Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-13, 01:12 PM  
BamaTanya

Smile I love Margaret Richard.

I got Unplugged 1900 for Christmas.

Wow. Strength I don't dread.

I'm not crazy about her warm-ups because I'm not graceful and my arms and legs get confused. Mostly I try to keep up (maybe I'll be graceful someday???), but sometimes I march in place a la Leslie.

What I love is the strength workouts. I don't like them when I'm doing them because it hurts! But I know she'll walk me through it, that it will be for a limited time, and that, over the course of 2-3 days, I'm all covered.

I love working outside with her. I can almost feel the breeze.

I love the many different variations she does for different muscle groups. Even when you're doing the same group, there's a novel way to work it, and I find some are more challenging than others!

I love knowing that her repetitions are slow enough for me to up my weights when ready.

I even love her Food for Thought segment.

She makes corny jokes. She makes a mistake here or there. And she's amazing.

I feel like I've found a new bestie. I hope I'll grow stronger and more graceful like her.

Oh, I also love her customer service. I received one wrong disc, emailed, and got the correct one in days. Makes me want to buy more!
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 01:33 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I love her, too. Except for the warm ups I'm not graceful, either, so they're just not for me, but the rest of her stuff I love.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 02:13 PM  
txfitmom

I especially like her 1900 series as well. I have been recording as many Margaret workouts as I can off PBS and those have been my favorites. I actually like doing the workout from the TV version because they have such awesome music. I also love all the innovative moves, she sometimes uses a ball, funny comments, she is just so real. At one time I was having a really hard motivating myself to workout, so I did one of her workouts every day and kept moving forward and eventually I found it helped lift my depressive mood and I actually wanted to workout again.

I have always wondered if I kept doing her workouts every day how fit would I be, etc. That will probably be my next fitness experiment.

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 02:53 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTanya View Post
I got Unplugged 1900 for Christmas.

Wow. Strength I don't dread.
Exactly. I love Margaret.

Now that I'm pushing 60, I appreciate her even more. She's tough and precise without sacrificing form or joints.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 03:12 PM  
lisarah

I did Sculpture (reacquired) last week (before my cold got the worst of me!) & really enjoyed it! So what is the difference between 1900 & 2000 unplugged?

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 03:22 PM  
BamaTanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfitmom View Post
I especially like her 1900 series as well. I have been recording as many Margaret workouts as I can off PBS and those have been my favorites. I actually like doing the workout from the TV version because they have such awesome music. I also love all the innovative moves, she sometimes uses a ball, funny comments, she is just so real. At one time I was having a really hard motivating myself to workout, so I did one of her workouts every day and kept moving forward and eventually I found it helped lift my depressive mood and I actually wanted to workout again.

I have always wondered if I kept doing her workouts every day how fit would I be, etc. That will probably be my next fitness experiment.
Our PBS station doesn't carry her show. I've contacted them about Body Electric and Classical Stretch to no avail. A PBS station in a city 60 miles from here does, but my local cable station doesn't broadcast that one (different state).

Maybe I should write again.

You're right. She's so real. She's tough, but she lets you know it isn't easy. Encourages you to press on at your own level. Not like a cheerleader -- more like a buddy. Or a mentor who's encouraging a beginner.

So glad I found her through VF. I wouldn't have known about her at all.
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 05:05 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTanya View Post
Our PBS station doesn't carry her show.
Mine did many, many years ago, and I recorded a bunch of her workouts, because of what I'd read on VF.

When I finally went to do one, I didn't make it past the warm up, and recorded over them

They don't show her or Classical Stretch here now, either.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 05:08 PM  
patriots

I have a 4 DVD set.... with Home Improvement. That is my favorite!! I love the whole leg segment! Her figure is so amazing, strong, lean and toned.
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 05:35 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I am liking her too! I just acquired both All My Best compilations and Sculpture. Aside from Jari Love's Get Ripped I don't have much in the way of high rep low weight stuff. These are nice to add to that department.

She is very calming, but works you hard. I have videos of instructors of all ages but I seem to be incorporating older instructors in lately, such as Margaret and Charlene Prickett. I like her sense of humor too...thumbs up for Margaret!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 07:54 PM  
txfitmom

That is a bummer that ya'll don't have Margaret or Classical Stretch on PBS. I have been recording them like crazy just in case they ever go away. I don't have to worry about them taking up too much space because we can record directly to a computer. Several times I have had our DVR crash and burn (we have been through about 4 of them already), so I don't take any chances recording on there anymore. Lost a bunch of All Star workouts when one of my DVR's died.

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body electric, margaret richard, unplugged