Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-28-20, 10:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quick hello everyone, just attended my virtual WW meeting and feel a little more motivated. I've been in mope mode, started antibiotics for a sinus infection.

I made myself get out Jane Fonda's Easy Going Workout, f/k/a Prime Time. Did the warmups, barre, cardio portion and post cardio stretch. I had to keep it super low impact but it felt good to accomplish something. Contemplating what to do for the rest of the weekend.

Be well everyone, I'll check back later but hi to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 11:06 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, I am sorry about the sinus infection. They are miserable. I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly.

I have had to take a few rest days (sigh....dancing is my sanity saver!) I was on a planned rest day on Wednesday, and Wednesday night we went to Lowe's for the new washer, and then went next door into BJ's for a few things. I guess a lot of walking on those concrete floors bothered me because I ended up with pain from my right inner thigh all the way down the bottom of my foot. I rested and elevated it and used ice on Thursday. By Friday afternoon it felt a lot better, but I am being very cautious. I may try very gentle cardio tomorrow and some yoga if I can.

I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected. I am doing some cleaning today and then will relax with books and music and tv.......

It was my DH's birthday yesterday. He had planned to take off work, but since we can't go anywhere he ended up working. I made homemade pizza and an eight inch pan of brownies (our son will easily clear off many of those!) He didn't want a cake. What a crappy time for a birthday.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 08:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s movement:
~Neighborhood walk
~Ellen’s Modern Interval - Need to use Ellen’s site more before my subscription runs out next week. This was longer than I prefer at 45 min, but I did enjoy it. It was a bit shoulder intensive, hence my yoga choice after.
~MFML: Shoulder & Wrist Love

Pat - Hope your sinuses clear soon, (((hugs))).

Sherry - Hope you’re feeling better too. Yes, sadly this is not a time for big birthday celebrations, we missed our granddaughter’s birthday last Sunday.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 08:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I had a very nice walk yesterday. I did some organizing, laundry, etc., started a new book. It began raining in the afternoon, but not heavily, so I drove to the beach and had a nice long walk. Wildlife was sparse, just the usual gulls, but it was peaceful.

I'll probably make a soup today, and some pantry lunches. I need groceries but didn't wake up in time for senior shopping hour this morning, drat. I need to stock up. Indications where I live are that we're going to be hit hard this week or next.

One day at a time, one day at a time ....
Old 03-29-20, 01:37 PM  
cyana

Hope everyone is doing well. I spent all yesterday afternoon working in my yard, trying to rip out some of the weeds on steroids and do a little pruning (most assuredly not a one day job). As a result, my arms are a bit sunburned, so I think my outdoor travels will be limited to a short walk. I'm also going to do some yoga and qi gong.

I heard a loud squawking outside my office window this morning and when I got to the window, could see a crow in the house finch nest on my front porch. I ran to the door to chase it off, but suspect the crow ate the finch eggs. I never see crows close to my house.....I can only guess the crow was watching mom and dad and figured out they were taking care of a nest. Mother Nature can be a cruel girl sometimes. I'll miss the happy little finch songs and just when it looked like my hapless nest builders finally got it right this year.

On a positive note, I found three little green strawberries on one of my plants. Now to see who gets there first once they're ripe - the birds, the squirrels or the human.

Pam - I'm glad you mentioned, Jackie - I was going to ask if you'd heard from her. I'm going to have to look up Shoulder and Wrist Love, as my shoulder was feeling a bit unhappy after the afternoon of yard work.

Pat - I'm so happy Mr. Handsome Merganser has found a mate. Hope the antibiotics have kicked in to help with your sinus infection. I'm glad you found some motivation after the virtual WW meeting - please feel free to send some my way as I surely had a major deficit in that department this month.

Sherry - Hopefully your new washer arrived safely. What a time to lose a major appliance. I hope your DH had a nice birthday. DH and I ate veggie burgers at home recently for our anniversary.

Kate - I had to chuckle at the name "Geriatric Flow", but not surprised that Bryan would come up with that. I'm always up for some long holds. I used to go to a local Basic Yoga class where the instructor (who also taught yin) did flow at such a lovely pace with long holds....I was so sad when he relocated out of state.

Must run.....the litter box needs to be scrubbed out and I need some physical activity!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 04:20 PM  
sherry7899

Pat, how are you feeling? I hope you are feeling better. That is great they can do virtual meetings for WW.

Cyana, happy to see you posting! Mmm...fresh strawberries!
Yes, I posted in GD that our washer arrived safely. Lowe's called the night before and said they would come between 9 am and 1pm. They called at 8:30 am on Friday that they would be coming soon. They arrived by 8:55 and had it installed by 9:10 am! We had them haul the old one to the curb, and someone took it within 24 hours.

My DH did not have the best birthday-we are all in lousy moods...happy anniversary!

Pam, you are doing wonderfully with your workouts. How is your toe healing?

Kate, sending you more hugs!

I hope Margot is doing well. Hugs to Jackie if you're reading!

I finally got back to exercising this morning.

Soul Sweat with Lucy-More Joy-55 minutes
Yoga Upload-morning yoga practice/meditation-10 minutes

I am struggling with cardio. My energy level is very low for cardio. I am fine the rest of the day.

My DH is extra cranky....does anyone else's husband move stuff around without telling you, and then get cranky when you can't find whatever it was?
I needed an old towel to put on top of the new washer. I can't leave food out to cool on out kitchen counters because our cats are jumpers. I put them on the top of cooling racks on top of old towels on our washer and dryer. Our laundry room is on the main level of our house. Anyway, I could not find the old towels we keep in the garage. My DH said they were on a shelf, and I did not see them anywhere. He got all pissed , came to the garage and realized he had moved them to a different shelf that had a large folding table leaning against it, totally blocking the view of the towels. Sigh.....

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 09:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s activities....
~6 km trail walk
~Essentrics Precho 10 - standing half. I’m teaching this as a short 30 class on Zoom tomorrow morning
~headstand
~My own yin, about an hour....forward bends, gentle back bends, shoulder openers, chest openers, hip openers.

Cyana - Aw so sad the crows went for the finch eggs. Nice to get out in your garden though & find those strawberries!

Sherry - Glad your new washer arrived and is all set up! I hope you get your cardio mojo back. My cardio has been mostly outside, walks with lots of hills. We are fortunate to live where it’s not densely populated and social distancing outside is easily accomplished.

Pat - Are your sinuses clearing up? Hope so & I hope your neck of the woods doesn’t get hit hard with the virus. Sending you healing vibes & (((hugs))).

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 03-30-20, 08:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yesterday was all about reading, tea, napping and then I did a Glo practice, Open Your Spine and Reinvigorate with Felicia Tomasko. Afterward I put on some meditation music and did my floor PT. My head is still too packed to do much else then walking or gentle cardio or on the back yoga.

Oh yeah - I keep forgetting to mention that I've been enjoying lovely meditations at least once per day on Glo.

Pam - things are starting to get better, way better than last week! Enjoy teaching your Zoom class tomorrow. What a savior Zoom has turned out to be, huh?

Good to hear your washer arrived Sherry. Did you spray it to death with Lysol? Husbands - mine decided to start rearranging my kitchen instead of tending to all the chores on his list. We had a nice argument about it when I got home from work Friday and discovered it.

Cyana oh no about the eggs. It's the cycle of life but so sad to see. Congratulations on getting the first sunburn of the year and some mental health time in the garden.

Kate - OMG - Geriatric Flow. Sounds like something for me but then the actual practice doesn't quite sound so easy.

Good to see you all here. Stay well ladies. _/\_
Old 03-30-20, 07:38 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s activities:
~Taught a 30 min all standing Essentrics class on zoom
~Did Jackie’s floor Essentrics workout on zoom
~5 km trail walk
~15 min Walk at Home w/o on Instagram - I was perusing IG & this popped up live so why not? It was fun, led by Nick one of Leslie’s regulars.
~ MFML: Twist into Joy - This was nice, I liked it but didn’t love it. The twists were mainly seated, a few were lunged based. No reclined twists which are my faves, but some interesting variations I haven’t done before.

Pat - Oh your Glo practice & meditation sound lovely! I’m glad you are feeling better and I agree that Zoom is a savior for fitness & just connecting. I agree that Bryan K’s geriatric flow might not be so easy, lol. Although I am working my feet more now, I know repetitive sun sals are not something my recovering toe would be happy with!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 03-30-20, 08:09 PM  
cyana

Today:
MFML - Release Tension - Joo Teoh
30 minute body weight work-out

The body weight work-out was one designed by a trainer at my employer's fitness center. Holy crap, that thing was tough!!

Sherry - DH is famous for walking in and saying "Have you seen XXX? I know I saw it recently and it seems to have disappeared." (insert face palm emoji here!) What kind of washer did you get?

Pam - I would've traded sitting at a computer for a trail walk in a New York minute today!

Pat - Reading, tea and napping sounds like a wonderfully therapeutic day. Hope you felt rejuvenated today.

Waves to Kate, Margot and Jackie.

Sleep well.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote