iBallet 8 (54 minutes) ♥
Barre work (20:51)
▪ Plié 1st position in relevé / with side stretch / hold plié down and press hips forward and back
▪ Small plié 1st position in relevé with ball between knees / press knees on the ball
▪ Passé and plié : Lift R foot to L knee, open to plié 2nd position, lift L foot to R knee, 1st position
▪ High lunge stretch
▪ Arabesque with foot flexed (small presses) / Bend knee and press foot back (stomp) / Standing pigeon stretch
▪ Leaning over barre 90º: Arabesque (small presses) / Hamstring curls
Core work (14:54)
▪ Neck pull / Rowing with towel between hands – Repeat
▪ Isolations (4 minutes… too long!)
▪ Oblique lifts (lift top leg, lift bottom leg, lower bottom leg, lower top leg)
▪ Swimming on side (bicycling motion with the legs)
▪ Double knee stretch
Floor work (13:42)
▪ (1 ) Point, kick, hold: Bend top leg, kick up, lower half way, lift bottom leg to meet top one, lower bottom leg, lift bottom leg, lower bottom leg, lower top leg / (2) Pulley movement (side kick, pointing toes up and flexing down) – Repeat
▪ Seated inner thigh lift
▪ Prone inner/outer thigh: Lie on stomach and lift legs, then open and close (1½ min)
▪ Child pose
▪ Single pigeon
▪ Excellent barre work: The plié series is fairly long and challenging (8½ min) and the arabesque series hits the glutes effectively.
▪ The core work is pretty tedious – 4 minutes of isolation is way too much!
▪ The floor work is mostly pilates-based (like iballet 4). The point, kick, hold movement is a fun variation on the side series. Not much glute work at all.
Fuzzie (copied from everything iBallet thread)