Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's a fitness goal you reached that you never thought you would? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=193697)

boukilisa 06-14-13 01:15 PM

What's a fitness goal you reached that you never thought you would?

I never thought I would have toned triceps or a solid core. I hated working both those areas because they were weak and they were weak because I hated working them. I hated every kind of supine ab work, tricep dips, tricep pushups, etc. Then I discovered standing core work. I was surprised at how much I love it. I got a stronger core. The same story happened with my triceps. I just use heavier weights in tricep extensions. Two fitness goals met!

How about you VF?

F1mom 06-14-13 02:17 PM

I never thought I'd pick up a weight heavier than 5 pounds. :)

dutchgirl 06-14-13 02:37 PM

Running!

I always thought that my really bad knees meant I could never run. But about 2 years ago I hunkered down with my eating and lost 20 lbs, dedicated myself to my workouts, and incorporated 1 day/week of intervals/HIIT/tabata. With newfound strength in my knees I tried a 5k race doing run/walk intervals. My knees held up great and I finished the race. Now I try to incorporate run/walk intervals about once a month. It's not sustained running, but so much more than I ever thought I could do.

killoffsonny 06-14-13 04:00 PM

A roll up in pilates. Took me months to get up without using my hands. Now I've been able to do it for over year and it's a piece of cake. Would like to be able to do it with my arms behind my head. Working on that.

cherimac 06-14-13 04:20 PM

Full side planks on my feet.

Eilene 06-14-13 05:44 PM

I used to do Yoga for years & could never do a Yoga push up as it uses more of your triceps. From working out so much (Zcut, SKOGG & Horizontal conditioning) I can finally do them!! I haven't practiced Yoga in 4 years & I did The Ultimate Yogi Cross Training yesterday...no problems. It all stems from the core. I did UY Hardcore today & it wasn't even hard for me. :)
I'm so excited with how strong I have become!!

Candiceena 06-14-13 07:51 PM

I never thought I would actually consider myself someone who LOVES working out.

To me, that is the best thing that has happened to me. It is such a good feeling. I know that no matter what, working out w/ my DVDs is a hobby - a labor of love - something I can say I truly enjoy.

Not sure if that is a "fitness" milestone in the traditional sense but it's sort of a mental-fitness milestone. :)

alydinva 06-14-13 08:27 PM

Visible pecs! They weren't even on my radar and I noticed them a month or so ago. Now I love them. :D

boukilisa 06-14-13 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candiceena (Post 2244735)
i never thought i would actually consider myself someone who loves working out.

+1

juberann 06-14-13 09:58 PM

Consistant weight training!! by "consistant", I mean 3-4 times a week. It has made an incredible difference in my body:)