jump in.

8th Mar - Derby Training, 2 hrs
9th Mar - Christi - Totally Hot Cardio - Section 2 + Bonus Cardio, 42min
10th Mar - Derby Training, 2 hrs
11th Mar - 6km walk/jog/run
12th Mar - Kathy - Ageless - Staying Strong - OMIT Core Mix, 58min
13th Mar - ...
14th Mar - Les Mills Body Combat 28
15th Mar - Derby Training, 2 hrs
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 07:44 AM  
SandyO

Helen, we all do what we want in this check in, so come and go as you need.

Sunday mornings we go produce shopping. People have been going crazy buying staple products in bulk, but fresh goods should be there? I wonder how long check out will take...

Sandy O
Old 03-15-20, 09:10 AM  
buffmama

Helen - I'm looking forward to hearing about derby.
Sandy - I"m dreading my next grocery shop on Tuesday. Going before that will only be worse since I think most people go over the weekend.
Vannie - No kissing the pooches if you think you've been exposed - I keep kissing my kitty and telling her I love her. As if she can stock up!

Today's workout left me feeling worked out and good without being frustrated. So pilates it is - the longer segments definitely had something to do with it as well. Hopefully total body workouts will help with some cardio effect.
Old 03-15-20, 01:08 PM  
SandyO

I survived the grocery trip. We got our regular Sunday list nothing extra. It took 20 minutes to fill our cart, then they had a line that started in aisle 3, snaked all the way to frozen, down an aisle, then all the way back to the check out, and Woodman's is BIG, so it took 30 minutes from get in line to walk out door. Efficient. They limited some items but nothing we were buying. We shop on Sundays because I make soup Monday, Tue, Fri, and Sat using the veggies bought on Sun.

Sandy O
Old 03-15-20, 07:13 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I survived the grocery trip. We got our regular Sunday list nothing extra. It took 20 minutes to fill our cart, then they had a line that started in aisle 3, snaked all the way to frozen, down an aisle, then all the way back to the check out, and Woodman's is BIG, so it took 30 minutes from get in line to walk out door. Efficient. They limited some items but nothing we were buying. We shop on Sundays because I make soup Monday, Tue, Fri, and Sat using the veggies bought on Sun.

Sandy O
Glad to hear it wasn't that bad. I don't have too much to get, like you it'll be primarily my usual haul. ETA: Love that you labeled your walk today 'short' - it's all relative!
Old 03-15-20, 08:33 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
ETA: Love that you labeled your walk today 'short' - it's all relative!
Funny. I planned to do a Barlates and a short walk, but after the extra time at the grocery, I didn't feel like a workout, so I just did a longer walk than originally planned and forgot to update the line item. Well, compared to two Sundays ago, this was short. I guess...

Sandy O