Step Ten: Keep coming to to Video Fitness
Video Fitness can help you become an informed and educated consumer, motivate you to stick with your exercise program, help you to formulate and reevaluate your goals regularly, and help you connect with other people who share an interest in getting fitter through home exercise.
Here is a quick index of VF areas that will help you in your quest for a fitter lifestyle.
Video and equipment selection and purchase:
- Reader Forum: ask questions, read about other people's workouts, new video releases, and the joys of fitness video addiction.
- mentor program: find a VF mentor who will give you ongoing, one-on-one friendly advice and recommendations by email (not a substitute for professional advice)
- success stories: read about VF readers who have made remarkable progress in improving their health and fitness level
Social interaction: VF allows you to meet and mingle with others who share an interest in getting fitter. For many, the social contacts are critical to staying motivated.
- The Beginners Checkin is a section of the Forum where beginners can be accountable to each other, encourage each other, and talk about the workouts they are doing. (See the Challenges and Checkins section of the forum).
- Mentor program: find a VF mentor who will give you ongoing, one-on-one friendly advice and recommendations by email (not a substitute for professional advice)
- Reader Forum: ask questions, read about other people's workouts, new video releases, and the joys of fitness video addiction
- VF Network: find others in your city or region who share an interest in fitness videos.
- VF get-togethers, conferences, and road trips: Check the News & Events forum regularly to see if there is a get-together scheduled for your area. If not, consider trying to organize one. They are terrific opportunities to meet others interested in fitness videos and living a healthier lifestyle. Many include video preview parties which give you the opportunity to sample videos and instructors you may not have seen before. Please don't think you have to be in good shape to come to an event--VFers come in all shapes and sizes, and we do NOT look like we just stepped off the pages of Shape magazine.
Wait, there's more...