Step Five: Set realistic goals
Here are some examples of behavioral and performance-oriented goals:
These are just examples--your list may be very different. So, how do you determine what goals are realistic and productive for you? Read on...
- work up to exercising for 30 minutes, 5 days per week
- perform strength training activities 3 times per week
- make it all the way through an 45 minute video without stopping
- be able to lift 5 pound dumbells with good form on bicep curls
- work up to using a 6 inch step bench
- learn all the steps in (insert video name here).
- be able to walk 3 miles briskly without stopping
- gain enough flexibility to touch my toes
- drink 64 oz. of water every day
- build enough upper body strength to do 10 pushups
- be able to get through an intermediate-level video by my birthday
- be able to carry those 20 pound bags of cat food to the car by myself