Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-25-20, 12:13 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Thanks so much for responding, Carol! That does help a lot. Of course, now I want to order the DVDs!

I’m in my fourth week of a Kathy Smith Project You rotation and I’m enjoying it very much, but of course I’m looking for what to do after I finish the program, which I really want to stick to this time.

Thanks again,
Sue
If streaming is available to you, you can do the program that way. You can get a year's "premium" membership at Get Healthy U TV for $10 using the code CHRIS10. You don't need to get the Gold membership to do the Walk Sweat and Sculpt calendar. If you join today, it's only a $1 for the year: https://go.gethealthyutv.com/c20873/...DfNfaKBL_nWDiE

If you want the Gold membership, here's a code CHRISGOLD20 for $20 a year. I don't know if that includes the premium workouts or not.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 01:47 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
Please let us know how the pita bread works out - I've been wanting to try that!
The pita bread turned out great! Much better than my first try. It went well with my home made hummus. I forgot how much better home made hummus is compared to store bought. I even used dried chick peas instead of canned. Yum!
Old 03-25-20, 06:34 PM  
Floren

Impressive to make it from dried chick peas. Sounds like it was all well worth the effort, glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
The pita bread turned out great! Much better than my first try. It went well with my home made hummus. I forgot how much better home made hummus is compared to store bought. I even used dried chick peas instead of canned. Yum!
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 08:01 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
Impressive to make it from dried chick peas. Sounds like it was all well worth the effort, glad you enjoyed it!
It's nice to know I can make things from scratch when needed. NPR had a story about what people are making during self isolation and someone emailed "microwaved cheese slice with bbq sauce." Oh my! I couldn't imagine being that helpless in the kitchen! I think this plays into why it is so hard to find eggs. Even those that can't cook can fry or scramble an egg.
Old 03-25-20, 08:20 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
It's nice to know I can make things from scratch when needed. NPR had a story about what people are making during self isolation and someone emailed "microwaved cheese slice with bbq sauce." Oh my! I couldn't imagine being that helpless in the kitchen! I think this plays into why it is so hard to find eggs. Even those that can't cook can fry or scramble an egg.
LOL, I get around all right in the kitchen, but yesterday I made some homemade yeast rolls that, as my 11 yr old said, "taste like play-dough." (I usually buy them frozen but I was "pantry shopping" and thought I could make it happen; apparently I was wrong.)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 09:01 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
LOL, I get around all right in the kitchen, but yesterday I made some homemade yeast rolls that, as my 11 yr old said, "taste like play-dough." (I usually buy them frozen but I was "pantry shopping" and thought I could make it happen; apparently I was wrong.)
Kids are so honest it can be harsh! Yeah. I've had batches of things that don't quite turn out as planned. But I don't let that deter me and I try again. Luckily bread ingredients don't cost much!
Old 03-26-20, 08:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I laughed the other day when I snuck into the grocery store and saw that all the Pillsbury items in the whack open containers were gone.

All of the 8 oz. cans of plain tomato sauce were gone too, and a lady was standing in front of the empty display staring at it as if some would magically appear.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 08:45 AM  
alisoncooks

We're not into puzzles (I know lots are passing the time doing them) but my girls and I love "tiny things." I just received this, for us to work on together:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...t_b_prod_image

(I bought from a 3rd party seller. Amazon wouldn't be able to deliver it until late APRIL!) Hopefully it'll be fun and not frustrating!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 12:34 AM  
Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
We are 5 episodes into Four Weddings and a Funeral and it’s so good! I want to watch them all but I want to save them too. I love how the story pivots in a different direction than what I expected. We watched the Love Chalet episode last night and it was a great episode of TV. “I’m a Virgo by birth but identity as a Gemini” has Mindy written all over it. It sounds like something that Kelly would have said.

Thanks so much for the recommendation! I really needed a fun smart show to watch right now.

Jane
Yay! Mindy is such a smart writer, that's what I like about her. Her books crack me up!
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 07:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Please don't beat me up for saying it, but again I attended my WW via Zoom on Saturday. It was good to see the gang and see everyone is still standing.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19