Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-20, 09:35 PM  
fanofladyvols

ChelePA no worries in how you post...everyone has their own style. Just post Chele style when you can

Taiga Did someone yell Marco Taiga? Cuz she sure answered Polo loud and clear!! What a wonderful post!! Thanks for all that wonderful information

kittybug anytime I read and one of you is doing something I have I will rearrange and try to do it as well. I totally understand what you were saying about STS and the math talk. As soon as I hear that my eyes glaze and I just say ugh.guess I'll never get STS. So funny you posted exactly how I feel...bet other people feel that way, too. And a tennis ball feels so good on my feet. I mindless do it when I read sometimes....For some reason if my low back feels sore it helps it feel better..weird huh?

manley I have KCM body shop..is it an endurance workout when you do both. Do you lift lighter?

cataddict a kickboxing workout that's 57 minutes? That takes me back to Janis Saffell days

bee I'm glad you posted that question.

Well I did Cathe's Bootcamp today but Linda-fied it. First I did with a different warmup, then I did the Abs only premix, then I did the lower-upper only premix, then I did the cardio only premix.
What was cool about it is the lower/upper only premix is sequenced PHA style...so good!
The cardio only premix is full steam ahead constantly ...water breaks barely. The only problem is it drops off instantly from the knee smashers to a stretch. So I had to pause and hop on my elliptical a few minutes to get my HR down to stretch.
I doubt I ever do the workout as intended because intermingling all those elements I wouldn't enjoy. Big good sweat.

Sending you all healthy thoughts and wishes for your continued Fierceness...you, Fitness Goddesses!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 04:29 AM  
ChelePA

Ice Chiseled Upper Body with abs #2. Modified as needed.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 11:27 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Well, another Monday! The weekends still fly by even though I'm not working. And I HATE not working! I am such a creature of habit and I need my routine back.
I am able to fit in slightly longer workouts now and can also fit in more meditation and longer Yoga practices too. So not totally wasted time.

bee: Is it possible to order some groceries? I'm very rural too and will probably have to go to the store this weekend. Stay safe!
As far as your leg workouts, I'd keep doing them all unweighted for a while to build up strength. Then maybe start adding some lighter weights. I bet that would help get you back up to speed. And make sure you stretch enough too.

ChelePA: GO GIRL! I love how you are modifying. No way I'd totally miss out on my workouts, regardless of injury. But I'm not a very good patient either. Hang in there. You could do the Upper Body weights premix from 4DS. Many moves are done sitting.
And hey, reply however you want and have time for. If it's just a checkin and wave, that's all good!

cataddict: I agree with you regarding farm fresh eggs! Big perk of being rural!
Sounds like some good Live workouts for you! I'd love to resubscribe some day.
I'm also trying to do all my Cathe's in the order they were released but like with 4DS sometimes I just have to skip around a bit.

kittybug: Michelle's workouts can be humbling for me because I have no choice but to go lighter with my weights. GREAT workouts!
I LOVE STS Total Body! Of course the whole STS set is fantastic but that one is really a good workout!

Linda: I have Bootcamp, Muscle Endurance and Cardio & Weights on my rotation starting next week. I LOVE ME and must say I've never even done C&W! Looking forward to it.

Taiga: GREAT info!! Love the detail you shared! Thank you!

manleym: I really liked 4DS Kickbox. Tomorrow I'm going to do the Cardio Power mix (kb and bootcamp cardio). Eoin is my all-time favorite Yoga instructor. I love lots of them, but Eoin is the most chill and I love his stuff!

Ok, so this week started off with 4DS All Upper Weights premix. LOVED IT!!!! Although there is no warmup or cooldown, it's a nice long 66 minute detailed upper body workout. As far as I could tell, nothing is skipped from the main workouts. After tomorrow and the 4DS Cardio Power premix, I'll be moving on to the next ones on the list.

I also have to say that I liked 4DS much better than Cross Train Xpress. Better exercises, heavier lifting and lots of fun cardio! And to think I avoided 4DS because I thought I didn't like splits way back when. I do now.

Staying well. Haven't left my house since Friday 21st except for going outside. The only people we have been in semi-contact with is the mail lady and we just wave from a distance. Hubby went out to the mailbox with gloves on, just to be safe. I usually save boxes and envelopes to reuse but I've been throwing everything out lately.
So far we have enough food, tp, etc. Never did find any hand sanitizer but I'm not sweating that one. No disinfectant wipes either but I had some already, thank goodness. Plus bleach and other lysol cleaners. Whew.

I sure hope this passes quickly although I'm not getting my hopes up. Could be a long spring so hope you all keep your heads up and remain fierce and positive!

Have a great week!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 12:36 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Friends. I am soooo happy this morning! All because of that game of Marco Taiga. Those videos are excellent! I really like the Guerrilla Zen guy and the exercises/foam rolling he had. I did some this morning and yes, I definitely have a glute problem and yes, that rolling between exercises really helps!! That second video with the importance of proper hip placement/flexion is a big part of what I did in PT and it's definitely key for me not having the odd sensations running down my leg (sort of a numbness, sort of a cold sensation). And that last woman was a wealth of information but I think I need to start with smaller chunks like the Zen guy had and work my way up to her stuff. I did some of her banded bridges and my glutes almost immediately cramped up -- no my hamstrings, but my glutes. At any rate, enough on that.... except, a huge thank you to Taiga!!

My workout was PUB -- I like that one -- no nonsense. I think I may stick with glute work for the next couple of weeks, and then keep on with the non weighted stuff, or lighter weights for my legs. I am going to try to do a little bit of that work every day to build up some strength. Oh, look, there I am on that topic again.

KateTT, I've been ordering non-perishables, but we are so far out that nobody delivers perishables to us. (though we have plenty of meat thanks to Butcher Box) We did have a friend pick up some milk for us yesterday, and booze. I have a really long list for a trip to Costco and people are reporting that our local costco is not bad -- they are doing great crowd control, they're pretty well stocked and the wait to get in is not too long at certain times of the day. We haven't been out since the 19th.

Linda, I love your "premix" on Bootcamp -- so cool to know that the weights portion is like PHA since I love those workouts. I will try that sometime!!

kittybug, interesting to see your comments about STS TB. That is one I never ordered. I have STS, and I've been tempted on the TB but every time I look at clips I see all that equipment around and I get turned off. Sometimes I hate having to pull out all the stuff. Glad to see you enjoyed it!
Old 03-30-20, 02:45 PM  
Mickey12

Wow, there are a lot of Cathe workouts being mentioned for the rotations this week. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with you guys. I think I will do STS Total Body tonight and some time this week I'll do Cardio and Weights.

During my lunch break today I did Madeleine Lewis Get Moving Walking for Weight Loss. Others posed about it on another thread and it reminded me of it. I love VF! It's filmed outside (which I love) and it's a short, pleasant, moderate workout.

Last night I did Blissology total body with Eoin. Nice, easy work with lots of good vibes. Everyone hugs at the end and it made me tear up.

I love reading these posts so much; I look forward to them every day. Stay healthy, everyone. I think about you all a lot.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 03:45 PM  
manleym

Kittybug, you're making me want to do STS Total Body! I've done it a few times, but it's been awhile. I'm glad you liked it! I'm trying to decide between STS TB or LB today. Hmmm.....

And like you and Fanofladyvols, I don't do the one rep thing. When Cathe starts into that, I just hear Charlie Brown's teacher!!

Fanofladyvols, yes, KCM body shop is endurance when you do the premix that has both workouts. I used 8's or 10's for most if the workout. Might have used a 12 here and there, but majority of the time I was using 10's.

Love how you "Linda-fied" BC! Good to know that the lower/upper premix is PHA style! I like PHA workouts, so I need to add a note to try that premix.

ChelePA we love your style! Keep posting!!

KateTT I LOVE Cardio Power! One of my fav cardio workouts! Hope you liked it!

Eoin is new to me but I'm really enjoying him! He's funny and a goof ball (imaginary hammocks for my eyeballs, etc.) and I love the scenery.

Isn't 4DS upper premix FABULOUS! I don't think anything was skipped either but couldn't remember. Such a GREAT series!!

I'm glad you're doing well. Like you, we're hunkered down and not going out. I haven't been to a store since 3/20. May have to venture out this weekend or try an online order for delivery. I think we're in for the long haul too.

Kim I may have to try Blissology TB next! How long is it? I like my yoga to be 30-45 minutes, as an add on.

Off to workout!! Hugs my friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 05:27 PM  
Mickey12

Manley, Blissology total body is 45 minutes or you can do the quickie workout which is about 30 minutes. Each of the Blissoloy workouts are about that length and each one has the option of the quickie version. It’s a great series but it’s not overly strenuous. It was just what I was looking for last night. I love Eoin.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 05:45 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Manley, Blissology total body is 45 minutes or you can do the quickie workout which is about 30 minutes. Each of the Blissoloy workouts are about that length and each one has the option of the quickie version. It’s a great series but it’s not overly strenuous. It was just what I was looking for last night. I love Eoin.

Kim
YAY! Thanks Kim! I think I've done 2 of them - this is the set that has a yoga practice each day of the week, correct? I have Blissology, but obviously haven't explored them that much. This sounds perfect!

Just finished STS Total Body. Time flew by! I had forgotten Cathe uses gliding discs, which I like! Kittybug, agree that there is a metabolic factor since the tempo of reps is fairly high/quick and there's no rest during a tri-set. Cathe moves from one move to another, so there is a metabolic effect. This would be great if you need to do a split too. I think you could get a very comprehensive workout either through splits or obviously total body.

Hugs my friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 05:52 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Have I mentioned how much I'm loving this group and check-in? You all are keeping me going! I honestly didn't think I had the energy today for Intensity...been so distracted and anxious lately and not sleeping well! Plus I'm pretty sore from STS Total Body, in a good way, but pretty darn sore.

But then I thought of everyone else who was fierce today, so I put on my Wonder Woman britches and pulled my step out. I think I'm still red faced and sweating even though I finished over an hour ago! I even took my time clearing my step away for the second part! Intensity is TOUGH! I've mostly used the step only portion of this workout, having done the entire thing plus the bonus footage one time, because I always feel ready to be done after the step portion! But I pushed myself and got through it and feel so accomplished now and so much better!

Bee and Fanofladyvols, YES!! I took one look at all that equipment in STS and that intimidated me too, plus the math made my eyes glaze over just like you described! I'm just glad to know you don't have to do math and you don't have to have all that equipment to get a great workout! Manleym, you know you wanna do STS TB, hah!

And I'm not listening to people talking about KCM...I do not need (nor can afford) anymore workouts right now!!!

Awww, Kim, I adore Eoin...I haven't used his practices in years but he holds a seriously special place in my heart!! I got through some rough times in my life with Power Yoga for Happiness volume 2.

KateTT, YES, Michelle's workouts are seriously humbling! That is the perfect word for when 5's, 8's, and 12's feel more like 12's, 15's, and 20's!! And of course, I'm sadistic enough to love them.

ChelePA, I recently got that upper body workout and can't wait to get to it to try it out! Also curious (sorry I keep asking you questions) if you're allowed to do non-weighted floor work for lower body, stuff like leg lifts and all? That might be asking too much of your foot. We don't want any displaced bones! Just trying to think of things you can do!

Thank you, my fierce friends, for keeping me going in these hard times. I appreciate each and every one of you. Stay strong, healthy, and fierce!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 05:53 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yay !!! We were posting at the same time...but I'm sure you heard me cheering you on to do STS TB!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in