Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-22-20, 06:10 PM  
Jules

It has been a good weekend. We put our trampoline out for the kids to get some exercise. I have been doing some spring cleaning in the house and my husband is getting stuff done outside. We lost several trees in a wind storm a week ago and we are probably going to have to hire our tree guys to come back out and cut them down - some of them are still propped up on other trees and it is pretty dangerous to cut them down without the proper equipment.

Yesterday I did Cathe's Imax 2... such a fun workout!

Today I did BP 100. All the different instructors in this one make it interesting. It's a good release, but I feel like it could have been so much better considering they were celebrating 25 years of BP.

My husband is going to mostly work from home now and his office is in our master bedroom which is where I also exercise. I will have to make sure he doesn't have any conference calls going on when I exercise.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 02:29 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey Jules and anyone else. ;-)

Well tough week here. I found out late Friday that I have been temporarily laid off due to covid.
The business had to shut it's doors for a while and are only doing curbside orders. Anyway, I cried a lot yesterday, was stressed a lot but today I feel better. Guess I just had to get it out of my system. The stress from all this just hit me I suppose.

So backtracking.
Friday: Cathe Slow & Heavy-Triceps & Biceps. I had tricep doms for most of the weekend. Such a great set!

Monday: Cathe Live 238 PHA Plus Cardio Blasts. I purchased this download a while back but never got around to doing it. It was fun! Didn't seem a frantic pace but did move along pretty briskly.

Today: Cathe 4 Day Split Bootcamp/Bi-Tri (weights 1st mix). I had 4DS YEARS ago. So long I don't have it in my workout log. But I remember not liking it.
Don't know why. Bootcamp was great fun and doing the strength portion first was excellent! The bicep/tricep work was excellent and Cathe even went heavy on some moves.
The cardio was fun and not super heavy on impact. I was dripping when I got done.

So I'll be working thru the rest of 4DS this week. I previewed Higher Intensity Step and despite a few moves that look tricky, I think it will be totally doable.

Still saying in and staying well. Hope you are too!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 01:39 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi Jules...hope you're ok!!

Today was 4DS Higher Intensity Step. Oooh, this was kind of hard for me. Not the intensity but the choreography. :-o
I did preview yesterday and thought I had it but I did struggle with some of that wild choreo sometimes. But I just kept doing what I could. Sometimes MANGLING the moves but I kept moving and stepping and it was so much fun!

I did the Weights First mix again and REALLY like the strength work in these! Cathe was going heavy too and lots of fun exercises. Funny Cathe even talks on her site about doing weights before cardio, but on almost all of these types of workouts, she does the cardio first. ?? Oh well, there are almost always premixes.

Two thumbs up for 4DS! Despite flubbing some of today's step work, it's just really been a fun set so far. I have Kickboxing and Lower Intensity Step left.

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 03-25-20, 02:33 PM  
Jules

Hi! I'm still here!

On Monday I did not work out. My daughter had a hair appointment on Tuesday to get her hair cut and colored with crazy colors and it was something she has been looking forward to for months. We went in Monday so the stylist could see what her hair is like, and they said they would probably have to close on Tuesday due to orders from the governor, so they squeezed my daughter in on Monday afternoon and we were there for several hours. Her hair turned out great and she is thrilled.

Yesterday I did BP 101. Glen kept calling it a "Back to Basics" workout and I found that to be true. The music and moves were more low-key than usual and I burned about 330 calories.

Today I decided to try out a Peloton spin and did a 60 minute Power and Endurance ride. It was mostly seated and you attempt to keep your heart rate relatively steady throughout. I enjoyed the music and it is awesome that Peloton uses original artists rather than covers. The first Peloton instructor that I previewed was swearing up a storm, but the workout I did was clean. Gotta be careful with the kids around.

Kate - I am so sorry to hear about your lay-off. I guess the good news is more time to work out, right? Are you going to collect unemployment? Our school is sending the hourly employees info tomorrow on that since school is now out here until Easter. I am guessing I will still be working a few hours per week, but I will probably apply for unemployment. I will know more tomorrow.

Yes, the choreo in 4DS HIS takes a few tries, but once you have it down it is so much fun! I love, love, love 4DS Kickboxing! The combo of the kickbox cardio followed with tough leg work and then an intense core segment is beautiful! That is so true about Cathe having cardio first on all her workouts but preaching weights first, LOL. I actually like to do the cardio first b/c then I feel warmed up for the lifting. I am not trying to make muscle gains though.

Hang in there, everyone!
Old 03-25-20, 10:16 PM  
fatkat555

Kate: If you want to try my barre workout tomorrow (free) I’ll paste the invite here. I hope my goofiness will raise your spirits. We’ll get through this even stronger than before. Big cyber {{{{{hugs}}}}}.

Topic: Zoom barre class
Time: Mar 26, 2020 09:30 AM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/142510418?...dBdlJYVjgvQT09

Meeting ID: 142 510 418
Password: 068114

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 02:19 PM  
Jules

Hey! Just checking in with one of my favorite BPs #102! I love this workout so much! It is definitely up there at the top of my faves along with #96. One of the presenters is a little dry in this one, but the music is great so I can ignore it. It is also one of the shorter BPs clocking in at just 55 minutes, but I still burned 385 calories.
Old 03-27-20, 11:49 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi Fatkat! Great to see you and thank you for the link! I'll take a look. I've been thinking about you hearing about NO....hope you all stay well!!

Jules: I did BP102 but didn't write too much about it in my log book. I might have to revisit it!

More Cathe for me. I have so many untried workouts of hers (gifted from a friend) and am having a blast.
Yesterday was Cathe 4 Day Split Kickbox/Legs-Abs. Excellent!! The more I do this set the better I like it. This had some really fun kickboxing moves and the leg and ab work was super good! I love the weight work in this set because it's all heavy.

Today was 4 Day Split Lower Intensity Step /Shoulders-Core. I actually caught on to the choreo in this one! I did preview and aside from the last routine, I got it all! Fun blasts in between the step work. The shoulder work was wicked good and the usual tough but good core work.

So next week I think I'll do some more of the premixes. There's an All Upper Body and All Lower Body I'll add in. Tons of great mixes in this set.

Hope everyone is still staying well. Good thing I'm already a home-body...staying home isn't so bad.

TGIF!

Old 03-29-20, 06:48 PM  
Jules

Quick check-in while BP 103 is fresh in my mind. This one was less intense than 102, but still very enjoyable. I burned just under 300 calories. My glutes are still sore from 102 so I did not mind the slower pace. I especially liked the triceps and biceps tracks.

Kate - I am glad you like 4DS kickbox! It is a fun routine.
Old 03-31-20, 04:09 PM  
Jules

Hello! I had a good day today. I went into school this morning to help put together a week's worth of breakfasts and lunches for 50 students. It was fun to see some of my coworkers and find out how everyone is doing. We are all healthy and hopefully that doesn't change.

I just did BodyPump 104 and it was another excellent release! I especially liked squats, back and biceps. All the presenters are solid in this one and the music is great. I burned 360 calories.

Yesterday I tried out Peloton again and did a 60 minute ride with intervals, climbs and arm work. It was a good challenge and included plenty of water breaks. It was not as difficult as the spin workouts I classify as "relentless" like most of Rebecca's from Studio Sweat. My Peloton app on my Apple watch said I burned 640 calories in an hour, but there is no way my burn was that high. I am guessing my burn was closer to 475 calories. The playlist had an explicit Nine Inch Nails song in it and I was super glad my 14 y.o. daughter who was in the room was wearing her headphones, LOL.

Stay strong, everyone!
Old 03-31-20, 04:17 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

HI Jules and Fatkat!

Jules that is so nice that you helped out with the kids' food. Just be careful! Aren't you glad that you live in a less populated area? I sure am.

This week I'm hitting some of the premixes in 4 Day Split. Yesterday I did Cathe 4 Day Split All Upper Weights. FAB!!! I really love the weight work in this series. All heavy!

Today I did 4DS Cardio Power mix which is the warmup and cardio from Kickbox and the cardio and cooldown from Bootcamp. Loved it! I love cardio workouts where I don't have to think about the moves!

Please take care everyone! It's scary but it HAS to pass! Hopefully sooner rather than later.
HUGS