Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-21, 03:53 PM  
Cerulea
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Denial
I've been enjoying Cardio Step Mix and Super Cardio recently. I also loved the Power Cardio one with Dale (not sure if that's the right name) and Maximum Cardio with Carissa.
Cerulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 04:47 PM  
kat999
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah O. View Post
What a fun system! Do you ever land on something youíd really rather not do or do you love them all?
Honestly, I love them all, and for those I'm not as fond of, I try to tell myself there's still a reason I like the FIRM system and have stuck with it, and that I'll find something to enjoy with every workout, even if just for a minute. If a particular move is truly not vibing with me that day, I just modify to something else. It's sort of the idea that the moves that you most resist are probably the ones you really should be working on more. The fact that the FIRM and related systems (KickButt/FitPrime, TLT, etc.) don't fill me with dread is that they mostly avoid stuff I already don't like, like burpees and mountain climbers and super explosive moves, except for the Express and Zip trainer systems (and those are so short that I can manage even the tough moves).
__________________
peace.tranquility.calmness.serenity
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 05:29 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
So, I went with Volume 4 and it was just right. I really enjoy Kai and all that 80s sunniness. And because Iím in that zone right now, Iím already looking forward to Cardio Split on Sunday.
Sarah O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 05:33 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerulea View Post
I've been enjoying Cardio Step Mix and Super Cardio recently. I also loved the Power Cardio one with Dale (not sure if that's the right name) and Maximum Cardio with Carissa.
I bow to your cardio abilities! I did Maximum Cardio this week and it wiped me out. In a good way, but Iím not looking forward to doing it again just yet. . Iíd love to do Cardio Step Mix but itís one of the ones I donít have and havenít been able to find it on DVD yet.
Sarah O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 05:42 PM  
wendug
VF Supporter
 
wendug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago burb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah O. View Post
I bow to your cardio abilities! I did Maximum Cardio this week and it wiped me out. In a good way, but Iím not looking forward to doing it again just yet. . Iíd love to do Cardio Step Mix but itís one of the ones I donít have and havenít been able to find it on DVD yet.
Maximum Cardio is a tough workout. At the end with the weight work Carissa is sweating and breathing hard! I definitely have to be prepared for this workout (and Cardio Burn). I am also hoping to find Cardio Step Mix on DVD, but is it that much different from Tough Cardio Mix?
__________________
Wendy
wendug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 09:27 PM  
Cerulea
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Denial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah O. View Post
I bow to your cardio abilities! I did Maximum Cardio this week and it wiped me out. In a good way, but I’m not looking forward to doing it again just yet. . I’d love to do Cardio Step Mix but it’s one of the ones I don’t have and haven’t been able to find it on DVD yet.
Oh, I modify a whole lot of the impact, especially in Super Cardio, but in all of them really. I used to do more of the jumping but honestly these days I would just rather not!

Maximum Body Shaping was another one that I loved back in the day. May have to dust that off soon.
Cerulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 09:31 PM  
Cerulea
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Denial
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Maximum Cardio is a tough workout. At the end with the weight work Carissa is sweating and breathing hard! I definitely have to be prepared for this workout (and Cardio Burn). I am also hoping to find Cardio Step Mix on DVD, but is it that much different from Tough Cardio Mix?
I don't think I ever had Tough Cardio Mix, so I can't compare them...but Cardio Step Mix is good for steady state cardio. It's long and I don't typically finish the whole thing. After 45-50 minutes I'm good :-)
Cerulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 09:49 PM  
fanofladyvols
VF Supporter
 
fanofladyvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Modify City, State of Fierce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah O. View Post
So, I went with Volume 4 and it was just right. I really enjoy Kai and all that 80s sunniness. And because Iím in that zone right now, Iím already looking forward to Cardio Split on Sunday.
Oh good!
__________________
Linda-- Crush goals like eggshells baby!!

Don't just work hard, work smart....Pat Head Summitt

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word for 2021: Resilience
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
the firm

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness