Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cynthia Kereluk - Everyday Workout - Now on DVD (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=147875)

spotted zebra 04-19-10 04:13 PM

Cynthia Kereluk - Everyday Workout - Now on DVD

For those who liked the Everyday Workout TV program with Cynthia Kereluk, she now has a DVD out with 5 of her shows. Until recently you could only buy her workouts on VHS. The price is $25 which includes shipping and handling.

If interested you can mail a US (international) money order or cheque to:

Cynthia Kereluk
P.O. Box 75209
White Rock, BC
Canada V4B 5L4

Lucky Star 04-19-10 04:22 PM

Hi Zee, do you know how long each program is? Also, what's the music/vibe like? (Never watched Cynthia's shows)

sundari 04-19-10 04:41 PM

These are the only clips I've found of her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kldiZ7tq7VY

TaraDrive 04-19-10 04:51 PM

Ha! I used to do these off TV. It's a funny show. Solid workout. But it is a little -- I don't know if dated is the word -- but "of it's time." For ex. it does a stretch at the beginning, while the thinking nowadays is you stretch at the end. But it's a nice workout other than that. The music, if I remember (I have a few on VHS), is kind of dopey sounding and she recites facts of the world. :)

Lorianne 04-19-10 05:00 PM

this is great news spotted_zebra!
thanks for posting this.
do you have any more info? is she going to put out more?
how on earth did you find out about this? :love:
I'm thrilled! totally.

spotted zebra 04-19-10 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Star (Post 1540823)
Hi Zee, do you know how long each program is? Also, what's the music/vibe like? (Never watched Cynthia's shows)

I don't have the DVD at this time. I'm thinking each would be the half hour show minus the commercials so, not sure... Maybe 20 - 25 minutes long?? (If I find out something more specific later I can let you know). The music is almost non-existent in the other ones I have of hers on VHS. Barely there, so low I can hardly hear it. So it's easy to play your own music. You can get a good sense of her on some of her YouTube clips.

ETA: Here are links showing some of CK's cardio. Lots of music here so I have to eat my words about no music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b7uMxGwCw8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN-R7udhlZw

spotted zebra 04-19-10 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorianne (Post 1540843)
this is great news spotted_zebra!
thanks for posting this.
do you have any more info? is she going to put out more?
how on earth did you find out about this? :love:
I'm thrilled! totally.

Me too. I love Cynthia.

She had 10 or 11 VHS tapes released before, including some of her shows plus other programs. Most are sold out but her assistant in BC still has 4 titles available plus the new DVD. I actually kind of stumbled upon all this by accident when I ran across one of her male fans online (a HUGE fan of hers). If you'd like a copy of the order form you can send me a pm with your email address if you like and I'll be happy to forward it to you.

Maybe the other VHS titles will be released later on DVD too?? I'm not sure but her assistant would know and I can give you her email address too if you'd like to find out more. Unfortunately I don't have a phone number.

spotted zebra 04-19-10 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraDrive (Post 1540834)
Ha! I used to do these off TV. It's a funny show. Solid workout. But it is a little -- I don't know if dated is the word -- but "of it's time." For ex. it does a stretch at the beginning, while the thinking nowadays is you stretch at the end. But it's a nice workout other than that. The music, if I remember (I have a few on VHS), is kind of dopey sounding and she recites facts of the world. :)

Oh maybe the music is louder on some VHS programs than others. I just put on one of the videos I have and the only music I can hear is at the beginning before the workouts start. And then now and then just really, really faint music, but mostly I just hear her talking. I agree it's a little dated but that's to be expected.

Lorianne 04-20-10 09:03 AM

thanks so much spotted_zebra :love:
I pm'd you.

fluffydogfan 04-20-10 09:29 AM

Wow. I've never heard of her before, but she is wonderful! Telling jokes about golf and counting in Hebrew? She's just a hoot and a half. I bet it was a joy to workout to her TV show. I'm sorry it was before my (video) time. I feel a little cheated...

Katie

Sissy B 04-20-10 10:31 AM

My mom used to watch and workout to her show years ago when she was on Lifetime. I turned Lifetime on one morning to workout with her after talking to my mom and it was Denise Austin! So I never had the chance to workout with Cynthia.

~Sissy B

Lorianne 04-20-10 05:48 PM

oh yes! Cynthia was/is a sweetheart.
her workouts are super easy, basic, but, you get a great little workout.
I love her personality, soft spoken.
her workouts are perfect for when your not looking for something too tough.
something gentle. quicky. alittle bit of everything.
it would be nice if Mary carried these.
thanks again spotted_zebra, once again ;)
sent my cheque out. I'm looking forward to this dvd.

spotted zebra 04-21-10 07:26 AM

I love Cynthia's cheerful presence. She has a huge heart, so often thinking of others and of course part of the proceeds from sales of her workouts always go to great causes, both to help people and animals. Her parents both died when she was young, and from a young age she looked out for others starting with her foster home siblings, some of whom had major disabilities. It shaped who she became later in life.

I read this somewhere online about Cynthia: "In the hard-edged 1980s and 1990s, the era of "feel the burn," and "no pain, no gain," Kereluk's philosophy was, "Exercising should be comfortable. There shouldn't be any straining." Her workouts were in contrast to others during that time (pre-Leslie). Wasn't she also the first fitness instructor on TV to introduce split screens showing two levels of exercise at the same time?

aunatural 04-21-10 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy B (Post 1541185)
My mom used to watch and workout to her show years ago when she was on Lifetime....~Sissy B

I used to work out to her show too. Boy, I'm starting to feel old. :)

Sissy B 04-21-10 02:51 PM

Thanks spotted_zebra - I forwarded the order form to my mom.

~Sissy B

spotted zebra 05-13-10 09:12 PM

Update

Cynthia's DVD is in DVD-R format and comes in a cardboard sleeve. I was half expecting DVD-R (considering the lack of marketing), but was surprised it didn't come in a case. Just an FYI for anyone else considering this. I'm glad I got it and see it as a great collector's item. :heart: