Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-29-20, 05:06 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Hi! I hope everyone is well. My wrists are less painful after two cortisone injections in each one and wearing braces as often as possible. They'll never get better, only worse, but as long as I don't hold the tablet the pain is manageable. I can finally do something besides squats and lunges. I'm still seeing the man once or twice a month as his schedule allows. It's been 5 months and is getting serious. I hope he stays healthy. I did a Leslie video a week ago. I thought she might not hurt my hips like she used to but she did.

Today I did Older Wiser Wonderful Easy Does It. It was cardio with a little strength training and stretching. Sue used to get on my nerves but she grew on me and I like her.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 05:42 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Hi Linda! Great to see you again!
I'm fine so far, hunkering at home. My DD works in a grocery store. On the plus side, I don't have to out for groceries since she brings them home. Minus side, I worry about her health risks.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 06:12 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Linda It's great to see you!

Lynn DH seems to be doing better. No he doesn't walk with me. My friend does and then another church member who lives around the corner from me.

Check-In: Pulling weeds, planting Lantana, and 30 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 06:53 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Cynthia, hi! I hope your daughter stays healthy while working. Because I have chronic pancreatitis my food choices are extremely limited. I usually buy everything online at Costco and Walmart. I haven't been in a grocery store since mid-December. My friend sometimes brings fresh fruit for me but my body works better with cooked fruit aka canned. Like you, it's easy for me to self-isolate. I'm always alone. When the guys start mowing this week I'll put the check outside so they don't need to come in.

Hi Diana! I read this month's thread. I'm not sure what's going on at your shop but good luck with it.

Cheryl, hi! I'm glad you took the house off the market for awhile. You need the comfort of familiar surroundings. The house across the road from me is for sale. I haven't seen anyone looking at it but I don't sit at a window watching it.

Hi Lynn, I'm glad your son is home with you. And glad he's healthy. Sorry to hear about your parents though. My friend is a corrections officer in a state prison. The prison stopped visitors from coming quite awhile ago. The only ones that might bring in germs are the corrections officers and food suppliers.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 07:02 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Pick Your Level Pilates w/ Ellen Barrett. Recently re-acquired. I had it years ago but I guess I didn't like it. I do now. I did the advanced level and broke a sweat.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 07:20 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Jessica's Steady State Cardio and took a mile walk. I have plenty of steps today. It was supposed to be a rest day on my rotation, so this was just gentle movement. Also did a little bike riding with DD.

Linda, great to see you! I'm glad to hear that you're ok and getting all the stuff you need. Sorry to hear about the wrist pain. I really hope it does improve.

Lynn, I love blondies. I made banana bread yesterday, so that's our sweet at the moment! Our house got a bit dirty for me, so it was standard cleaning. If this is our world for now, I don't want to look at dirt on the floors all day, lol. There's been so much pollen here too.

Cynthia, I'm going to try out that cake recipe with DD. I know we will love it.

Diana, I'm going to be pulling weeds over the next few days too. The weed (and bug) situation gets out of control this time of year! A bee or something dreadful flew up my jeans leg while I was sitting on the deck this morning and stung/bit my ankle. It was awful - I felt it in there and I couldn't get it out. It finally got out somehow but left its mark. What a nightmare!

Cheryl
Old 03-29-20, 07:53 PM  
Diana3271

Cheryl Ouch that sounds scary. I think the pants would have come off. LOL I was at a Serpentarium when I was a kid and this very large man started screaming, dancing around, and then dropped his pants. He felt something up his pants leg and thought it was a snake. LOL

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-30-20, 07:09 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, a great start to your week and stay healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-30-20, 03:30 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes. Things have improved over there. They just posted 7 classes filmed at studio classes, which look like fun. I guess with studios closing they wanted to give people a studio experience. Nice idea. And with their master teachers, so especially nice. Everything going along fine here -- all three of us sharing an office together gets a bit interesting at times, but we are hanging in there. Just saw our state is in the bottom 5 for people distancing as rated by cell phones, but we are doing our part. I will do some yoga next, trying to keep up with that as well.

Linda, so good to hear from you and glad you are doing ok. Also glad to hear things are going so well with your guy, but sorry that you aren't able to see him more often.

Cheryl, yikes, sorry about the bee. Hope you don't have any lingering pain or swelling. I remember one bad episode of stepping on a bee barefoot. Not fun.

Cynthia, great you can help your DD driving her to work. Is she wearing a mask and gloves? I found an N100 mask I had from days when I was tending to my allergies and really avoiding dust. So I can use it in emergency situations. It is pretty old, though.

Diana, my mom isn't really getting why she has to use the CPAP. She somehow now has the idea she sleeps better without it, which is a big mistake and it's hard to explain to her why she has to keep trying to use it as much as possible. The idea that you can sleep a lot of hours and not get the benefits because of sleep apnea is hard for her to grasp now.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 07:22 PM  
seabliss

Today's workout was more of a challenge: HIIT Cardio and Butt and Thigh Workout - HIIT and Strength. The HIIT portion was thankfully short. Also walked a mile outdoors.

I had a harder time today with the whole quarantine thing. We drove to our storage to get a few things and returned through the small downtown near us. I saw all the restaurants, stores, and hang-out spots closed, and it was such a beautiful day. I just wanted to be able to go for a drive, wander through some shops, get some ice cream with my family. Nicer days make this whole thing harder, I guess! I also was thinking about all the workers who don't have jobs right now because those kinds of places are closed.

But then after we returned home it was better. I did my workout, and DH and I have started a new series on Netflix that is somewhat apropos to this time. So I can forget about it all for a while, thank goodness. I think we all go through different emotions in this strange time. At the same time I feel this strange connectedness with everyone, because across countries we are all going through this together.