Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Do you have a workout buddy? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230487)

PennyK 02-25-21 04:20 PM

Do you have a workout buddy?

ChelePA 02-25-21 05:19 PM

Prior to Covid, my daughter did cycling classes with me. She will also go for long walks or a hike with me. But she prefers to exercise alone when it comes to DVDs or YouTube workouts. I miss our special time at the gym.

Leonana 02-25-21 05:24 PM

No, unfortunately.

My daughter doesn't want to exercise, she works at Starbucks part time and feels she gets enough exercise being on her feet. I've told her that isn't enough, she should at least do some yoga, but so far, she isn't too interested.

My husband has an active job. Which is a positive in that he is extremely healthy. However, he is always too tired to do anything physical. I wish we could hike or go for walks sometimes.

jusca 02-25-21 06:04 PM

Nope. I prefer not to. A buddy feels like baggage to me as I'm very self-motivated in a lot of my hobbies/interests. The one time I gave some friends a chance to workout together was when we all went to a gym to sign up for a membership. I was mostly doing it for the social aspect but surely enough the sign up day was the last time they went to the gym (no surprise to me. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt). I went to the gym alone a few times after that but I much prefer being at home and canceled the membership shortly afterwards.

schoolgirl-01 02-25-21 07:43 PM

i have 2 buddies that live in other states. we have a private facebook group just for the 3 of us. we post our workouts and chat about everything that pops into our heads. we've been together online for 15 years.

yogapam 02-25-21 08:59 PM

I teach Essentrics to a few local friends, alternate with another local friend. Right now we are on zoom but hope to get back to in person classes ASAP. I also teach a few of my oldest & dearest friends across the country on zoom and will continue to do so. I have a few local walking buddies, we live in a hiking and walking paradise in a small rural community here on the west coast. So my friends keep me active!

bubbles76 02-25-21 10:09 PM

No I prefer not to. I mean, I'll take fitness classes, but I really don't care if there are other people in the room or not. I'm too self absorbed.

ETA: The only exception is when Tiny Bubble works out with me. He'll still do Misty workouts, Christi's Cinnamon, and yoga with me.

DCW 02-26-21 06:28 AM

I have a walking buddy which is great. We have been walking together 30 years.

My community rec class has been together 30 years, too.. We miss each other during Covid.

My walking buddies at work I miss so much.

Rhonda 02-26-21 08:05 AM

Sometimes I have a cat or two when stretching or doing yoga.

I workout in the mornings by myself and hubby does his workout when he gets home from work.

If it is nice outside, we will take a walk together but other than that I am on my own.

sherry7899 02-26-21 08:20 AM

only if cats count....I like exercising alone.

Sherry