DanceafreakaKofi Dennis Adorsoo
Year Released: 2007
Categories: Floor Aerobics/Hi-Lo/Dance
Video Fitness reviews may not be copied, quoted, or posted elsewhere without the permission of the reviewer
You can get this dvd at www.danceafreaka.com
I was searching the web and saw this dance dvd. It is the newest craze from England, aerobic african dance classes.
This dvd is broken into 3 sements:
1. Warm-up 10 minutes. Basic african dance stretches
2. Choreography 30 minutes. Here you learn a very simple but energetic african dance routine done to live drums. The class is in a dance studio and there is an echo. The moves are fast but doable and frankly speaking kind of boring to me.
3 Performance- 2 minutes. The teacher goes thru the entire routine without cuing, only once. I have to hit previous to get it to play again. For a cardio workout, they should have gone thru the workout at least 3 times.
4. Cool down- 10 minutes Nothing interesting here. No abs no real stretching.
I was kind of disappointed with the dvd. I sweated but I did not enjoy it much. The routine was boring to me and after you learn it, then what?
I have only done it once and I almost never think to put it into my rotation. Here are some things to improve the next dvd.
1. Better backup dancers. The dancers were lame, especially the one on the right (my rignt)She kept messing up.
2. A more challenging routine that you would not get the 1st or 2nd time around, but you would still get a great workout.
3. better cool down exercises includeing abs.
4. Run the routine many times thru to build endurance.
A much better african dance dvd is Djoniba workout. It has everything you need to get a good workout. I am going to add it to my dvd rotation.
You can get that at www.djoniba.com
Nice fella with a strong African accent.