Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Insanity vs. Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=161746)

yahoo205 02-22-11 07:27 PM

Insanity vs. Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

Is this a silly question?

Is insanity way tougher?

A-Bot 02-22-11 07:32 PM

I don't think it is a silly question. I did Jillian's first and I think it helped prepare me for Insanity. The moves are similar - athletic with an "old-school" feel, but Shaun T does them faster, with more reps - I think Jillian's workout is great prep though. I think Shaun's has more Strength training ones as well (push up based) - I haven't done Jillian's in awhile.

icebergslim 02-22-11 07:36 PM

Insanity is higher impact and intesity than Jillian's BFBM. But I agree, BFBM is a great starting point before jumping into Insanity.

debbied 02-22-11 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-bot (Post 1749135)
i don't think it is a silly question. I did jillian's first and i think it helped prepare me for insanity. The moves are similar - athletic with an "old-school" feel, but shaun t does them faster, with more reps - i think jillian's workout is great prep though. I think shaun's has more strength training ones as well (push up based) - i haven't done jillian's in awhile.

ita.

Helen S 02-22-11 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icebergslim (Post 1749139)
Insanity is higher impact and intesity than Jillian's BFBM. But I agree, BFBM is a great starting point before jumping into Insanity.

Agree with you and all the other posts so far.

RoccoLuv 02-22-11 08:34 PM

I hate to disagree, but I find Jillian's to be a nice starting point to Cathe's Core Cardio Circuit, which is a great way to get ready for Insanity. I just don't feel BFBM is a direct segway to Insanity, although it is in the same 'feel' of workout. I do BFBM during my recovery weeks...

ellaenchanted 02-22-11 08:52 PM

I find BFBM to be intermediate and not comparable to what I have seen of Insanity. I haven't done Insanity but I would something like Peak 10 or Cathe's HiiT instead as a prep.

A-Bot 02-22-11 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoccoLuv (Post 1749204)
I hate to disagree, but I find Jillian's to be a nice starting point to Cathe's Core Cardio Circuit, which is a great way to get ready for Insanity. I just don't feel BFBM is a direct segway to Insanity, although it is in the same 'feel' of workout. I do BFBM during my recovery weeks...

That makes sense, everyone is different . . I personally feel like cathe's CCC is more on the same level of Insanity though - it doesn't have the same high-energy-vibe, but I think it has the same intensity (except for the crunch sections) - especially the Insanitys that have interval breaks. I heard someone on the forum once say "if you can do CCC, you can do insanity" and I think they are right. I believe it was in the segment where they were discussing "now that I have done insanity, what can challenge me at the same cardiovascular intensity" and people were saying CCC. I feel like Intensity and CCC are more in the same camp, and Jillian's is more of a great prep workout for these two. I also think people forget that Insanity is as hard as you want to make it . . a lot of it is pushing yourself to do as many reps in an alloted time segment, which means you go as hard as you can and you get better - so there is room for improvement. A lot of people in the workouts are going at different paces, but everyone is pushing themselves to the max point. Does that make sense?