Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-06-20, 03:10 PM  
buffmama

Sorry I didn't remember it was you Vannie who did the challenge. I'll have to figure out my password for Lauren's site and take a look at these.
Old 03-06-20, 04:20 PM  
Vantreesta

No biggie, buff! How's the toe doing?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 08:30 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
No biggie, buff! How's the toe doing?
It has me crankier than usual... I may have started off too optimistic. Trying to focus on letting it heal. Thanks for asking.
Old 03-07-20, 09:13 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
It has me crankier than usual... I may have started off too optimistic. Trying to focus on letting it heal. Thanks for asking.
It's so hard to be patient! I don't blame you for feeling cranky.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-08-20, 07:57 AM  
SandyO

I walked to meet my sister for a walk. I left a bit late, so I did some jog bursts on the way. We walked on the paved path heading north. Having company and a gorgeous day meant we ended up quite a ways from home, and we had to turn around and get back... After I left her at her house, I just wanted to be done, so I did some more jog bursts. I was actually surprised that the jogging felt pretty good. It was only about 3-4 one minute segments on the way out and 2-3 90 second segments on the way home, but for 11 miles total on the day, any jogging at the end is impressive to me. She had 8 miles for the day which was probably too much for her first walk of the year, but she is ready for the next time, but she said we can't go that far again for a while.

Sandy O
Old 03-09-20, 07:11 AM  
Vantreesta

Glad you enjoyed your walk, Sandy! It was a gorgeous day for it.

We were at my in-laws' the last several days. Hoping today for a long walk with Cyric and some kind of fun workout plus laundry and I suppose getting a grocery list together.

Old 03-09-20, 06:09 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I did Minna Lessig's Fat Eliminator. This is six 4-minute circuits of strength then cardio. I haven't worked out in a few weeks and was surprised how much this got my heart rate up. I have always loved Minna and this was perfect for me today. Cyric and I walked just over 4 miles before the workout and I did Slim & Limber after it.

Old 03-10-20, 05:57 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I did Happy Yoga with Sarah Starr S1E2 and Classical Stretch S11E3. I have major DOMS from yesterday so I just wanted some easy movement.

I don't even have my weeks set up for this month and haven't updated February, maybe even January.

Old 03-11-20, 05:34 PM  
buffmama

Found some yoga for hurt feet/legs that I added to my to do list. Caroline Jordan keeps talking about how healing is the most important thing, so that is good for me to hear. Thinking about more pilates, especially the longer practices I don't usually get to, since that should be foot friendly. But I feel like beating something up, so I will rotate in some boxing. Watching buffboy's track last weekend made me want to run - until I was exhausted just from watching!
Old 03-12-20, 07:47 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Found some yoga for hurt feet/legs that I added to my to do list. Caroline Jordan keeps talking about how healing is the most important thing, so that is good for me to hear. Thinking about more pilates, especially the longer practices I don't usually get to, since that should be foot friendly. But I feel like beating something up, so I will rotate in some boxing. Watching buffboy's track last weekend made me want to run - until I was exhausted just from watching!
Caroline has a ton of foot friendly workouts. I did a lot of her stuff a couple of years ago. Her personality is a bit too chipper for me. Funny because I like Cassey Ho.

My knees have been more cranky because of the walking to/from my sister's house plus the walks with her. I think it was a bit of too much too soon. I might have to either drive there or ride my bike there because I do think the walks are good for us both.

Sandy O